Top 10 questions that journalists won't ask Obama at pressers

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by PSGator66, Aug 9, 2013.

1. PSGator66

PSGator66 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +374 / 39 / -7
  2. gatordowneast

gatordowneast Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +669 / 25 / -6
    MSM members are no longer journalists...they are publicists. They should be tried for aiding and abetting the enemy and hung by their thumbs so they can't twitter when they get tingly.
  3. vangator1

vangator1 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +114 / 13 / -7
    I don't believe it's love. I believe it's fear. If they tried to be objective at all and printed or said what they really thought, it would be the last thing they wrote or said. That is called controlled media.
  4. uftaipan

uftaipan Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +523 / 29 / -17
    How about, "Mr. President, exactly which scandals would you characterize as 'phony'?"
  5. tegator80

tegator80 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,448 / 31 / -8
    The conspiracists would say they are all a part of a "New World Order" effort. I would have to say that, trying to lump them into one nice package, they are liberals who want to believe in the lies/incompetent efforts and are wanting to ignore their professional responsibilities. Probably they are still butt hurt over W's two terms and they can rationalize just about anything.

The real issue is...why doesn't the vast majority of the population care? The last election was a pretty damning indictment of the values we now have. But if O has them mesmerized will they return to professionalism after he is finished? My guess is no. It is up to US to clean up this mess and right now we are just too preoccupied to do any heavy lifting.
  6. Spurffelbow833

Spurffelbow833 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +779 / 28 / -7
    I don't recall a lot of diligence and inquisitiveness on the part of the MSM during the Bush administration, either. The media works for the state, regardless of who is in office. The differences in their behavior during Democratic and Republican administrations are cosmetic at most. It is true that most of them are liberals, but they also want to have something to publish and will gladly take all the fluff they can get.
  7. oldgator

oldgator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +147 / 0 / -0
    dear Op---you post yet another BS post based upon a ultracon spin site

I suggest you consider that during GWB's admin the reporters at press conferences were provided a list by the White House of what questions they were allowed to ask.

so OP---you post an article of questions journalists won't ask. You do of course realize that there are members of the right wing portion of the MSM at the press conferences--so why aren't they asking such questions?

yet you seem to consider the matter of questions journalists won't ask to be more tyranical, wrong, etc than GWB admin limiting reporters to only asking questions that are on a list provided by the GWB admin?
  8. ncbullgator

ncbullgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +123 / 7 / -5
    Home run.

:grin:
  9. oldgator

oldgator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +147 / 0 / -0
    I would qualify that to be ----left wing and right wing portion of MSM are no longer journalists....they are publicists.

I recognize this---and do not try to use sources such as MSN, etc in arguments on this board. Sadly, it appears that cons don't own up to their right wing portion of MSM no being journalists....they are publicists. with all the bias and spin that entails.
  10. vangator1

vangator1 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +114 / 13 / -7
    The motivations for the left and right are completely different and to suppose that the right would resort to the same lying tactics of the left is wrong. In a liberals mind, they can't see the lies. It really is a remarkable, scary thing.
  11. JerseyGator01

JerseyGator01 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +343 / 24 / -8
    Since there are so few dark skins in the media, they probably feel guilty.