Time to reevaluate the Florida/Tenn Rivalry?

Discussion in 'Swamp Gas' started by Pasco08, Sep 19, 2013.

1. Hebron13

Hebron13 Member

Ratings Received:
    +27
    It amazes me fooley still has a job, his articles are awful, very good point they are bleacher like! Forced to read him since I get gville sun....when the reader always knows what's coming its very frustrating.....let alone dr football or naming every summer, or his constant whining about road trips.....I'm embarrassed I even know this stuff about him...lets not even start with chiding someone about weight....how about picking against the spread, any butthole can go 7-3 picking straight up winners in college....he's a product of UF becoming a juggernaut over last 25 years....right place right time....at least vettel or Russell lay a little low...fooley has an attitude that he has some sort of stature in this community, or university....just look how the Meyers treated him....I wonder the last time Shelley called him to tell him what exactly to say about urbie....
  2. jagervol01

jagervol01 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +10
    Majors' liver is one tough son of a gun.
  3. Wormwood56

Wormwood56 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,209
    I'm with you. I've never been a fan of journalists who are active fans of the team they cover. There is absolutely no value added. If I want to read Kool-Aid type Party Lines, I can come here...
  4. gatorkarl

gatorkarl VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +40
    Well, it's the biggest game of the year for me as I am bringing my eight year old grandson to his first college game, believe me , he is excited. The first thing he wanted to know was if he could get his face painted so I have to find somewhere on campus that I can get that done before game time. We plan on getting on campus early and making a full day of it.
  5. gtr2x

gtr2x Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +487
    Always a big game because UT is an eastern division opponent and there have been a bunch of memorable games. However they have never been one of the major rivals in my book. We didn't even play UT when I was in school back in the dark ages. Now basketball would be a different story.
  6. jagervol01

jagervol01 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +10
    Hope you both have a great day. Life doesn't get much better than days like that.
  7. dhouston

dhouston Member

Ratings Received:
    +3
    Living right south of Memphis makes it still a HUGE rivalry to everyone around here. Will never forget the personal foul "penalty" against Dallas Baker in 2004 that set Wilhoit up for the 51 yard field goal to beat us 30-28. I've never been so sick after a game
  8. sierragator

sierragator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +156
    Yeah, same way that some used to discount the rivalry with uga... until they started to beat us again (two is more than enough, time to put a stop to that.)

UT will be back eventually, next time they beat us the vollies will be coming out of the woodwork.

Great games back in the 90's though :)
  9. Gator40

Gator40 Avada Kedavra

Ratings Received:
    +145
    Your reasoning doesn't make sense. Are you saying UT/Bama was never a big game? It's been played in October every time since 1914. 85 of the 95 meetings have been played in October. They are putting UT/Bama in the spot of UF/UT for so far one year. That doesn't mean it is being moved permanently. It could be just for the way they are having to bend the schedules until they go to 9 conference games.
  10. swamp_bats

swamp_bats New Member

Ratings Received:
    +0
    I used to really enjoy this game. For anyone who thinks the rivalry is dead just wait for the first time they play Rocky Top in our swamp after they beat us and you will remember how much you hate them.
  11. Pasco08

Pasco08 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +102
    It doesn't have that same feel for some reason. I hope it comes back.
  12. RayGator

RayGator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,335
    And I agree with you and I certainly don't agree with Dooley on this.
    When UT finds their coach, and time will tell if they finally have, then the rivalry will take back on as it was in the Spurrier years.
  13. BigSlick

BigSlick Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +126
    THAT right there is what it's all about!!! Passing along the love of the Gators is unmatched!! Have a great day!:happy:
  14. tilly

tilly Superhero Moderator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,378
    Here here!

This dazzling post was sent via my Samsung Galaxy Tablet using jet packs custom built for Gator Country.