Time for Martial Law in Fort Myers

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by mdgator05, Sep 20, 2013.

1. gatorchamps0607

gatorchamps0607 Always Rasta

Ratings Received:
    +1,711
    Its interesting to look at the Ft. Myers city limits on that map. I would like to see the numbers when you include what locals call Ft. Myers, which is a helluva lot more than what the city limits say FM is.

If you added that, I'd guarantee our murder rate would plummet. Almost every single thing inside Ft. Myers city limits on that map is considered ghetto by most people. I'm not familiar with Chicago enough to know what their city limits includes.
  2. orangeblueorangeblue

orangeblueorangeblue Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,843
    The same would happen in Chicago and frankly almost any town or city with suburbs. Chicago city limits = 2.8M people, Chicago Metro = 9.5M people.
  3. HallGator

HallGator Administrator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,238
    I agree. That is why I wrote earlier that it would be better to take sections of each city to get an overall comparison. I think, though, we would still find that you could feel just as safe in certain parts of Chicago as you could in certain parts of Ft. Myers.

By the way, I got busted in Ft. Myers while driving through the lower income part of the city in 71. I was taking a short cut coming back from LaBelle. Little thing called a curfew was in effect and I have no idea what they hell I was thinking at the time. It seems I really wasn't. Thankfully it was a misdemeanor charge instead of a felony.