Throw the ball vertically

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by 9Iron, Sep 7, 2013.

1. 9Iron

9Iron New Member

Ratings Received:
    +0
    We could of done that all game but knoooow! Throw it sideways and run up the middle for 1.9 a carry
  2. mac4lyfe

mac4lyfe Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +844
    Our offense is better than last year isn't it???

Give us something to look forward to sunshine pumpers.
  3. SeaBud

SeaBud Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +75
    It is amazing to me that after today people still ask this question. Does it not seem obvious that the coaches are not comfortable with Jeff throwing the ball deep (or in crowded space - ie, near the end zone)? And does it not seem even more obvious that this discomfort is warranted.

Last year JD was young. This game is deeply troubling to me as I hoped JD was not the second coming of Doug Johnson, but it appears he may be (albeit, Jeff runs way better than Doug did). This does not mean JD is bad, just not a guy that can take us to championships. Hope I'm wrong but the evidence is building.

In the bigger picture, I'm hopeful that this does have more to do with JD and is not significantly negatively impacted by coaching - indicating longer term issues with play design, technique, timing etc. I do think play action on first down (with short passes that JD seems to be able to throw) will help us loosen defenses. Unlike the original poster, I'm not bummed we did not call downfield throws, I'm bummed that I do not think we can throw downfield.
  4. rburnett

rburnett Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +99
    My take. Don't throw the ball at all. Runrunrun wear them down.