Thought after all the news and game...

Discussion in 'Swamp Gas' started by gatorzguy28, Nov 30, 2013.

1. gatorzguy28

gatorzguy28 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +18
    Okay, this is where I fall on all of this....If you want to stick by Muschamp in this mess, then that's fine with me. There had better be a Whiz-bang of an OC and staff headed this way with tangible results by first game next season. I am also expecting that with said whizbanging staff, will come hot shot recruits that WILL get us aimed at 8 wins next season. If that does not happen, at this point, with football being your big money maker, I think this should be three strikes and out for Foley. He is hitching his 'hopes' and his 'thinking' to Muschamp and I think he himself should either sink or swim with Will next season. I was a huge fan of his hire the night they announced that Will Muschamp was our coach. I was one of the few who like this move and now I am soured on it. I think he's capable of throwing a killer D on the field but some guys are great O/D Coords and not great head coaches. Perhaps he is one too. I have a problem with using terms like hoping/thinking this turns around. Otherwise I am hoping/thinking that it's time for another change up top. Just my two cents. I still love the gators and want nothing but the best; however with that said, I do expect palpable measurable change; if an offense in the top 75 doesn't happen next year I am on record for cleaning house from AD down. Go Gators!
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. WestCoastGator

WestCoastGator Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +18
    Top 75 offense would be good enough? Not for me. The rules and game have changed. Need to be able to score 30+ on average to win titles these days.
  3. TJtheGator

TJtheGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +217
    Muschamp needs to leave town and Foley with him. The future of Gator football cannot be entrusted to them.
  4. dadx4

dadx4 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +931
    We need to bring in a staff that knows what they are doing and will win national titles.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. gator34654

gator34654 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +784
    What does foley have to fear it's not his money he's losing. At best he's trying hard to save his rep for hiring the zooker and mr. I'll get it fixed man.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. InagaddavidaGator

InagaddavidaGator Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +42
    I definitely won't miss reading this crap: frustrated fans talking like they have the power to hire and/or fire anyone. You don't. You will take what is served up and like it...or not, but please quit acting like you have any power here. It is getting very tired.
    • Boring Boring x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. wingtee

wingtee Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +426
    Agree, thought the same from this pompous statement he left
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. gatorzguy28

gatorzguy28 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +18
    I don't have that power or trust me I would use it if I were Machen. But where I and my fellow fed ups can hurt is the purse; I don't have to buy tickets, support tourism, and spend my money to pay to see it. I have plenty of Gator gear;don't have to buy more. Season ticket holders, boosters, donors that feel the same way tug the purse strings. Those cats are the ones that help pay that salary--they aren't happy and the well runs a bit drier. The money always has the power. Ask any politician. I am shocked that there is such a large group of gator posters that are seemingly happy with this. I'd love to know why. This is perhaps the most frustrated I have ever been in a season. And after the last three, there nothing to date, to suggest that it is going to get better anytime soon. That is a coaching problem. I am not sure why this is the route we're going.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. g8t0rb8t

g8t0rb8t Member

Ratings Received:
    +10
    You're right, but you're discounting the cathartic experience we get from pretending that there's a light at the end of the tunnel and Muschamp will be fired (not that that's a cure all). Oh yeah, and everyone has opinions and all that.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. RealGatorFan

RealGatorFan Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +472
    When Foley sees this massive loss in revenue next year due to t he SEC TV contract keeping us out of many of the games we used to have, he'll get the picture. SEC TV will play the best matchups and we aren't the best anymore.
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  11. gatorinmi

gatorinmi Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +111
    ??? I'm sure the contract is to split all revenues equally. I'm sure it'll be like the B1G Network or whatever it's called. CBS and ESPN will take the best games and whatever is left ends up on SEC TV. We'll probably have a lot of games on there next year. lol
  12. DieAGator

DieAGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +918
    The net revenue loss over the bad hire will end up making facility improvements even more remote.
  13. Crusher

Crusher Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +153
    You obviously don't understand the SEC Network very well....they get last pick, kind of like the J-P game of the week, the crap games, think Ole Miss vs. Vandy at Noon ET. Sadly, we will be seeing the mighty Gators on there a lot next year.
  14. MtownGator

MtownGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +246
    I was happy to see that we didn't lay down let FSU kill us like they have been doing to other teams.
    If we had some glimpse of an O we might have limited their scoring drives and maybe even made it a close game.
    Things have to change in our teams best interest, but all in all today I was proud of our guys for playing hard.
  15. The_Graygator

The_Graygator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,287

I said the magic number against fsu today would have to be 30 points to have a chance at winning that game, and 30 might have probably won it for us because that meant 1) we would have been within a single score compared to their 37, or 2) we would have had dominated TOP a lot better and kept fsu's offense off the field more and not scoring as much and 30 probably would have won it for us.

We managed 7. After watching the first quarter, I'm surprised we even scored.

That said, watch Muschamp make some off-the-wall hire for OC who will be yet another "yes man" like Pease who will run the same, plodding, self-defeating offensive scheme we run now. No way will he upgrade to what a lot of teams are doing now and using spread styles. It'll be the same with OL coach and most likely, he'll keep the completely hapless DJ Durkin at DC and the disaster Choate in charge of special teams.

He's not going to make a bunch of changes IMO. He's going to stick to being pure Muschamp and refuse to truly adapt.
  16. g8t0rb8t

g8t0rb8t Member

Ratings Received:
    +10
    /sigh... Gray, haven't you figured out you are the Cassandra on these boards?

Edit: TV tropes warning!
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Boring Boring x 1
  17. Crusher

Crusher Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +153
    You don't consider losing to your most hated rival by 30 at home on Senior day, Killed?! WTF, I would really hate to sit through a game you consider the Gators getting killed...:mad:
    • Like Like x 2
  18. gatorgrl

gatorgrl Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +192
    Honestly, I thought the score would be much worse...Moral victory! ! blurgh.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. ajjaxgator

ajjaxgator Member

Ratings Received:
    +90
    Cassandra was right.
  20. klgator

klgator Member

Ratings Received:
    +51
    We already saw that Saturday. A noon time slot for Florida/FSU? Unheard of, and one of those teams was #2 in the nation.