This would be a big upset and nice to see!

Discussion in 'Swamp Gas' started by intimigator1, Sep 22, 2013.

1. intimigator1

intimigator1 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +70
    This coming Saturday matches South Alabama vs Tennessee and looking at it one would simply right it off as a UT win. My hunch is that it is going to be much closer than anyone might suggest. South Alabama is a team made up of players that aren't afraid to play anyone but more importantly believe they can win any game, including at Tennessee. I'm not suggesting they are going to actually pull off the victory but it would be a major headline sports story if they did.

USA is in it's first year of major competition and offensively they have all the tools to get it done, defensively not as much which is why I think that it will be somewhat close with points put on the board. Like I said, wouldn't it be interesting if Tennessee were put in the situation of having to explain a loss like this. For USA it is an opportunity to attain major national recognition for the school and for the players, that are mostly homegrown from the football schools that produced the likes of Emmit Smith and Derrick Brooks etc. Am not going to go on the ledge and say they will do the upset but if I were Tennessee then it might be worth paying some attention to this game and not take it lightly.
  2. danky1313

danky1313 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +39
    Any other year I'd agree. But not when we need out win to look good and have gained confidence from.
  3. GatorLaw

GatorLaw Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +165
    UT is really really bad. Their receivers couldn't catch anything. Not that they had much practice since their QBs seldom threw catchable passes. I think many FCS teams could give them a game.