This offense isn't vanilla-it's lactose intolerant!

Discussion in 'Swamp Gas' started by UFGator05, Sep 7, 2013.

1. INGATORSWETRUST

INGATORSWETRUST Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +375
    Check to see how many times we ran on first down and tell me about the play calling. Look at the poorly called QB sneak wiht 1.5 yards on 4th down. Look at that middle screen play after the time out. Watch the inexplicable reverses when we are driving down the field. Look how long it takes for our QB to hand off the ball to our RBs on some of these plays. No deception involved. Look at the way our QB hands off the ball to a RB giving everyone on the defense advance notice of a pass or a run and then look at the way a Brady or Manning do it. Little things that are not being coached correctly. Our WRs are never open, as we run routes that don't clear areas and instead bring other defenders into that same area.
  2. BengermanV

BengermanV Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +642
    I'm a huge Phillies fan. The Phillies, generally, have been pretty dominant the last ten years or so. So this year, and even last, when I heard the front office laugh at people who criticized their methods, it kind of bugged me. Of course, they laughed and called people silly. Their methods had worked for so long, why wouldn't they work again?

It's sort of the same thing here. There's an obvious issue, and yet, people are blinded by the big blue W next to all of those games last season. Just like baseball, the W next to the game should NEVER be used to judge what kind of changes or lack of that you should make. It blinds people, and I think that's the case with Pease a little bit. Just because it "worked" last year -- where you could easily make the argument that we could have gone 8-5 instead of 11-2 -- doesn't mean you don't make adjustments.

If I've learned anything over my long years of education, it's that the peanut gallery is almost always more aware of changes that need to be made than the higher ups are.
  3. g8trjax

g8trjax Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +290
    Come on, we didn't want to give the vols any good film to watch.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. 95Gator

95Gator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,512
    Just wanted to say that the joke in the title of this thread is just awful.