This is the culprit of our scheduling problem!!!!

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by MyakkaGator, Aug 26, 2013.

1. phideltdj

phideltdj Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +801
    South Carolina has Spurs no love lost there, SEC knows TN and Arky are not anywhere close to that level of football at this time. Georgia's last National title was 1980 and is one of the SEC's landmark teams that has not been able to reach the pinnacle. There are plenty of influences in the SEC home office and UGA still has alot of clout in the conference. It is good for business to have UGA break through...maybe you should ask the question why has Georgia been getting the advantage in scheduling the last several years...is it just an oversight by the scheduling committee...did they not realize that Georgia and Bama haven't played since 2008. Wouldn't it have made sense for them to play each other this year after that exciting SEC championship game last year...after all it would have been one of the biggest games of the regular season. I guess the SEC just pulled random names out of a hat to make the schedule up and doesn't take in consideration any of these possibilities...you do realize people cheat in sports. My kids flag football league for the city has board members that coach and somehow they end up with the best players and schedules for the playoffs...if it happens at such a low level you are going to tell me that big time college sports doesn't have influences.
  2. orangeblueorangeblue

orangeblueorangeblue Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,878
    So the SEC is actively working against Florida and also Spurrier?

Is this a new decision to lift Georgia up? Why now? Why not 2002, 2003, 2004 ...?
  3. ofmgator

ofmgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +243
    Who cares who we play...the tougher the sachedule the tougher we become. I have faith in our coaches and players and know they'll man up to adversity.
    Sure we may lose an extra game or two but if we play hard against the toughest schedule in the country no one will be able to say we skated to the championship.
  4. SmootyGator

SmootyGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +885
    I for one, look forward to beating the crap out of LSU and Bama next year.

Actually, now that you think about it, it's a conspiracy FOR Florida! They knew that we were going to have our best shot at a National Title next year, so they gave us Bama on a down year to boost our rankings!!! :D
  5. RaptureVeteran

RaptureVeteran New Member

Ratings Received:
    +1
    Floridas schedule doesnt bother me as much as Georgia having a silly simple conference schedule two years in a row flat out pisses me off
  6. RaptureVeteran

RaptureVeteran New Member

Ratings Received:
    +1
    Also, the SEC really screwed up with the schedule making when Missouri and A&M were added, UGA is playing AT Auburn for the 2nd year in a row. Alabama was supposed to be on Georgias schedule this year and LSU next if im not mistaken, so there is no conspiracy, they just flat out dont seem to know how to handle the addition of missouri and a&m
  7. mac4lyfe

mac4lyfe Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +844
    So why don't we play the Green Bay Packers...?

Strength of schedule makes a huge difference. Last year, Bama and UGA were supposed to play each other but in yet another rigged "bridge" year, they both avoided each other. Had they played last year, one of them would not have made the SECCG. Think about that? Schedule means everything, especially in the SEC. Look at the year Bama had to play teams coming off of byes. They were a disaster. The league immediately changed the rules.

We all know that it is almost impossible to navigate week after week, top tiered teams. Try playing Bama, LSU, UGA, TAM week after week. Look at Bama last year. They were coming off an emotional win over LSU, what happens the next week? They lose to TAM. The league office has been favoring Bama and UGA in this bridge years.

Go back and see how many home games Bama had against West teams. They were supposed to play TAM at TAM but because they had to play LSU/TAM back to back, they bitched and moaned and the Bama grad schedulers in BHam changed the game to a Bama home game. Bama was the only team that had 4 home games in their own division but nothing to see here???

8. rounds

rounds New Member

Ratings Received:
    +19

Errrr, aaahh, who IS this Dooley of which you speak?;)
    .;)
  9. NWFLTider

NWFLTider Member

Ratings Received:
    +9
    Part of me almost wants all of these conspiracy theories to be true....I mean, for Alabama to control all scheduling, officiating, the NCAA, and basically everything involving college football without one email, video recording, or one single whistleblower to support such claims is absolutely awesome....and it gives further credence to just how good Coach Saban (and the Alabama machine) is......
  10. rounds

rounds New Member

Ratings Received:
    +19
    Bear taught the Birmingham Mafia well....
  11. phideltdj

phideltdj Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +801
    Ugh...no they are not actively working against Florida they are just giving a scheduling advantage to Georgia on purpose...so they are being unfair to every other team in the SEC especially the East division. Why not the other years because of the opportunity that presented itself to allow for them to create the schedules from a year to year basis with Mizzou and A&M joining. They have already had Bama, LSU, Auburn, and Florida win titles and it would be good for the conference for Georgia to win one. The only explanation that is reasonable for the Georgia schedule is the SEC scheduling committee is intentionally giving them an advantage because they have come up with no other viable reason why themselves.
  12. rounds

rounds New Member

Ratings Received:
    +19
    There are scenarios where this could increase the SEC chances of having 2 teams in the playoffs.
  13. orangeblueorangeblue

Ratings Received:
    +2,878
    Uh ... ok.
  14. HotlantaGator

HotlantaGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +817
    I think its ESPN and CBS, UF draws a more national TV audience than most other SEC teams, and Florida has much bigger TV markets than Alabama, Louisiana, Tenn, etc...so the networks want UF to kick off the SEC TV season last year and TAMU's SEC debut, FLorida and TExas are the 3rd and 4th most populous states in the Union.

TAMU will alos start drawing the short end of the scheduling stick b/c ESPN and EC will want to maximize entry into the big Texas TV markets.

Read yesterday's New York Times article on the power of ESPN in scheduling games, Its no coincidence that the new SEC/ESPN SEC Network first game next year is UF-Bama.
  15. gtr2x

gtr2x Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +834
    A little off subject, but this reminds me of the old scheduling arguments when UF had the SEC schedule, FSU, Miami and an occasional USC tossed in every year. Some folks liked having the tough schedule week in week out, never won a NC tho. Guess who won em.

I like to see great matchups, but until there is a full fledged playoff system, scheduling still is a major factor if you want to win a NC. Yea, you can overcome it, but it's tough especially in a year like this one with the OSUs, Bama, Louisville, etc.
  16. socraticsilence

socraticsilence New Member

Ratings Received:
    +5
    Honestly, us and LSU being permanents screws both of us but that was decided long in the past. What worries me now is the officiating thing- I'm sorry but its BS that 4 HCs with wildly different offensive and defensive philosophies always have Florida in the bottom tier of the SEC in terms of penalties over nearly a quarter century, contrast that with Saban- where magically his LSU teams were always average to highly penalized then he goes to Bama and magically coaches one of the least penalized teams not just in the conference but in the US- I swear if you flipped jerseys Bama would lead the conference in holding penalties and we'd jump 40 spots in the offensive rankings because every deep ball wouldn't have come back last season.
  17. orangeblueorangeblue

Ratings Received:
    +2,878
    Did it screw us when LSU was a perennial 3-4 win team for much of the 90s?
  18. socraticsilence

socraticsilence New Member

Ratings Received:
    +5
    Put it this way scheduling literally decided the conference last season--

In the West: LSU, Bama and TAMU went 1-1 against each other- the team that went to the title game? The one that ducked Florida.

In the East: USCe, Georgia, and UF went 1-1 against each other-- the team that went to the title game? The one that missed LSU.
  19. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +8,384
    I agree. There is so much bias on holding calls alone, that it's enough to swing games.
  20. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +8,384
    Bingo.