They had 4 years to prepare

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by g8orbill, Oct 2, 2013.

1. corpgator

corpgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +792
    Please tell me what freebies illegal aliens get. I'd love to know. My wife is a egal alien and can't get any freebies. Sure, an illegal can go with an emergency and get treated, but most don't or they go to free clinics set up to help them. There are no freebies that aliens qualify for.
  2. oldgator

oldgator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +139
    as a RN, I can tell you that illegals get a lot of 'freebies' in the U.S. medical system. I'm a liberal so saying the above may startle some. Thing is, many illegals use(aka abuses the system) the emergency rooms, etc throughout the country for things that can be done routinely with most D's, etc but the illegals either lack the money, or simply want to save money, and/or avoid being caught as illegals.
    the cost to America's taxpayers is very extreme from this abuse of ER's by illegal aliens
    1. life and limb of patients who do really need emergency care is delayed by illegals and others abusing the ER system to get non-emergency care.
    2. The cost to taxpayers for illegals abusing ER system is magnified because of the increased charges for many ER treatments, tests, etc as compared to getting same service at a doctors office or other non-emergency treatment source
  3. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +5,082
    They are completely exempt from having top get/pay for Obama-scam. Look it up...
  4. corpgator

corpgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +792
    Uh, because they don't have health insurance and can't get it? It would kind of suck having to pay for something you can't have.
  5. fredsanford

fredsanford VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,600
    Would you really want illegals getting subsidized health insurance?
  6. LittleBlueLW

LittleBlueLW Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,806
    So you just admitted ACA is what we had before, only now its obvious to a huge voting block that big daddy govt has their backs and therefore their vote. Bravo indeed.

Your insults are appreciated though. My radio dial is broken on alt nation and tv on espn so i dont know wtf you are yammering about there.
  7. g8orbill

g8orbill Gators VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +10,453
    I want us to enforce our immigration laws and send illegals packing- if any company had invested 25 billion into a web page for their company and it had this many glitches on the first day the people who were responsible for setting it up would be canned-there is absolutely zero excuse for the issues
  8. GatorBen

GatorBen Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,222
    No, the employer mandate (when it goes into effect) requires the employer to offer compliant health coverage or pay the applicable fines.

Pushing employees on to the public exchanges doesn't satisfy the employer mandate, and employers are not legally allowed to reimburse on a pre-tax basis premiums for coverage purchased by employees on a public exchange.

The employer can set up a private exchange (essentially a variety of options from different providers offered on an exchange crafted specifically for their employees) if they structure it correctly, but assuming you mean the normal statewide public exchanges the answer is no, that would not satisfy the employer mandate.