They had 4 years to prepare

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by g8orbill, Oct 2, 2013.

1. g8orbill

g8orbill Gators VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +11,465
    and learn just exactly what is in this bill you libs love so effin much, and our leaders have failed us-this is the best they could do? It is a sad state of affairs.
  2. oldgator

oldgator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +139
    yes , 4 years to prepare. That also includes for years for GOP governors and other GOP pols to do anything in their power to scuttle the effectiveness of the bill. Instead of working with Dems to make a bill that passed work

ie--Gov Scott changing stance as far as whether or not the exchange in Fla should be managed by the state or left to the Fed Govt to manage. His flip flopping was an attempt to scuttle and delay an already passed bill.

Funny how GOP tries to scuttle ACA and you are complaining about issues despite 4 years for states, etc to prepare.

Ever think that ACA just might work if GOP and Dems worked together to make it work?

GOP, the folks that don't work with others well, play with others well. Stated as a promise to not work with Obama from prior to his being sworn in for his first term.

Time for GOP to grow up and stop being infantile and throwing tantrums
  3. g8orbill

Ratings Received:
    +11,465
    all of that was provided for in the bill in case the states refused to set up the exchanges-they had 4 years-these idiots have no clue what the hell they are doing-prior planning prevents poor performance-it is obvious they had no real plan-you can try and blame the pubs but in the end even you know where the blame lies
  4. northgagator

northgagator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +132
    Old, name one thing that Obama has offered to the anti ACA group that would encourage them to even consider this helping?

Team Obama did not even want to discuss the details of the bill when it was on the floor of itch houses.

Team Obama cut deals with special interest groups to get their support. What deals did he offer to his opponents?

Team Obama after the bill was passed went away into seclusion to wrote up tens of thousands of procedures and regulations. Many of those items were actually amendments that our elective representatives.

By the way I just got word that my company is considering in dropping health benefits. A choice they do not want to make. Yesterday I was was able to get on the Georgia web site for this FUBAR of a program. I used the Kaiser calculator to see what the least expensive coverage for a family of five and an income of $120K per year.
    I wished I had not of done it. The least expensive plan was almost $17K a year. My current plan is $8,500 a year.

What this ACA is doing is to cut one of the last bonds between the private sector employers and the employees. The ACA is nothing but a power play by the gov't to crush the private sector.

By the way, do you know where I can pick up an extra $8K to buy my health care. Actually I will need more than that. The tax increased and the new deductibles are going to zap me too.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. oldgator

oldgator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +139
    the law was passed. If the GOP were truly putting people ahead of politics the party would have done the following
    --continue to make efforts to have the law abolished if that is the party stance--This GOP has done, despite the bill receiving some GOP votes(otherwise it would not have passed)--both on the hill and in the media
    --despite opposition to the law, if a party is truly patriotic and putting nation and people ahead of politics---the party while at the same time advocating for abolishment of a law.....would be doing its best to make the law work as the law was written. And this the GOP has failed to do.
    --offered better alternative to the law---in regards to all the people and the nation as a whole. GOP has failed in this as well.

OP's very use of 'they' in the thread title indicates an attitude of opposition/adversary and low willingness to work with the 'they'. Yet theOP seems to want to put the blame for not working together on the 'they' rather than his party looking in the mirror to see the real obstructionists.
  6. gatordowneast

gatordowneast Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +984
    old seems to forget that ACA was passed with zero pub votes. Essentially it was crammed down our throat by Pelosi (speaker), Reid and Obama.

So now the public has decided they are not totally on board with all parts of ACA and their congressional representatives are making their wishes known and are accused of extortion, are labeled Anarchists, Terrorists etc.

It seems to me, that as a nation, we have changed many laws on the books. We've amended many more. The "will of the people" should account for something.
  7. g8orbill

Ratings Received:
    +11,465
    are you kidding me- it is as American as homemade apple pie to dissent on things you disagree with
  8. fredsanford

fredsanford VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,693
    They are opposed to it on principle. They want all government services right down to prisons privatized. We have been on that trajectory since 1980.

ACA reverses that trajectory. If it works well, it proves that government can be useful.

They fear that it might work, not that it will fail.
  9. gator421

gator421 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +224
    Specifically, what are they doing?
  10. FlyingGatorII

FlyingGatorII Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +739
    The law that was passed barely resembles what was instituted yesterday after Obama illegally changed it on several fronts. If he can make unilateral changes then the opposition ought to be able to demand changes as well..From WSJ OpEd

""In any case, the carve-out for Congress creates a two-tier exchange system, one for the great unwashed and another for the politically connected," the editorial says.

"This latest White House night at the improv is also illegal. [The Office of Personnel Management] has no authority to pay for insurance plans that lack [government] contracts, nor does the Affordable Care Act permit either exchange contributions or a unilateral bump in congressional pay in return for less overall compensation."

Congress would have to pass appropriations bills to do that, the editorial says.

"But the White House rejected a legislative fix because Republicans might insist on other changes, and Mr. Obama feared that Democrats would go along because they're looking out for number one."
  11. asuragator

asuragator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +6,085
    The rightwing meltdown on these boards is fun to watch.
  12. g8orbill

Ratings Received:
    +11,465
    Frustration- sure

Meltdown- horse mierda
  13. northgagator

northgagator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +132
    WRONG

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affordable_Health_Care_for_America_Act

WRONG

The ACA was written up by team Obama. The Repubs were kept out of the process.
    Also, the Dems attempted to keep the bill being read on the US House of Reps floor.

In the 2009 elections one of the Repub's proposed a plan. I believe it was Ryan.

I do agree with you 50% where we differ is that I also believe the Dem party is at fault too.
  14. wgbgator

wgbgator Sub-optimal Poster Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,177

THis reminds me of the football boards.

Meltdowns are what happens after losses on FSU & UGA boards. We just express "frustration" with our losses and the offense. Its a fine line, I suppose. :grin:
  15. HallGator

HallGator Administrator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,606

While I have never been a proponent of this plan something you wrote here catches my attention. Even if premiums are rising for your company why would they simply stop subsidizing employees insurance? Why not continue to fund their part at the same rate they have in the past? Wouldn't that help you overcome the extra $8500?

Perhaps, just perhaps, companies are using this as an excuse to drop health benefits entirely.
  16. gator421

gator421 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +224
    Come on man. You know that couldn't possibly be true.
  17. asuragator

asuragator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +6,085
    Maybe for you, bill, but the reaction from the right has been meltdown.
  18. PSGator66

PSGator66 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +924
    I am still looking forward to those who voted for Obama to get hit with the penalties from this law.
  19. GatorBen

GatorBen Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,463
    We're being inconsistent here, I thought all Obama voters were moochers on government assistance.

Medicaid qualifies as credible coverage under the mandate, so no penalties for all those takers!

:wink:
  20. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +5,913
    Why should the states help the Federal Government takeover private sector business/service and give it to the Government, like a socialized country would?

It's totally against the Constitution... even though Justice Roberts tried his best to disregard the argument against totalitarianism and failed in his duty to protect the American citizens against such an overreaching power by the Executive Branch.