They better listen to the fans...

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by ArtVandelay, Sep 16, 2013.

1. ArtVandelay

ArtVandelay Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +415
  2. rtgator

rtgator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +618
    I wonder if Morgan & Morgan will re-run their add encouraging the Jags to sign Tebow.
  3. gatorchamps0607

gatorchamps0607 Always Rasta Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,979
    Looks like they already stopped

[​IMG]
  4. LincolnGator

LincolnGator New Member

Ratings Received:
    +26
    What a crazy story is transpiring up there. Considering that the "Sign Tebow" rally is scheduled to start at 3:16pm and to last for three hours and 16 minutes, I'm assuming some church groups are behind it. Nothing wrong with that.

There are some groups in Jacksonville who are vocal about NOT signing Tebow, too. Hopefully they won't stage a counter-protest and confront the Tebowleivers. Things could get ugly. Which is sort of funny, let's be honest. For such a boring, undistinguished organization they sure have some passionate fans.
  5. WESGATORS

WESGATORS Moderator

Ratings Received:
    +1,016
    Ha, that doesn't count. I had to click on it to see that I didn't approve of Tebow going there. I guess that's for the best, though. The sooner the Jaguars move, the sooner they won't interfere with better games that could be on tv. But if Tebow does go there, I will hope they do well for his sake.

Go GATORS!
    ,WESGATORS
  6. jaxgator1991

jaxgator1991 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +562
    well wes hate to tell you but the jags are not going anywhere. sorry it gets in the way of you enjoying other games(get sunday ticket). shad is dumping money into the jaguars, and putting in the biggest jumbo-tron in the country into everbank field. its against logic to think that after he dumps all this money into the jags and the stadium that he will say "hey, lets go to LA, that makes sense"
  7. Gator40

Gator40 Avada Kedavra

Ratings Received:
    +158
    That big jumbotron will come in handy for the UF/UGA game. There will actually be fans in the stands to watch it.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. xenythx

xenythx Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +947
    This stuff is the reason Tebow can't even find a job holding a clipboard in the NFL.
  9. HungaryGator

HungaryGator New Member

Ratings Received:
    +77
    Everybody realizes that the Jags had better attendance than the Dolphins or Bucs last year right?

Right???

Given how utterly hopeless the Jags are on Offense due to leaving incompetent morons in charge for years and years despite their continued losing and the utter hopelesssness of the franchise as a result, it is going to take at least a few good drafts to dig out from under the rubble. Might as well sign Tebow. Everybody knows Blaine Gabbert is a huge bust and can't do anything....whether the franchise is prepared to admit that yet or not.
  10. Colin

Colin Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,304
    This is one case where I gotta agree -- sign Tim and run with it, literally.
  11. hogtowngator

hogtowngator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +501
    Total people attending or % of seats filled?
  12. hogtowngator

hogtowngator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +501
    The reason I ask that question is the listing I saw had the Bucs averaging 58,563 per game, the Jags averaging 66,350 per game and the Dolphins averaging 67,315 per game.

If you look at it on a % of seats filled basis it was the Bucs at 84.8% filled per game, the Dolphins at 92.7% per game, and the Jags at 94.5% per game. Of course, Jacksonville tarps off a good portion of their upper deck so that measurement is hugely skewed.

Unless the report I read was wrong, the Fins outdrew both of them when it comes to butts in the seats.
  13. your_perfect_enemy

your_perfect_enemy Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,315
    That's what I was thinking, when you tarp off the entire top level, it's much easier to hit a higher %.

I don't get the stupid secondary market thing. As a passive NFL fan, I'm not driving from Gainesville to go to a jags game so why handcuff me by trying to get me to watch it on TV, when it's a miserable game I just don't care about? Not only were they not getting my ticket revenue, now they're not getting my TV view because they wouldn't show the Manning Bowl that I might have actually watched. The NFL is obviously doing well, so I guess what the hell do I know?
  14. phillyblount

phillyblount Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +232
    ^^^^
    That

I hate to say it but Teebs is not an NFL QB. Add to it the religious circus that seems to follow him, and it's no wonder most teams want nothing to do with him.

I don't have a problem with religion, I just wish people would keep it to themselves.
  15. tilly

tilly Superhero Moderator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +5,130
    ...And Steelers and Bears and Chargers and Vikings and several others with much more pedigree. The lack of fan interest in Jacksonville is a myth. I'm a Dolphins fan, but a Jax native with family season ticket holders since day one.

By the way, that picture up there ^^^, was late in a blowout. That is not what the crowd looks like at a Jags game.
  16. swampspring

swampspring Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +535
    I'd like to see Tebow get a shot with the Jags. He blew it the first time by not going to them instead of the Jets, based on what I've read. They are a terrible team. They will be terrible with him as well. But at the very least, he gets a chance to prove himself in the NFL, and if it doesn't work out, he had one more year as an NFL starter. Either way, hopefully the Jags get Bridgewater.
  17. gator34654

gator34654 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,181
    The powers at hand will not give in to this, ego alone will dash any possibility. The jags are a crappy team, they have crappy management and coaches and the result is a garbage team. The only hope of getting the stadium full is to give tickets away.

The only bright spot for this putrid team is they will have the first pick next year. But they will probably blow it and trade for Sanchez.
  18. tilly

Ratings Received:
    +5,130
    Remember Jacksonville has a big stadium. Even with the tarps, they still have a larger capacity than some.

Here is a real photo of what a Jags crowd actually looks like...not the misleading one taken in garbage time above:

[​IMG]
  19. channingcrowderhungry

channingcrowderhungry Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +961
    I love when people use that photo. It's from the last 45 seconds of a preseason game like 5 years ago.
  20. tilly

Ratings Received:
    +5,130
    Its silly. People are just lazy. T

hey were ahead of some great franchises in attendance, and they are terrible on the field. Imagine if they were good.