The Untold Story of Robert Mueller's Time in Combat

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by fastsix, May 15, 2018.

1. G. Gordon Gator

G. Gordon Gator GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +9,390
    Yes, except in his case it would be fair to note that the Japanese did attack us first. Did the North Vietnamese or the Viet Cong attack us?
  2. BigCypressGator1981

BigCypressGator1981 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,036
    There seemed to be agreement across the aisle that he was an excellent choice to lead the special counsel. At least at first.
  3. fastsix

fastsix Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +14,299
    People like you attack Mueller's integrity for no good reason other than you don't like that he's investigating trump, so when presented with an article such as this, it triggers you. The truth of who he is makes you look bad for attacking him based on nothing more than your political bias. You can't refute the truth we know about his past by pointing to his current actions, because Mueller hasn't said a thing about the investigation. This leaves you with what we see in this post - attacking the messenger, be it me or Wired.

Maybe Mueller really is a secret Democrat out to get trump and people like you, but you have no proof of that and everything about him says that's not the case. If he has any animosity towards trump, and he's said or done nothing to suggest he does, it's not because trump is a Republican or a conservative. Everything suggests (and even you admit) Mueller is a Republican and a conservative himself. Maybe rather than try to discredit him with lies, you could just let the man do his job and see what he's found when he finally decides to talk about the investigation?
    Last edited: May 16, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. G. Gordon Gator

Ratings Received:
    +9,390
    Awwww. You and Robert Mueller, poor, poor victims of being "attacked." :(

Well, if Mueller didn't want to be so brutally and viciously attacked, :rolleyes: he shouldn't have gone out of his way to hire an all-star lineup of Hillary supporters and/or Never Trumpers to conduct an investigation into Donald Trump, someone they personally resent (due to his overbearing confidence triggering their insecurities -- same reason most TDS sufferers resent Trump).

Mueller also shouldn't have embarrassed himself with his ridiculous, pointless indictment of those Russian companies, which he only did for show. That became clear when one of them, Concord Management, hired some lawyers who had the audacity to show up in Court on their client's behalf. Ruh-roh, Shaggy!

Mueller, caught with his pants down by that unexpected development, had to file a motion to postpone Concord's arraignment because he was inexcusably unprepared to proceed. (Concord's lawyer mockingly called Mueller's motion, "pettifoggery." Ha!) Motion: DENIED. Now Mueller has to either hand over crucial evidence in discovery, or drop the charges against Concord. You'd think ol' Rambo would've learned to watch out for boobie traps over there in 'Nam.
  5. fastsix

fastsix Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +14,299
    You're the one getting all emotional about his.
  6. G. Gordon Gator

Ratings Received:
    +9,390
    Well sure I am, I feel bad when I see a Gator like you who is hurting because he's been "attacked." That's...sad! :(
  7. G. Gordon Gator

Ratings Received:
    +9,390
    Oh, I see you added more to your post.

Are you pretending that Trump supporters think Mueller is, "a secret Democrat"? Because, no. Nobody thinks that.

Mueller is no Democrat. He represents the opposite extreme of TDS sufferers; the stodgy, humorless, overly-morally-upright, self-righteous, establishmentarian wing of the GOP. You know -- the holier-than-thou, preachy type of conservatives that liberals like you normally dislike the most. Except when they're investigating Trump, that is.
  8. fastsix

fastsix Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +14,299
    Well, just don't go and do something foolish on a motorcycle. Okay?
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. G. Gordon Gator

Ratings Received:
    +9,390
    No worries, I reluctantly quit riding my motorcycle after I was in that horrific accident and became a quadriplegic. :emoji_head_bandage:

KIDDING! :emoji_grin:All five of my limbs are fully functional. No problems there, folks, I guarantee you. :emoji_kissing_heart:
  10. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +6,540
    Mueller is a Republican in the tradition of George H.W. Bush, possibly the most under-rated president of the second half of the 20th Century. Unlike Trump Mueller has a firm belief in ethics, self-sacrifice and a commitment to public service and even though he is a life-long Republican, a number of Trump supporters who buy into whatever the Dear Leader says, genuinely believe that Mueller is a secret Democrat embarked on a witch hunt.
    Last edited: May 17, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. Bushmaster

Bushmaster GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +5,030
    What is the point of this thread?

Mueller's time in Vietnam is completely irrelevant to his duties as a prosecutor.

My question to the resident liberals. What will do when Mueller comes back and says "after "X" years of investigating this, we have no evidence the Trump campaign colluded with any Russians during the campaign"?

Shift fire and start throwing crap at a different wall?
  12. G. Gordon Gator

Ratings Received:
    +9,390
    Uhhh, no, Trump supporters don't think Mueller is a secret Democrat. They, I mean we, think he's a Never Trumper Republican. Which by all accounts he appears to be.

Like you said, he's a Bush type of Republican. The shitty kind of Republican, in other words. The ones who talk a big game and act all upright and self-righteous, but when it comes down to it, don't really have a dime's worth of difference between them and Democrats. All part of the same big establishment, like Coke and Pepsi pretending to be competitors while they squeeze out poor RC Cola. Flip sides of the same crooked coin, colluding against the American people.

I guess if you look at it that way, Mueller is sort of a "secret Democrat," in that he's the type of establishment Republican who's barely distinguishable from a Democrat anyway. So OF COURSE you're a big fan of Republicans like that. Makes sense.
  13. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +6,540
    Although I think it's likely that Trump will be named an unindicted co-conspirator in the end, if Mueller does completely exonerate Trump, my reaction would be to thank Mueller and his team for a thorough investigation. It's also very possible that even if Mueller finds no collusion between the Donald himself and the Russians he could find collusion (technically conspiracy) involving persons involved in his campaign and maybe even members of the Dear Leader's family. It's also not beyond the realm of possibility that Mueller may find wrongful acts by Trump other than direct collusion. Can you say "obstruction of justice" or "money laundering"? Based on Trump's obsession with ending the investigation I suspect that where there is smoke there may very well be fire.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +16,625
    whatever he finds is whatever he finds. I'm good with it.
    • Agree Agree x 3
  15. Gator515151

Gator515151 GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +4,674
    Can you say "We don't have a crime but give us an investigation and we will find one"?
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +6,540
    And if there isn't one, none will be found. Maybe the Donald is as pure as the driven snow but he certainly isn't behaving like an innocent man.
  17. Gator515151

Gator515151 GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +4,674
    Given the case that there was no collusion in the first place can you seriously blame Trump for wanting the investigation to end? Can you say "Witch hunt"?
  18. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +6,540
    Another president also said "Witch hunt" and if the Mueller investigation turns out to be a useless witch hunt Trump will exonerated. On the other hand maybe Mueller's team will have evidence on the witch who is the head of the coven.
    [​IMG]
  19. BigCypressGator1981

BigCypressGator1981 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,036
    Am I missing some context here? Are you really a quadriplegic? Or are you really kidding about it?
  20. G. Gordon Gator

Ratings Received:
    +9,390