The Untold Story of Robert Mueller's Time in Combat

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by fastsix, May 15, 2018.

1. dynogator

dynogator GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +3,914
    I wish Mueller were president instead of Trump. He's what an honorable man looks like, which Trump's most dogged admirers can't claim.
    • Winner Winner x 5
  2. ursidman

ursidman GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +4,977
    Ha. Teddy started the National Forest Service, created 5 National Parks, established 18 National Monuments, He also established the first 51 bird reserves, four game preserves, and 150 national forests, including Shoshone National Forest, the nation's first. The area of the United States that he placed under public protection totals approximately 230,000,000 acres. He railed against the abuses of industry and preserved more land than all of his predecessors combined. (Doesn't sound like a GOP'er to me) He was a progressive and would not be welcomed in today's GOP. Trump has preserved no land and has in fact removed large expanses from federal protection so that it can be mined and drilled (Bears ears). Under Trump regulations that prevent the poisoning of our water and air have been rolled back. Please don't sully the man's name by comparing Trump with him favorably.
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. G. Gordon Gator

G. Gordon Gator GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +9,390
    LMAO! That is some lineup of all-stars who repped @fastsix for claiming that I am, "attacking [Mueller] in the press." I wasn't aware that my posts were being picked up and published by the press, but all I can say is, it's about damn time!

P.S. Mueller sucks! :emoji_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(Somebody let me know when that comes out in the press so I can send an autographed copy to my Mom. Thanks!)
  4. BigCypressGator1981

BigCypressGator1981 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,036
    Could he be pointing it out for you anymore more clearly?
  5. G. Gordon Gator

Ratings Received:
    +9,390
    Wow, links and everything! I bet in your imagination, Modern Teddy would be a gun control proponent too, right? lol
  6. ursidman

ursidman GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +4,977
    No, of course not. What a silly thing to type.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. fastsix

fastsix Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +14,299
    You forgot to bold the part the preceded it.

"...you and those like you are doing. You're attacking him in the press and online."

If you're not sure how those too sentences work in conjunction with each other, read up on the "generic you" and maybe you'll understand what I was saying, but to save you some time you are the part of the "generic you" attacking him online, while the right wing press is the part of the "generic you" attacking him in the press.

8. G. Gordon Gator

Ratings Received:
    +9,390
    I didn't type it, I have somebody who does that for me. I'm way too busy doing important work.
    • Funny Funny x 2
  9. ursidman

ursidman GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +4,977
    Well, then you should fire them - the worms are now eating away at the portions of their brain responsible for thought and executive decision making.
    • Funny Funny x 2
  10. PITBOSS

PITBOSS GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +945
    I didn’t know that about him. Impressive. Good op, thx.
  11. G. Gordon Gator

Ratings Received:
    +9,390
    Oh, I see. Me, and those like me. Pro-American patriots, in other words. We're attacking Mueller. Grrrrrrrrrrr!! Attack!!

Ehhh he's probably not scared, he was supposedly a big war hero. Or so I've heard. From you and those like you in the press, who normally are not fans of macho, gung-ho, privileged, white, conservative Republicans who volunteered to go help slaughter far left wingers in foreign lands. But, he's investigating Trump, so suddenly now he's a hero. To you. And those like you. Funny how that works.
  12. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Guardian of the GC Galaxy Moderator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +25,168
    You mean Trump is the type of guy who would create a huge national park system and aggressively bust up dozens of monopolies with anti-trust laws?

Or "walk softly but carry a big stick".

Yeah. Sure.
  13. G. Gordon Gator

Ratings Received:
    +9,390
    Could be!

[​IMG]
    • Like Like x 1
  14. ursidman

ursidman GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +4,977
    He is a man of honor. Even in this post-truth time of Trump, alternative facts, and bald-faced lies that should mean something and once upon a time not so long ago it meant something to Republicans. Does personal integrity mean anything anymore to the cons?
    Republicans jump on special prosecutor bandwagon
    I see it as a positive thing, especially having Bob Mueller involved,” Senate Intelligence Chairman Richard Burr (R-N.C.) said. “It brings a lot of public credibility to whatever process they go through.”

Senator John Cornyn (R-TX):

Asked if he had seen anything that might warrant Trump firing Mueller, Senator Cornyn said “I’ve seen no reason for that.” Asked if he trusted Mueller to run the investigation, he said, “I do.” The Hill: GOP Leaders Are Unified: Firing Mueller A Bad Idea (6/13/17)

Representative Charlie Dent (R-PA):

Mueller is “a very distinguished man [with] impeccable credentials.” Buzzfeed: Congressional Republicans Stand Behind Russia Investigator Amid Rumor That Trump Plans To Fire Him (6/13/17)

Speaker of the House Paul Ryan (R-WI):

“I think the best thing to do is to let Robert Mueller do his job. I think the best vindication for the president is to let this investigation go on independent and thoroughly. …That to me is the smartest thing to do, the best thing to do, hopefully it will happen.” The Hill: GOP Leaders Are Unified: Firing Mueller A Bad Idea (6/13/17)

Representative Peter King (R-NY):

“I think Bob Mueller’s as good as you’re going to find. I don’t see any reason to remove him now. … I think it would taint [the investigation] more to remove him now.” Politico: Republicans to Trump: Hands off Mueller (6/12/17)
  15. G. Gordon Gator

Ratings Received:
    +9,390
  16. fastsix

fastsix Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +14,299
    Read the article and you'll know exactly what he did in Vietnam. Whether that makes him a hero or not depends on how you define a hero. I wouldn't go that far myself, but he volunteered, saw combat, was wounded, and served honorably. Hard to find fault with that, esp. when he had the money and connections to avoid Vietnam if he chose to.

As to whether investigating trump makes him a hero, I don't think it does. He's just doing his job, and as far as we know, he's doing it right. You're the one making things up and changing your beliefs due to your political bias, not me
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +6,540
  18. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +6,540
    And I suppose you would characterize President George H.W. Bush's service in World War II as that of a privileged white conservative Republican who volunteered to help slaughter working class Japanese in the Pacific.
  19. 108

108 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,480
    All you need to know is that if RM was investigating Hillary, conservatives would love him, and libs would find reasons to dislike him....this is all just partisanship
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. G. Gordon Gator

Ratings Received:
    +9,390
    lol. Don't be coy. You started this thread, to bring to the forum an article about Mueller's war service. You posted it for the same reason that the author wrote it, and Wired published it: To laud and lionize Robert Mueller because he is investigating Donald Trump. No reason other than that.

You're here complaining about the partisan motivations of people who are supposedly "attacking" :rolleyes: Mueller, but meanwhile you're defending him for entirely partisan reasons yourself. He is a lifelong conservative Republican about whom you'd have little or nothing good to say if he wasn't currently investigating President Trump and being criticized by Trump supporters for the way he's going about it.