The stories they told

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by g8orbill, Jun 25, 2013.

1. g8orbill

g8orbill Gators VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +9,734
  2. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,575
    Like I said before... these bozos think that open borders are going to buy them votes for re-elections down the road from the Hispanic community, but most American Hispanics don't even put this in their top 3 or 4 most important policy matters.

It's the media that has convinced them otherwise, which is a shame. Those old timer GOP jerks need to do what's right for our country, and not what will give them supposed votes though support of a flawed bill that will insure that more Mexicans will come across the border illegally again, and again, and gain...
  3. DaveFla

DaveFla Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +979
    This is what happens when you compromise your own moral values for votes... It worked well for the democrats. I would have trouble sleeping at night, actually, but to each his own, right?
  4. rpmGator

rpmGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +636
    It isn't like there are millions of people here already and finding out who they are would be a great help to getting rid of those with criminal records out of our nation.

Nope, you would rather lose elections and bitch, than solve a problem. The immigration bill needs some work no doubt, but we do need a solution which is something this set of new Republicans hate. No solutions isn't much to hang your hat on.

White American birth rates fell behind other races in this nation for the first time. Key word being "in" this nation. If you fight the Hispanic vote, you think it is hard to get elected now.
  5. g8orbill

Ratings Received:
    +9,734
    the solution rpm is to enforce our current immigration laws
  6. rpmGator

Ratings Received:
    +636
    Our current laws would mean massive round ups of people and splitting families.

Do you have a political death wish to make sure the side you vote for, never gets elected for dog catcher.
  7. g8orbill

Ratings Received:
    +9,734
    so what- they are breaking our laws and are here illegally- we have laws for a reason

what I want is for us to go back to being the Nation of Laws we once were before your liberal hacks got a hold of us
  8. rpmGator

Ratings Received:
    +636
    Who also is breaking our laws, hell you speed all the time, maybe they should take your license if you want enforcement of all the laws or slow down to the posted limit to keep the license.

Picking and choosing which laws are to be enforced, isn't gong to happen.

Face reality for a change, and find ways to solve the problem, not make it a bigger problem.
  9. g8orbill

Ratings Received:
    +9,734
    rpm- I do drive 9 miles over the speed limit on the interstate and know full well the risks-however, if a COP wishes to enforce the law then I get fined-

the cost of my speeding is nothing compared to the cost of us ignoring our immigration laws
  10. g8trjax

g8trjax Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +379

That's exactly what is coming with this new immigration legislation, unless somehow you believe obama, shumer and durbin have the pubs interests at heart.
  11. T3goalie

T3goalie VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +22
    There is a wounded lame duck Dem Administration with scandals and zero leverage.

So.... the GOP's solution is to push the Administration's agenda, split its own party, weaken its young senators and hand the Dems elections for the the foreseeable future.

The current GOP/ RNC are the biggest ship of fools in the political history of this country. They have reached the point of Farce. The DNC/ Admin must feel like they have died and gone to Heaven

My money says that Boehner will push it through with very little trouble. Vote against the Bill you get no $ in 2014 and you get primaried. And of course, none of them will read it or weigh the merits of the Bill.

Rubio has basically said on CNN that doing something is better than doing nothing. As we all learned in kindergarten, this is a false premise that does not take into account that doing something can do more harm than good...
    • Like Like x 1
  12. g8orbill

Ratings Received:
    +9,734
    Rubio lost my vote over this

Boehner has no balls to go up against the dems or prezBO
    • Like Like x 1
  13. g8trjax

g8trjax Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +379
    Rep to you sir.
  14. rpmGator

Ratings Received:
    +636
    Reality is, all that are here aren't going to be deported by either side.

Fighting reality means we have to keep those who would have to leave based on criminal conduct.

So you make the problem worse, by doing nothing and fighting any and all solutions.
  15. Gatorrick22

Ratings Received:
    +4,575
    Now that's a Leftist for you... rationalizing law breaking. You law breakers crack me up. As long as the law lines up your way for more votes... you even advocate screwing our sovereignty, and way of life, just to have more power to control all Americans. You and Obama's gang do want to "fundamentally change" America, by advancing lawlessness at any cost.

Pathetic, and disgusting lot you run with!
    • Like Like x 1
  16. rpmGator

Ratings Received:
    +636
    Rick,

All you add to any discussion is name calling posters. Maybe debate a subject once in a while with something to add for a change.

First I am free to have an opinion which to you is breaking the law. Since when did you start thinking free speech was against the law.

Voted for Reagan three times, McCain three times and Obama never got a single vote from me.

Reason you have problems with my views is they are geared toward solutions and thinking all problems have a solution. But that takes thought, something I have yet to see you show on any thread only agreeing with others that follow your limited set of thoughts or insulting those with thought beyond your IQ.

Any fool can insult as you have already proven. Just let me know if you wish for me to stoop to your level as I can make everyone laugh at your expense...often.

By the way, read my quote from Teddy, my crew has real balls and do the right thing no matter how many sets of panties you get in a wad.
  17. Gatorrick22

Ratings Received:
    +4,575

All you add is BS!

You and Fred must be twins.
  18. Allanon

Allanon Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +434
    It's simple really. If they are here in violation of the laws of the USA then deport them. ASAP.
  19. Gatorrick22

Ratings Received:
    +4,575
  20. T3goalie

T3goalie VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +22
    Gang of 8 deals made in the shadows, voting on legislation without reading, and closing off full and thoughtful debate on the merits of legislation is not progress and it certainly does not solve problems.

This Legislation is being pushed through as if it was an Emergency because they do not want debate, They do not want transparency, the do not want an analysis of the full impact of the legislation.

Solving a problem? How the heck can someone say this solves a problem without a full review of legislation. This pig infested special interest group special may create more problems... THE UNIVERSAL TRUTH IS THAT DEALS DONE IN THE DARK AND NOT IN THE LIGHT OF DAY HAVE SOMETHING TO HIDE. This is no different. The Pols on the Hill are scared to death that people may read this before it is passed. That is why they are rushing. The process is a DISGRACE TO THE LEGISLATIVE PROCESS on the same level as the process for ACA. It is Pathetic. :sick: