The Southern Grudge

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by chompalot, Oct 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fredsanford

fredsanford VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,010
  2. HallGator

HallGator Administrator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,090
    That still does not backup the "Southern" part. This is nothing but a cheap shot at Southern White males. You know it, Chomp knows it, and most anyone else with an ounce of discernment knows it.
  3. fredsanford

fredsanford VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,010
    That's fine. I was just answering you specifically.
  4. chompalot

chompalot Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +306
    The important question is: Where does it predominate? I don't see that it matters where it may or may not have started. That's up for debate, anyways. However, where it predominates is important. Some in the South may want to disassociate themselves from it but it can't be denied that it is mainly Southern.
  5. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,765
    if we posted an article like this about black Chicago women it would have been closed already
  6. chompalot

Ratings Received:
    +306
    This thread is strictly about a political movement (the TP) that has a predominance in a particular a region. Just like you can't deny that most AA are Democrats for whatever particular reason, so do many Southerners have their motivation to be TPers.
  7. HallGator

Ratings Received:
    +3,090
    OK, thanks.
  8. HallGator

Ratings Received:
    +3,090
    No it's not an article strictly about the TP. If it was then the "Southern" part would never have been included. This is a piss poor attempt to tie the movement into the Civil War past. It's cheap, it's demeaning, and it stinks to the high heavens. And this is coming from someone who is not a member nor plans on becoming a member although I don't disagree with a lot of their thought on the overspending.
  9. Minister_of_Information

Minister_of_Information I'm your huckleberry Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +968
    So what. Freedom still lives in the south, not in the nanny states up north and out west. It has nothing to do with racism.
  10. chompalot

Ratings Received:
    +306
    This has more to do with a bunch of provincial elites whose power and privileges are threatened by a stronger central government that they don't control. The it's the same reason that the TP is against immigration reform.
  11. CHFG8R

CHFG8R Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,019
    You know this and I know this and any reasonable person with 1/2 a brain knows this as well. Just for S&Gs, let's do some mental math.

Tea Party forms (apparently, where is of no concern to those making this silly, cynical and completely self-serving argument). It's co-opted by the (R) party, specifically by party elite. And now, it predominates in the south. . . in the very regions where the (R) party predominates. Shocking, I tell you, shocking.

Really, this article and the lemming who posted it are prime examples of what is wrong with our current political climate. As I illustrated above, this "trend" he writes about is really nothing revolutionary and his "insights" are intended for nothing but political gain. And the absolute worst kind. It is sickening, in that it is much less (if anything) about affecting policy but rather a literal attempt to dehumanize the opposition. I mean, what would these people do with the TP? Send them to concentration camps or goulags? Shoot them for being the racist traitors they are? Really, the line between language like this and that of the Nazis toward Jews, Communists, etc. is a lot thinner than these people realize (maybe not).

What's unfortunate is how low they will sink to taint their political opposition. In this case, the purely self-serving attempt to brand their political opposition as a white-hooded, flaming-cross-bearing lynch mob. And this has been this administration and its follower's MO from the beginning. Sad, but true.

Though it is not without precedent. In the sake of fairness, the last administration took a similar approach with its opposition, always holding the veiled implication of "traitor" over anyone who disagreed with their policies.

Thus, as I've said many time before, this administration is nothing more than the reverse side of the same coin and the past 13 years a prime example of the worst both parties have to offer.
  12. chompalot

Ratings Received:
    +306
    I don't know what you're talking about? Where does it say that TPers are a bunch of "white-hooded, flaming-cross-bearing lynch mob(s)." I know that TPers are known for their use of hyperbolic language. Take Ted Cruz language as a classic example.
  13. CHFG8R

CHFG8R Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,019
    It's clearly implied in the article and your constant pushing of it's premise. And, quite frankly, you know it. Either that or you are a very stupid person. If you don't think the word "Confederacy" is loaded and specifically loaded, well. . . you are just a very stupid person.

Actually, I'm more prone to believe otherwise. I don't think you're stupid. And I used to think you were just young and naive. But now my opinion of you has changed as I now just think you are just a horrible person period. Play the innocent victim all you want. You know what you are doing here and it's just plain wrong on a human and intellectual level. No offense (easy for me to say, I guess), but that's just the way I feel about you after reading through this nonsense.

One does not just throw around charges (or thinly veiled allusions) of racism whenever it fits your political bent of day. It's a serious charge with serious implications and deserving of only the most serious of situations. To do it so cavalierly is sickening. And the author and you, for that matter, make me sick.
  14. chompalot

Ratings Received:
    +306
    The TP shouldn't allow the Confederate flag in front of the WH if they're so concerned about being associated with "Confederates." Just a thought.

The South's MO has been the same for years: maintain The Solid South, use the filibuster, disenfranchise voters, and localization and privatization of federal programs. That's the jist of the South's strategy. The proof is in the pudding. No implications of "cross burning" with today's TPers there.
  15. CHFG8R

CHFG8R Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,019
    Rationalize it any way you want. Whatever helps you sleep at night.

My opinion of you, the author and those who use these sickening tactics has not changed. Must have some pretty sad facts on your side to resort to tactics that are as base, pathetic and reminiscent of Hitler, Stalin, Mao, etc. as this is.

Author wanted to make a point (Republicans/TP = Racist) and created an argument to support it. Bet he thought he was real clever too. Probably still patting himself on the back.
  16. sappanama

sappanama VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +121
    this has to do primarily with you , a wanna be provocateur; and everyone's power and privileges and rights are threatened by a more powerful central gubmint, and make no mistake no one you know or I know controls gubmint. TP isn't against immigration reform, they just don't want the reform you want, the party of tolerance is anything but tolerant of anything but their own ideas/wishes/dreams/fantasies/reality.
  17. HallGator

Ratings Received:
    +3,090
    I just went and reread the original post and the quoted part to see if I was somehow mistaken in my take on this. After doing so I realized I was not only correct but I should have closed this for a bait thread from the start.

The attempt to connect the TP, Southern Whites males, and racism is so apparent it is hard to believe someone else couldn't see it.

18. MichiGator2002

MichiGator2002 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,723
    The Tea Party began on the trading floor in Chicago.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.