The People's Case Against Muschamp

Discussion in 'Swamp Gas' started by ArtDeco, Nov 12, 2013.

1. GATORAZ

GATORAZ Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,539
    Bostwick and Brantley both have 1st round talent. I am interested in seeing how Cummings plays next year. Matt Rolin taking over for Powell is also very intriguing he could be a monster in the pass rush at LB when we do 3 man front stuff vs some of the spread teams.
  2. johnl

johnl Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +233
    Townsend, Ivie to answer your question. Everyone else made sense. But what's ironic is how he planned on getting freshman Taylor a few garbage carries each game before Jones got hurt.

I agree we needed to bring new guys in. I believe he's doing what he thinks is best to win.

The problem is the big picture: taking 60 minutes of first teamers to put away Toledo, etc. Also, is it that the backups and redshirt freshmen aren't developing in practice and/or getting in-game experience or both? Trick question, both reasons are on the coaches! Getting blown out is almost a blessing at this point just so we do get our backups some valuable experience.

No one expects freshmen to come in and play well on a SEC line, I get that. Enter the piss-poor oline recruiting his first full class argument.

I see Muschamp as a "one step forward, two steps back" coach. He's not the total package.
  3. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,539
    you would have kept Kyle punting? Towsend needed to come in Kyle was not getting it done.

Ivie, how was Muschamp supposed to know UGA was only going to have the ball for like 10 plays in the 3rd vs UGA?
  4. whitelakegator

whitelakegator New Member

Ratings Received:
    +20
    Ok. So who is the next Easley/Floyd? I think even Howard was drafted. I'm asking because someone said it was a potential weakness. I know that you know a ton about recruiting so I'm asking you if you see that special guy at DT as we've had in recent yrs.
  5. gator07

gator07 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +703
    Yep. It's supposed to be fun and for three years all the fun has been sucked out of it, even in many of our wins. For me it's more about the fun and the journey than the wins and titles and so forth. Those are just gravy to me. I just get enjoyment out of seeing the game played at a high level, which we haven't been doing.

Agree that as long as he's the coach I can't invest in it the same as I used to. Definitely no more sacrificing a whole weekend and hassling with attending games in person. That's how important believing in your leadership is.
  6. johnl

johnl Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +233
    If anything, we should hire Muschamp as roster manager? Hahaha

You're right. In three years he's recruited bodies. Do something with that.

If we only had enough "o linemen" bodies to field a one-deep line, Muschamp would continue using Jones' face mask as a battering ram for a Trip Thurman tail pad if he could.
  7. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,539
    Those two are the next Floyd/ Easley combo.
  8. Ceal8ter

Ceal8ter VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +5
    And you commented on all 1000. That doesn't say much for you. Hey at least you took the time to not read the op and still make an ignorant post on it.
  9. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,539
    Look how many Oline bodies we had year 1 look how many we have now. And look at how many we will have in 2014. I am one of the people that was very critical of the Oline bodies we took in 2012 (also should have kept Dunker) but last years class and this years class has us looking much better for the future then what we had when Muschamp got to UF. Which is one of the reasons I would not give Muschamp or the new coach any slack in 2014. The depth is there on both lines of scrimmage next year
  10. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,539
    that is a lie TRY AGAIN
  11. johnl

johnl Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +233
    Muschamp has his numbers when healthy but its like he's a day late and a buck short. Why couldn't he snatch up some JUCOs and lower rates projects his first class like he did last year. I agree he should have kept Dunker.

He knew what he wanted to do on offense but is LEARNING the hard way.
  12. whitelakegator

Ratings Received:
    +20
    Floyd and Easley were one and two on Rivals(both FIVE stars). I'm looking at the rankings. Our guys are no where near that talent. FSU got those two kids. So, I'll ask again since Brantly is the highest at number 9 it seems. Going forward, do we have that stud talent at DT or has Muschamp slipped in this area?
  13. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,539
    I think Muschamp makes mistakes but the one thing he does is he corrects them. One of the big problems that year was our Oline coach. People hated Verducci and that hurt us with Olinemen. No way Muschamp knew he was going to be that bad at recruiting.

They took 7 OL players last year. They are probably going to take 5 this year. Whoever coaches this team next year is not going to have the same situation as Muschamp year 1 roster wise. It is not even going to be close
  14. BastogneGator

BastogneGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +359
    Is it really a lie that you didn't read the OP AZ? Try again...
  15. whitelakegator

Ratings Received:
    +20
    Almost all of those o line men are 3 stars on Rivals...holy crap. Seriously? You are just happy with numbers...how about quality?
  16. johnl

johnl Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +233
    This is the part I like.
  17. gator07

gator07 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +703
    Back when I thought Muschamp was this master talent evaluator and obsessed with this idea of dominating the line of scrimmage and instilling toughness I was ok with the lower ratings. Especially for ol which are hard to judge. But now I'm terrified to think we might have some average to good players coming in with poor coaching to develop them. Even our five star linemen like Humphries, Fowler, and Bullard aren't exactly all sec players.
  18. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,539
    I think Bostwick is more talented than Brantley and one of the more talented DL prospects in last years class. He is from an area that is not heavily recruited he did not go to any camps and I bet nobody watched him play live. Which is the reason for his lower ranking. He also was not at any all star games and didnt talk to reporters.

Despite rankings they are two of the most talented DL player in the country top 5 or 10 talents.

You dont follow recruiting but yet you are telling me those two are no where near talented as who fsu got? Please dont tell me you are talking about Demarcus Walker and Kieth Bryant?

Demarcus Walker is going to be a real good football player I think our two are better but it is relatively close. Bryant is a head case with a disappointing Sr season I dont think he is as good as the three we are talking about. I am betting FSU fans would agree. FSU recruited Brantley very hard btw.
  19. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,539
    that wasnt the lie part TRY AGAIN
  20. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,539
    I like them if I didnt I would say so. Which one dont you like?