1. Gator Country Black Friday special!

Stay on top of the football coach search with the Insider Authority on Gator Sports with a special discount!

Now's a great time to join or renew and get up to $20 off your annual subscription! LIMITED QUANTITIES -- for details click here.

The People's Case Against Muschamp

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by ArtDeco, Nov 12, 2013.

1. GATORAZ

GATORAZ Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,942
    so you dont have one name? figures lol . Do you want a coach trying to win or just giving up? lol
  2. mdfgator

mdfgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,475
    Hah, good luck with that.
  3. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,942
    so if we get a new coach and he doesnt win 10 games you want hi fired too?
  4. uftaipan

uftaipan Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,857
    I'm not sure it's a fair comparison because, other than for moral/ethical issues, I know of no head coach who was fired after one season. But since that doesn't answer your question I'll say this: I think 2014 is now lost. I have no expectations for success whatsoever. Either it's gone because we see more of the same amateur hour, or it's gone due to a coaching transition. Speaking for self, at least with a coaching transition I have hope; with Muschamp, sadly I have none.

In my mind, the question comes down to 2015. If Muschamp stays another season, I believe he will inevitably be fired, leading to yet another lost season due to the delayed transition. If he doesn't stay, then at least we have the hope of getting back on the road to recovery.

Hypothetically, though, for me to want to reverse course on Muschamp he would have to lead us at a minimum to 10 victories and beat Georgia without excuse. Do I think he is capable of either at this point? Honestly, I do not.
  5. GatorLaw25

GatorLaw25 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +530
    I assume not since the new coach wouldn't be in his fourth year already...
  6. whitelakegator

whitelakegator New Member

Ratings Received:
    +20
    Thank you but that won't win the East or save his job. That would mean another loss to UGA or FSU. I don't think he survives no ATL in four tries and 1-7 or 2-6 vs UGA/FSU. Combine those two things and I think he goes even at your basecamp.

Just going over scenarios in my head really makes a good argument to get rid of him this year. Too much drag to overcome. Dead weight.
  7. whitelakegator

Ratings Received:
    +20
    How's the d line look next year particularly DT? Seems like a weakness this year. WHat are the big 5 stars DT's on the roster? I'm asking because I'm not as big on recruiting as you are, thanks.
  8. whitelakegator

Ratings Received:
    +20

The first year is a transition year and doesn't count.
  9. gator07

gator07 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +703
    Agree 99% with this. Next year is lost. It's either hopeless with him or very hopeful with someone else.

The only thing I would say differently is if he stays he could sway me back if he produces a dynamic offense, ranked somewhere around top 25 where it belongs. No more incremental improvement. That ship has sailed. He's burned through his rebuilding years.

And no win total is good enough. No more fluke wins. We must win and win by being solid in all phases. No more defense carrying the team. That way it's a sustainable model for wins in the future.
  10. MyakkaGator

MyakkaGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,592
    underpromise & overdeliver...atleast 9.
  11. tommyuf21

tommyuf21 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +969
    Coaches in "make or break" years break most of the time.

There is too much against them. They know it and the players know it as well. They play tight and not to lose.
  12. HungaryGator

HungaryGator New Member

Ratings Received:
    +77
    A coach at UF should win a division title at least once in 4 years should he not?

I would hope a coach at UF could at least post a .500 record against our top rivals in 4 years but right now I'd settle for 3-5.

By year four, a coach at UF will have had time to recruit his players and implement his systems. He should be able to produce at least 10 wins should he not?
  13. mdfgator

mdfgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,475
    He will not be fired with nine wins, 10 wins he gets a raise.
  14. MyakkaGator

MyakkaGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,592
    Raise? That's a touch much!
  15. gator07

gator07 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +703
    Let's just put it this way. We are relying on a lot of red shirt freshmen next year to come up huge if our defense is going to be any good. Like premium athlete good, not just smoke and mirrors good like this year. But if they are premium wouldn't they be playing this year like hargreaves?

Defensive line, linebacker, and safety have some great yet unproven talent waiting in the wings. The only position that's solid is corner. With our track record of player development it might not be pretty next year.
  16. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,942
    It looks much better than this year without Easley. We return everybody but Jacobs. Then add Ivie Bostwick and Brantley maybe even Riles. I dont see why there would be some big transition on defense. We will just have a lot more bodies upfront.
  17. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,942
    I would say looking at the roster it is ridiculous to think 2014 should be a lost year especially when you look at the rest of the SEC. But your last part you have no expectations anyway for next year so I cant take you too seriously
  18. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,942
    why doesnt it count? We sure have people trying to count Muschamps 1st year and this new coach would have a much better roster than Muschamp had.
  19. whitelakegator

Ratings Received:
    +20
    I'm asking about that difference maker. Seems like we don't have very many sacks from the front four and Champ's defense seems to do much better with that disrupter in the middle(yes, all defenses do better with those guys). Who's the next big star? I could name them from watching them play even a little. For some reason, that guy, is escaping me. More bodies does not mean better.
  20. Taxg8r00

Taxg8r00 Member

Ratings Received:
    +3
    Sad part is that I am resigned to the fact WM will be back. I plan on watching from a far with no expectations at all. Honestly, WM product is boring and not "must see" for me. He might win 10 games next year, but if it is in the manner of 2012, then I see myself pretty much having little to no interest in Gator football as long as he is the coach. I still love my school and will make trips to Gville, it just won't be football centric.