The Opening / Elite 11 thread

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by GATORAZ, Jun 28, 2013.

1. GATORAZ

GATORAZ Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,942
    I said it awhile back Auburn is the only team I worry about for Grier and that he keeps constant contact with them. That is why I would like for them to land a top a QB so it will shut the door on him going there. I am not really worried if you are a top recruit you should keep in contact with another football team. Shutting it down is stupid you never know what could happen. I think Arkansas was trying to still recruit him as well.

Gator fans should just hope Auburn gets a commit from Brandon Harris. In the end we should be fine with Grier I think he is visiting UF again for FNL's but I am not sure. The kid is solid. Most of the smart players still talk to another team they just might not tell the media. He is going to UF unless something crazy happens
  2. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,942
    JC Shurburtt ‏@jcshurburtt 2m
    Through the two sessions I have watched, I’d go Chryst, Allen, Grier, Watson/Cornwell. This is a good group though. @Elite11
  3. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,942
  4. 15gator05

15gator05 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +621
  5. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,942
  6. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,942
    One of the things that has been mentioned throughout the Elite 11 is Bama commit David Cornwell has been inconsistent. I have always been a little confused why he was given 5 star status. Notice I didn't put him in the list of 5 I liked on film. While he has some of the best measurable and a huge arm he has some clear mechanical problems. He needs a lot of work on his feet. He also changes arm angles some 3/4 throws . People compare him Ben Roethlisberger because of size but Ben was a more fluid and natural athlete although not as dynamic.

It will be interesting to see what Bama can do with him because he has huge upside but a lot of work needs to be done.
  7. DangerDays10

DangerDays10 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +0
    You can forget any Lake City kid coming to UF, as sad as that is....
  8. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,942
    They dont even want him and never really pursed him. I am not even sure why heoffered or why he dropped by the football office one day to get his offer
  9. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,942
  10. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,942
  11. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,942
    People have said Grier has a stronger arm then he had when they have seen him previously. The reason is he is adding weight and filling out nicely. This is something some expected including myself because of his frame. It is also one of he reason I like him a little better than Kyle Allen (kyle's frame does not look as big) This should continue over the next year and a half.
  12. Zanso

Zanso Member

Ratings Received:
    +13
    Derek Tyson: HERE'S A BLOG TALKING ABOUT THE MOTEN RUMORS FLOATING AROUND.

I didn't even hear a rumor recently about him...and it's behind a paywall. Any idea if he's wavering?
  13. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,942
    I touched on this I think last week. There is a lot of things going on with Moten he has not been to campus yet. There are various people in his ear about keeping his options open he even visited Miami last week but he claimed he was just going to support a good friend.
  14. Zanso

Zanso Member

Ratings Received:
    +13
    So absolutely nothing new. I assumed with the urgent title there was something going on, Derek Tyson is more dramatic than a high school girl.
  15. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,942
    I will prob try and collect and post the 40 times and sparq numbers sometimes tonight. One that really stood out is Jamal Adams ran a 4.48 40. The only concern I had about him was his speed. I think he is a better prospect than Elam out of high school and a future first round pick if he comes to UF. If he EE's he should be able to see significant time at the nickle his freshmen year.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,942
    I dont know what Derek said, probably something along the lines there are rumors Moten is going to decommit but he denies them or something like that. Moten is not going to deccommit right now but it is something to be monitored. He can say whatever he wants but those close to him want him to keep his options open.
  17. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,942
    The Opening ‏@TheOpening_2013 6m
    Edna Karr ATH Speedy Noil (@SpeedyNoil) posts the 2nd highest all-time SPARQ at 153.51
  18. GATORAZ

Ratings Received:
    +1,942
    Janoris is there

[​IMG]
  19. LimeyGator

LimeyGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,395
    Thanks for the updates. AZ.
  20. your_perfect_enemy

your_perfect_enemy Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,562
    Further backup of what you're saying...

“This is me speaking now, not some rumors on the Internet: I’m 100 percent committed,” Grier, the nation’s No. 53 player, said. “I am going to Florida in January, no matter what. The only thing I’m doing -- and Florida knows this -- is I’m just trying to keep relationships open.

“They’re all great football minds in college, and I want to get my football mind better. So if I were to go to somewhere like Auburn, or anywhere, it would be strictly football. They know I’m going to school at Florida. At this point, Florida has been so good to me that, and it’s such a great opportunity, I don’t want anything else but that. Everything else is just strictly building relationships and getting to know people on a personal level.”

Grier said he plans to do some recruiting for the Gators this week at The Opening and is wearing his Florida hat with pride.

“At the end of the day everybody knows I’m committed to Florida,” Grier said. “I love the school more than just for football. I can’t wait to go to school there. I was wearing my Florida hat with pride today. I wear it with pride because it’s a great school. I’m excited I was the one that got to commit there and take that spot.”