The one thing I like most about Coach Roper...

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by MyakkaGator, Dec 26, 2013.

1. malscott

malscott Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +161
    If Roper can get through to Driskel and develop his thought processes when he's behind center there might be hope. The team needs a sense of urgency. Driskel was pretty horrific this year before he went down. He, more than anyone on the team, needs to have a breakout season. Does he have any fire in him? Does he lead through complacency? No disrespect, but I've never seen him get that excited. When Tebow used to yell, "let's go, let's go!" I wanted to suit up. Moving on...An offensive line that's healthy and gelling would be helpful as well. Some read-option would be nice. Open up some passing space for him. JMHO: I have never seen a micro manager really work out well, not in corporate, not in sports and not in the community. People want to contribute because they have something to bring to the table, not because they want to be told what to do. Micro managing basically tells your hire, "hey, I don't trust you so I'm gonna do it myself." A monkey can follow orders. Real leaders are confident, the best coaches delegate and hire the best and let them do their thing. Please Champ...
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. gatorlaw71

gatorlaw71 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +128
    Is this what we're supposed to consider a "positive" post?

You just trashed a young man and threw in a jab at the rest of the team. Those young men put their body on the line playing this game and they aren't making money for it ... let alone making $3 million a year as the head coach or $600,000 like the OC. Saying "No disrespect, but ..." doesn't change the fact that disrespecting big time is exactly what you did.

And it's the Christmas season!!!

Come on people. If a player doesn't misbehave on, or off, the field, give them a break. They're not pros playing for big bucks. They're college kids. You can talk about what's going on in games without adding insults. Let the facts speak and let it go at that. Why add insults? If you don't think someone is a great player, fair enough. Why get personal about their play? They're only here for a little while anyway.

Criticizing the coaching is a different thing. A bad coach could be here for a years and create great problems for the program and a lot of pain for fans. Coaches are adults, and employees, and making big bucks for what they do. They get big rewards for success. They can take a little criticism. Even then, we can criticize without getting personal.
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
  3. gottapanda

gottapanda Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +161
    That's a fair point. I actually don't have gray on my ignore list, though apparently he's a big baby and added me to his list bc of my last post. I just put the broken record posters on ignore bc I otherwise just skip their posts anyway. I definitely respect that you are trying to keep this board readable for those who might otherwise get a bad taste in their mouths from a lot of the posters here. I don't remember it always being so negative around here. Part of that is on the mods for cultivating such an atmosphere but it is mainly on the entitled crybabies. Anyway, keep fighting the good fight.
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. tommyuf21

tommyuf21 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +869
    It was bad during all three years of Zook.
  5. gottapanda

gottapanda Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +161
    I believe it. I wasn't around back then to see it though. I joined up in 2008.
  6. Wormwood56

Wormwood56 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,886
    Where is the "dumb" response when we need it?
  7. Wormwood56

Wormwood56 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,886
    Compared to what? 2013?
  8. tommyuf21

tommyuf21 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +869
    You were around Worm, didn't it seem so much more personal when it was directed at Zook?

I remember the anti-Zook sentiment here from day one and it was far more brutal, especially considering the results.

Maybe I'm mistaken, but that's what I remember.
  9. Wormwood56

Wormwood56 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,886
    Awww. The coward filter rears its ugly head again... So Sayeth The Gray Gator...lol
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. Wormwood56

Wormwood56 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,886
    Tommy, you're absolutely right, as you often are. It was infinitely more brutal during the Zook years, because the spoiled brats had 12 years of Spurrier to fall back on. Now they see what REALLY BAD is, and they can't comprehend. And yes, I remember, as do you. The battles I had with PD, PKG and GatorGirl, among others, were flat BRUTAL!

I didn't read the entire context of what you responded to, my friend. These people can be amazing...
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. MyakkaGator

MyakkaGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,162
    Nick Saban says "hi."
  12. MyakkaGator

Ratings Received:
    +2,162
    Good morning, worm. I don,t like to use the ignore button either because it defeats the point of having a form..if we all believed the same thing, aside from the fact that we,re all gator fans/alumni, there would be nothing to talk about. I appreciate dissenting opinions, it forces me to look at situations multi-dimensionally. However, there are exceptions to the rule... I've used the ignore button for only two people because they are more interested in insulting people than they are to contributing ala conversation..and this I find nauseating not to mention intolerable.
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. GatorLaw

GatorLaw Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +165
    The one thing I like most about Coach Roper? He isn't Pease.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. igabradley

igabradley Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +315
    so true.. i can't wait til the spring game and everybody will realize the oc runs the offense. pease and the o-line were the problem. without the o-line nobody could coach this team.
  15. Claygator

Claygator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +758
    I'm sure everyone here feels so much better now that you agree with something.
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  16. MyakkaGator

Ratings Received:
    +2,162
    That's if the spring game isn't a horrible excuse of a scrimmage like it was this last year.