The Noles & Clemson on Upset Alert ....

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by ACCecil, Oct 1, 2013.

1. ACCecil

ACCecil Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +392
    Watching ESPN CFB Live. Coach Mike Belloti and UF great Keith Carter just said it.

The Noles play a 4-0 MYD team at home. MYD believes in themselves and they can play defense. They have a QB who can run or throw and 4-5 WR's who are sub 4.5 guys and two of whom were 5 star prep players.

Clemson is on the road at Cuse.

I'm not going to lie. I am worried about both games because I want the ACC to have a big game when FSU visits Clemson in 2 weeks and, obviously, I want FSU and Clemson to make a run at the NC. I know this is a Gator board and you may not care about the Noles although if they lose and their season is ruined you will likely react exactly like I did after Miami beat UF. I'm real. You know where I stand. No pretense here.

The Noles might have defense problems. Can't stop the run. Blown coverages. Still figuring out the system. Not much of a pass rush. Lots of big DL men but none that can harass the passer. That is my $.02. But the D isn't chopped liver either.

Winston has exceeded expectations but as usual the Nole running game, even though Jimbo says it is the best OL he had at FSU, is still spotty. Can't blow people off the ball. And, I'll say it for you, that is in the ACC. When they play SEC type teams they really have trouble running and once that happens it puts tons of pressure on the QB. I am afraid of the Turtles. I am not terrified but I am afraid.

Clem is on upset alert because they are Clem and b/c that is what happens in road games. I think UF is quietly working back up the polls and if Clem and FSU fall it will lead to renewed dancing in the streets here. The weather is changing. It is upset weather.
  2. ThePlayer

ThePlayer VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,411
    Since it's ESPN...they are prohibited from saying tOSU is on upset alert.
  3. ACCecil

Ratings Received:
    +392
    NW is solid. I under estimated them earlier this year but won't make that mistake again. Are the Bucknuts on the road?
  4. TheRaid

TheRaid VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +848
    Well, Gators are not working back up the polls. Nobody in the polls believes in the Gators.

As for upset alert, they have to have someting to talk about. But, every college football game is an upset alert. Otherwise, nobody watches. It is the greatest fan engrossed game precicely because of upsets and the drama of the game and the value of each possession and each game.

FSU will come back to earth when they play Clemson. FSU is a pretender. Clemson just might be the best team east of the Mississippi river.
  5. ACCecil

Ratings Received:
    +392
    It is Oct 1.

UF has big prey up ahead.

They will work up the polls if they take care of bidness.

Meanwhile, the teams above them start falling.

I am worried.
  6. The_Graygator

The_Graygator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,037

Until they actually play somebody and can consistently stop a real offense, yeah, they are chopped liver. lol
  7. atlantagator86

atlantagator86 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +659
    I just got off the phone which the biggest douche bag Nole fan I've ever know! He is truly an embarrassment to your schools ACCecil. Calls me about every week to boast about how great FSU is but I rarely hear from him after FSU has a couple of losses. I didn't hear from him for about a months after the UF game last year.

He's already talking about how when FSU beats Clemson in a few weeks, they'll jump all the way up to #3 and play for the MNC and how Winston is going to win the Heisman. I didn't mean to laugh at him where he could hear me. Then he proceeded to bitch about UGA being ranked ahead of FSU with a loss. He doesn't seem to understand that beating Pitt, Nevada, Bethune Cookman and getting by against BC isn't as impressive to the pollsters as UGA going 3-1 against Clemson, USCe and LSU. What a douche.

To the point, I'd be a little more concerned about FSU than Clemson. Maryland just beat WVU 37-0, and held them to 6 first downs and 175 total yards. And they've given up a total of 41 points. FSU does have a week off before Clemson but hopefully the players are looking past this game anyway. ;)

Clemson may play on the road, but SU isn't going to scare anybody. And Clemson still has to play BC before FSU, so I don't think the players will be looking ahead yet.

But the thing about Clemson is that I think the LSU/UGA game showed just how bad UGA's defense is. I'm not sure Clemson's offense is quite as good as it appeared they were in the UGA game, and we saw how UGA moved the ball against Clemson. I'm thinking this year's Clemson team may be a whole lot more like the Clemson teams the past few years than the #3 team in the country.
  8. BobK89

BobK89 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,229
    UF was on upset alert at UK,FWIW.

Sent from my iPhone using GatorCountry
  9. ACCecil

Ratings Received:
    +392
    atlantagator86,

I think fans that harass other fans give everyone a bad name. Be proud of your team/school, for most of us it is both, and leave it at that. We all know how it feels when you get emotionally invested in something and it fails or gets taken away. There is no need to rub that it when someone is down. Just be happy your team won and move on.

Of course, having said that, a little bit of ribbing is almost unavoidable. I mean, come on, its called Braggin Rights for a reason. My point is that I think friends like the one you describe shouldn't be jerks to other fans no matter what. FSU has lots of work to do before any Nole fan should be worried about a NC or Heisman. FSU will have to be 14 to 21 points better than UF to get out of the Swamp alive and that si hard to do.

Besides, who cares, that game is a month and 3 weeks away.

This is the best MYD team in a long time. If FSU plays as sloppy as they did at BC it could be trouble. Clemson rolls along every year until they get beat. I know Dabo hates it and is working hard to change that but Clemson is so ..... streaky. They are like a basketball player that can get really hot but can also brick it for a game or two also.
  10. atlantagator86

atlantagator86 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +659
    ACCecil:

I'm with you. I actually enjoy a little ribbing. I'm not a bragger but I can talk with anybody about football and throw in a little ribbing here and there and I expect to get it back. And I am a definite optimist for my teams but I try not to have unrealistic expectations.

What pisses me off are the douche bag fans like this guy (we have our share too) that talk smack at the beginning of each and every season about how great their team is and how much your team is gonna suck, but then conveniently disappear when things don't turn out like they expected.

To your credit, you have always been one of the first Nole posters every year to come back here and take your lumps after the FSU losses to UF.

This guy is definitely the exception to the rule. All my other FSU friends are optimistic and can talk a little smack but it's all in fun and they're great people.

Agree with you on Clemson. They always get up for a couple of big game, but they usually find a way to get crushed by a team nobody expects them to lose to like GT.
  11. gatorjlm

gatorjlm VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +318
    FSU and Clem should not lose until they play each other or when FSU comes to hog town. They over-match remaining opponents. USCe could challenge Clem, but I don't like the way USCe has played this year at all and Clem can score with Boyd and the superb S Watkins.
  12. GATORAZ

GATORAZ Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,942
  13. chipleygator

chipleygator Member

Ratings Received:
    +18
    Who is this Keith Carter this Seminole speaks of?
  14. GatorLaw

GatorLaw Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +166
    Clemson is Clemson but I don't think Syracuse is the team that will cause the Clemson we all know and love to emerge this year. Too big a talent disparity. As for FSU, I don!t blame you for being worried. This is Md's biggest game in quite a while.
  15. gatorr4life

gatorr4life Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,615
    Kevin Carter, not Keith.
  16. geauxgator1

geauxgator1 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,753
    Must be Kevin's brother
  17. ovillegator

ovillegator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,410
    Sorry, ACC, Noles losing every game is actually a bonus on this site!
  18. Bushmaster

Bushmaster Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +956
    My philosophy has always been unless your coach or play for the team, you really have nothing to brag about.
  19. oakgator

oakgator Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +143
    But I have shotgunned beers for them and yelled till I was hoarse for them and sweltered in the sun for them and I think one time I did influence the trajectory of the ball with my mind. Not bragging though.
  20. PSGator66

PSGator66 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +924
    Kevin Carter?