1. Gator Country Black Friday special!

Stay on top of the football coach search with the Insider Authority on Gator Sports with a special discount!

Now's a great time to join or renew and get up to $20 off your annual subscription! LIMITED QUANTITIES -- for details click here.

The new play book...

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by MyakkaGator, Dec 29, 2013.

1. ces1948

ces1948 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +272
    So are you saying the terminology used by Charlie Weis will be a part of our offense as long as the Muschamp regime remains.
    I would say Roper has been using his terminology for what, a dozen years or more and our guys being college STUDENTS should be able to assimilate that in short order.
  2. mdfgator

mdfgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,475

I cannot believe you guys are arguing or trying to guess what terminology is being used. Good lord man.
  3. DieAGator

DieAGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,922
    I can't imagine Roper's coming here to run Muschamp's offense because the last three years prove Muschamp doesn't have one. Muschamp would have to be really dense to believe he does. I believe they will run Roper's offense but use known terminology that matches concepts or assignments from Roper's scheme but were named differently at Duke.
  4. igabradley

igabradley Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +319
    i really don't know why some are so stuck on "terminology". the only real difference is west coast vs pro style/spread. formations, shifts, motions, etc all have names. for instance brown right, blue right etc. running plays have numbers and pass plays have numbers. pro style/spread names each play by a number system west coast names plays by different names, if you have a" so and so x sluggo" everybody has to learn what their assignment is. in pro style its a formation then numbers. brown right 537. each number tells them what route to run.
  5. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,288
    Its the SAME exact thing...just completely DIFFERENT. :confused:
  6. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,288
    Roper was quoted during his Interview as saying he doesn't install new offensive schemes but instead molds the offense around the players, by first determining what the qb is best at and then finding out the strengths of the ol and molding the offense around them. I haven't read anything in regards to him keeping the same terminology. He did say he believes between now and the end of august is enough time to learn the new offense.
  7. g8rvet

g8rvet Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +507
    I am cautiously optimistic.

What say YOU?!?!
    • Funny Funny x 2