The Lynching

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by QGator2414, Jul 24, 2013.

1. gator34654

gator34654 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,320
    For much of the black community and leftist who needs facts when ya got smear working for ya. It's been a long while since the verdict and yet the race baiters and those who choose to create their own version of what happens regardless of facts still cry victimhood.

It's bad that parents lost a child, but it's also bad to distort the truth to suit your own cause.
  2. GatorBen

GatorBen Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,476
    Even if it's true, in what conceivable way would it have been relevant?

And my entire point is that I don't think you'll find anything written outside of the context of this case suggesting that fruit juice cocktail, Skittles, and Robitussin is a drug anyone is doing. I mean you could just drink a bottle of Robitussin to trip (plenty of people do, and it's not like Skittles and fruit juice are adding some additional psychoactive ingredient to it), so I guess sure, you could also mix Robitussin with absolutely anything and drink it. But if that's the point, can I suspect absolutely everyone I meet of doing drugs because heck, I bet most of them have all three ingredients of Robitussin, something to drink, and some form of candy in their house?

It's not like candy, juice and Robitussin would be creating some magic cocktail that you have to have all three ingredients for. The only psychoactive compund in it is DXM, every bit of which is coming from the Robitussin. Why are there other ingredients? Presumably because Robitussin tastes like death and just drinking a bottle of it would be an awful experience.
  3. kygator

kygator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +255
    After watching that video, do you believe that there were texts where someone told Trayvon that you could make lean by mixing cough syrup with skittles and Arizona watermelon fruit cocktail?
  4. uftaipan

uftaipan Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,984
    I would have to see the texts to "believe" it, but if true it further undermines the narrative of the sweet boy skipping off to the store for candy who was ruthlessly gunned down in cold blood by archracist George Zimmerman. I think, with regard to lean, that the liver damage as evidenced in the autopsy (again, if true) is certainly compelling.
  5. 92gator

92gator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,626
    Did you not see my link? I added emphasis to the skittles, sure, but that was to draw your attention to the fact that skittles--the candy, not as 'slang for pills' as you suggested (read it in context-right after the 'jolly ranchers')--was expressly mentioned in a government funded site (domain ends in '.org' rather than '.com') for generally known addictions.

So that dispenses with your suggestion that skittles as a known ingredient of 'lean' was just pulled out of someone's behind--as does the fact that 'lean' is expressly addressed in that site, where I linked to--not some obscure blog, specifically addressing the GZ case.

Ok, so AZ Iced Tea isn't carbonated--that was just my speculation--but it doesn't necessarily follow that it can't or isn't normally, used for this cocktail.

Now, I'm not saying this theory is therefore obviously what was going on with TM--just that it isn't as easily dissmissable as you seem to make it out to be.

As for the relevance to the case--at this point, you are correct, absolutely nothing, since double jeopardy has attached--TO THE CRIMINAL CASE ITSELF--but to the larger narrative, with a much lesser burden, it frankly is relevant. It goes to what may have prompted TM to react the way he may have reacted; it undermines the consensus narrative amongst the mainstream media, and amongst the political left that has champoined TM as this innocent as a little lamb, with this psuedo/concocted image they've manufactured, packaged and sold, of TM.

Speculative? Sure. But if the claims in the video are true--inordinate liver damage per the autopsy, that paranoia and violence are known secondary effects of its use, and that TM may have been into it... these certainly suggest a reasonable possibility that he may have been suffering side effects of its use--which prompted him to react in a manner inordinate to the occasion--i.e.--engaging GZ in a physical altercation, rather than simply engaging him in a civilized discussion, and explaining that he had legitimate business being where he was, etc (not that he had a duty to do so--but that is certainly more appropriate than initiating a physical altercation--or just continuing on his way...or staying at his gf's father's house after he got there, rather than turning around....or even telling GZ to go F. himself would have been more appropriate than initiating a physical altercation).

And yes, the above presumes that the evidence presented in the trial is largely true--but again, it's not like the 'pro GZ croud' are the ones stoking the coals here--the trial is over, yet this topic won't die--GZ still characterized as a murderer (e.g.--treatment of the story where GZ rescued someone from an accident dismissed as hoax, or 'staged'), and TM still championed as clean as the wind driven snow ('TM day', protests, etc)--therefore such an alternate theory that goes straight to the motive of what initiated the physical altercation aspect of that fatal encounter, is clearly relevant.

If the Nancy [dis]Grace croud is going to continue to pound their war drums, and claim travesty based on their own concocted version of events--than they open the door and invite every bit of the same, to counter their own manufactued BS.

What's good for the goose...
  6. 92gator

92gator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,626
    ^^^follow up to above:

Note also that while it is not now relevant to the criminal case, in a normal criminal case (contrasted with this one)--that is, where the State actually bears its burden of proving that a crime was committed beyond and to the exclusion of any reasonable doubt--it may very well have been relevant for supporting a viable alternative theory, going (again) directly to what may have prompted the initial physical altercation aspect of the encounter. The defense (imo) should have had the opportunity to present any evidence to support the theory, and argue it--and the state then, the obligation to dismiss it/rule it out--as being beyond the realm of 'reasonable doubt' (or reasonable plausibility, if you prefer).

Perhaps O'mara et. al. considered the theory, and figured it wasn't necesssary or worth pursuing--that would be a tactical decision--but hypothetically, it certainly could have been relevant.

IMHO.
  7. PIMking

PIMking New Member

Ratings Received:
    +894
    well in this case we called that the prosecution
  8. DaveFla

DaveFla VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,056
    This.

It plays no part in the actual trial, but it sure does shoot to hell the press' attempt to portray Trayvon as a young innocent who was merely walking home after buying candy...
  9. AustinGator1

AustinGator1 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +676
    It goes towards the actual character and the potential state of mind of Martin as opposed to the sweet little innocent child his family, the media, our President, and apparantly you have made him out to be.
  10. AustinGator1

Ratings Received:
    +676
    Actually, based on the condition of his liver I would think Trayvon was giving the instructions. It would be helpful to know when the texts took place. I don't think that was covered anywhere.
  11. GatorBen

Ratings Received:
    +2,476
    Don't feel too bad, the entire theory is speculation.

It is more or less "Lean has fruit flavored candy and a clear soda in it. Skittles are a fruit flavored candy. Watermelon juice isn't clear or soda, but it is a drink, so close enough. He was trying to do drugs!"

You can't look at each ingredient in isolation. You maybe could use Skittles to make lean. And you probably could drink cough syrup in fruit juice. But is there any evidence that anyone ever was dissolving candy in fruit juice?

The "theory" (term used quite loosely) is essentially "Oh my God he had ONE of the ingredients for making purple drank!". Of course it just so happens that the ONE ingredient he had is freaking candy, and he didn't have the ingredient that actually makes it a drug and not just a bag of candy and the wrong kind of drink, but we can't let those kinds of facts distract us.

Of course if we want to jump off the deep end in creating scenarios where possessing candy and some form of beverage is evidence of being a ne'er-do-well, I guess most people live in presumptive drug labs. :roll:
  12. kygator

kygator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +255
    The texts took place on June 27, 2011, which was 8 months before the shooting.

Martin was a drug user who also fought a lot. I'm not trying to argue otherwise. There is ample evidence that shows that to be true. I also agree that most of the media was trying to portray him in as good a light as possible while trying to portray Zimmerman as a monster, often while manipulating the facts. The purpose of this video was to show the media manipulation. However, the video is also guilty of manipulating facts.

Go to the 3:40 mark of the video. Bill Whittle claims that it was deception to call the drink iced tea. Martin was actually found with Arizona Watermelon fruit juice cocktail. He then claims this is important because of texts where Martin was told he could make some fire ass lean using cough syrup, skittles and Arizona watermelon fruit juice cocktail. He then claims that it is a bit of a coincidence that he was found with 2 of those 3 ingredients. I agree that it would be a hell of a coincidence if it were true. However, it is something Bill Whittle just made up. The texts show that he was told he could make some fire ass lean using cough syrup and soda. Having the watermelon cocktail isn't any more suspicious than iced tea would have been. Skittles, or any other candy, wasn't mentioned in the texts.

Now you could argue that you could mix cough syrup with that drink. Hell, you could mix cough syrup with any drink.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. AustinGator1

Ratings Received:
    +676
    Seriously. Are you just selectively reading? He had two of the three ingredients (not one as you claim) and had texts on how to make it. The autopsy said his liver was damaged and it wasn't from skittles.
  14. gatornana

gatornana Administrator

Ratings Received:
    +1,085
    Zimmerman created his own version, lucky for him many believed it.
  15. reformedgator

reformedgator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +283
    It didn't hurt that the testimony & evidence supported that same version.
  16. GatorBen

Ratings Received:
    +2,476
    No, he didn't. Fruit juice is not an ingredient, and you won't find anything not about this case claiming that it is.

He very well may have done it in the past, but for the life of me I can't figure out what a bunch of internet sleuths are hoping to accomplish by saying "well, he had a drink, even if it isn't one that anyone has ever heard of using to make this drug, and he had some candy that you probably could use, must have been going to do drugs."

What exactly is the benefit we get from smearing a dead kid (even if it were true) by suggesting that possession of candy and the wrong kind of drink for making it (but not being in possession of the thing that, you know, actually makes it a drug) indicates he was about to do drugs?
  17. CHFG8R

CHFG8R Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,571
    Didn't need to is my guess. Given the negative publicity already, why make it worse by unnecessarily trashing Martin. Had the prosecution actually had or made a credible case then perhaps they go there. But no need as I see it.
  18. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +738
    Agreed.

I think the main point of the video was to call out the "media".
  19. CHFG8R

CHFG8R Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,571

I get it, but kids (and women) aren't typically discriminating drinkers. I mean, why the hell would you drink Malibu and Pineapple juice? Sounds like what you're describing here.
  20. ThePlayer

ThePlayer VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,425
    In what way, Ky?
    Is the fact that many blacks glamorize 'Purple Drank' in their music also news to you?