The Lynching

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by QGator2414, Jul 24, 2013.

1. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +738
  2. ufbeta

ufbeta VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +93
    Rather surprised that there haven't been any comments on this.
  3. gatorchamps0607

gatorchamps0607 Always Rasta Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,994
    Some probably haven't gotten their copy/paste comment and link to go with it from their party leaders. Rest assured they will be here soon once they get their relevant chain emails.
  4. GatorRade

GatorRade Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,181
    Personally, I was a bit disappointed that this thread wasn't about David Lynch.
  5. uftaipan

uftaipan Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,984
    I did not know any of that about the lean and liver damage. I wonder why the defense never covered any of that.
  6. Jaggator

Jaggator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +5,205
    Judge did not allow any of that to come into trial as she said it wasn't relevant to the case. Some of that he said in the video would be considered speculation and not hard evidence.
  7. wgbgator

wgbgator Sub-optimal Poster Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,180
    Not sure why "lynching" would be the go-to thread title if you want to discuss the apparently non-racial aspects of the case.
  8. Jaggator

Ratings Received:
    +5,205

Maybe because that's the name of the You Tube video.
  9. wgbgator

Ratings Received:
    +2,180
    So, he just copied someone else's bad idea.
  10. Jaggator

Ratings Received:
    +5,205
    That is just your opinion. Why would he take it upon himself to change the title of someone else's work?

You have not heard trial lawyers use the "lynch mob mentality" expression when it comes to the way media or others act before or after a verdict?
  11. kygator

kygator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +255
    His comments about the Arizona watermelon fruit juice cocktail and skittles were a bit misleading.
  12. GatorBen

GatorBen Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,477
    FYI, the only support for the idea that watermelon drink and skittles would make "lean" appears to all trace back to some random blog about this case.

I think the combination would typically be Sprite and Jolly Ranchers. "Watermelon juice and Skittles" doesn't sound like it would make a combination that would even be possible to drink given that 1. Skittles are gummy and probably wouldn't dissolve (Coricidin tablets - which the word Skittles is slang for - would and could conceivably go in a drink since they have DXM - the same ingredient as Robitussin - in them, but the actual candy Skittles I don't think would) and 2. Arizona's fruit drinks are so heavily flavored to start with that dissolving candy in them probably wouldn't change the flavor or color.

I'm not sure if this harebrained theory arose from someone mistaking the word Skittles as slang for pills with actual Skittles, or if it just got pulled out of someone's butt, but the idea that "any soft drink and any candy" (which is apparently what this is based on) indicates wanting to drink syrup is dumb.

And this is coming from someone who thinks the State had no business prosecuting Zimmerman and it was clear that the State couldn't prove that he had committed a crime.
  13. wgbgator

Ratings Received:
    +2,180
    I would assume you would want to avoid loaded words like "lynching" if you wanted to draw attention away from race, thats all. But you're right, that's my opinion, but don't expect to win any sympathy for Zimmerman by calling him the victim of a "lynching" after being rightfully acquitted for shooting a black kid.
  14. Lawdog88

Lawdog88 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,370
    I was more curious about the ladies' jewelry and burglary tools found in TM's backpack at school, which launched an internal police investigation allegedly about not bringing criminal charges out of school disciplinary matters.

Supposedly.
  15. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +738
    No he did what jag suggested...
  16. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +738
    Thanks for this insight.
  17. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +738
    Agreed.
  18. 92gator

92gator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,626
    Idk...there might be something to this. See:

http://www.recoverycorps.org/addiction/treatment/purple-drank/

Note the source: Recoverycorp.org --not exactly some whacko right wing conspiracy site.

[add on/edit]: I should add that I really don't know if AZ WM juice Iced Tea is carbonated or not, but if it is, I'd say it fits the bill for 'soda'.

....just say'n...there might be something to this.
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2013
  19. GatorBen

GatorBen Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,477
    It makes sense with Sprite or another crisp but not heavily flavored soda, but why would you add fruit flavored candy to a fruit juice cocktail that is essentially already an overpoweringly sweet syrupy drink though?

And it isn't carbonated. See http://www.shoprite.com/pd/Arizona/Fruit-Juice-Cocktail-Watermelon/23-50-fl-oz/613008720209/.

The idea that you would add gummy fruit candy to a fruit juice cocktail before adding cough syrup seems like a monumental stretch. I could see juice cocktail with Coricidin to get a DXM drink to robotrip on, and I could see candy with Sprite or Mountain Dew to mix with cough syrup, but I stand by thinking that this is either something that someone misinterpreted "skittles" about after seeing something somewhere about tripping on Coricidin or just flat out made up.

And I'm not sure why in the world it would matter a bit anyways. What exactly that is relevant to the case at all would carrying candy and juice prove, no matter what your ultimate intentions for the candy and juice were? I would have a problem with someone thinking that carrying even the classic Sprite and Jolly Ranchers was relevant to this case, much less this wholly manufactured "oh you might Robotrip or drink 'lean' by adding some sort of syrup to a can of fruit juice." I think I could make that contention about literally any kind of drink in the world someone was carrying if we're willing to go that far out on the ledge, but what someone that I didn't know was going to do with a drink (and I had no way of knowing that they were going to do it) literally could not be less relevant to whether a use of force against them was justified or not.
  20. AustinGator1

AustinGator1 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +679

You are forgetting the Robitusson. You need all three. Martin had two of the ingredients on his person and there were texts where he was discussing with others how to make it. That combined with the condition of his liver and I am guessing this wouldn't have been his first batch.