The Leftists Daily KOS Gets ObamaCare Bill: 'What the Hell Kind of Reform Is This?'

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by mocgator, Oct 16, 2013.

1. mocgator

mocgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +506
    This is just so much sweet music.... LOL.. Even the leftists are starting to get it.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/10/15/daily-kos-diarist-lashes-out-at-obamacare

Over at the hard-left Daily Kos, diarist Tirge Caps, who has a years-long history as a reliable left-wing Daily Kos diarist, lashed out at ObamaCare. After receiving a notice that said his monthly health insurance premiums will nearly double, Caps writes,

"I am canceling insurance for us and I am not paying any f*cking penalty. What the hell kind of reform is this?"

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/09/30/1242660/-Obamacare-will-double-my-monthly-premium#

My wife and I just got our updates from Kaiser telling us what our 2014 rates will be. Her monthly has been $168 this year, mine $150. We have a high deductible. We are generally healthy people who don't go to the doctor often. I barely ever go. The insurance is in case of a major catastrophe.

Well, now, because of Obamacare, my wife's rate is gong to $302 per month and mine is jumping to $284.

I am canceling insurance for us and I am not paying any ****ing penalty. What the hell kind of reform is this?

Oh, ok, if we qualify, we can get some government assistance. Great. So now I have to jump through another hoop to just chisel some of this off. And we don't qualify, anyway, so what's the point?

I never felt too good about how this was passed and what it entailed, but I figured if it saved Americans money, I could go along with it.

I don't know what to think now. This appears, in my experience, to not be a reform for the people.

What am I missing?

LOL.... Sweet music...
    • Like Like x 2
  2. GatorFanCF

GatorFanCF Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +621
    Very interesting find and read. Thank you. Welcome to adulthood, readers of Daily Kos.

I found this comment very instructive: "You can't blame Obamacare because you selected substandard insurance." WOW....again, the "party of choice" is ridiculing someone who made his decision with his own best interests in mind. Now that his choices are severely limited (you MUST have maternity coverage...) the commentor points the finger of blame not on restriction of options but at the columnist for purchasing "substandard" insurance.

Is this our future?
    You MUST educate your children through our schools...no "substandard" home schooling.
    You MUST purchase such-n-such a product because WE FEEL you need it (and the folks providing it are funding our campaign...but, we digress).
    You MUST NOT eat certain foods unless WE approve of them - localized farmers proving milk and cheese for 80 years with no issues nonwithstanding...they don't do it OUR way.

It seems to me that the beauty of today's world is that customization is becoming MORE and MORE available...type of car you drive, phone you use, food to eat, clothes to wear - my God, even 3D printing; YET, our Federal Government is requiring (effectively) one size fits all health care. To me, it's the understandable result of a failing system - Gov't = control, which is the opposite of freedom. Obamacare/DebtLimit/NoBudget are not the problems but just the symptoms of a disease known as centralized planning and control which will not work well in the future. Jobs are created today not by GM, IBM, GE but by small groups of people acting on their own. Communication is no longer provided primarily by ABC, CBS, NBC but by individuals interacting on their own (Twitter, for example). Our political system has not caught up - in this way the tribesmen of Afghanistan (who provide security for their people) are AHEAD of how we govern.
    • Like Like x 3
  3. philobeddoe

philobeddoe Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +224
    Hope it's true ............................................... I'll be LMAO @ the lefties!!!
    • Like Like x 1
  4. DieAGator

DieAGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +897
    One would think the entire left would call Obamacare what it is, a very poor replacement for the system we had. You would also think by now they would ask Obama is he was lying or terribly mistaken.
  5. mocgator

Ratings Received:
    +506
    A rep to you sir.
  6. MichiGator2002

MichiGator2002 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,722
    How dumb and gullible did people have to be to think ObamaCare would work even while nodding their head blithely as Reid or Obama would talk about it as just a first step? If it is going to work and be a solution, there are no other steps. That is what a solution is, that which solves the problem.
  7. mocgator

Ratings Received:
    +506
    Looters and myrmidons will believe what their masters tell them.

Now let's patiently wait for someone to post about Hillary 2016.
  8. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,274
    Lol... Her best bet to win is to promise to kill Obama-care.
  9. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,749
    crickets from the left
  10. LabraGator

LabraGator Member

Ratings Received:
    +86
    ...The kind that finally hits closer to home?
  11. DieAGator

DieAGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +897
    It's not really fair to think of all who expected Obamacare to be a good thing as "looters". I know a lady who is sick and cannot work(Lupas or a virus that degrades). She couldn't wait for Obamacare saying she'd have free healthcare. She believed what she was hearing from the media and our lying SOB President. Can you blame her? The problem is, her husband works but is uninsured. That means her only hope is Obamacare but it remains to be seen if they can even afford it with or without a subsidy. Even if it were free but carried a $4000 annual deductible they all but have to stop thinking about funding retirement just so they can pay Obama's immense tax.

There's absolutely NOTHING wrong with wanting affordable healthcare, and really nothing wrong with the government providing it through an efficient and solvent system. The problem is Obama clearly underestimated the government's ability to do that, or he was simply lying to entrap the American public in a system that gives the government more power but solves absolutely nothing.

When is effing media going to be honest about what Obamacare is(largest tax increase in US history), and call the President out on his historic miscalculations?
  12. Minister_of_Information

Minister_of_Information I'm your huckleberry Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +968
    Wait, you mean it isn't all unicorns and rainbows and cotton candy clouds?
  13. Gatorrick22

Ratings Received:
    +4,274
    ... and free everything for everyone.
  14. BobK89

BobK89 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +244
    He's not paying any ****ing penalty (tax)?

He fits right in with this administration.

Sent from my iPhone using GatorCountry
  15. tim85

tim85 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,016
    Listen, this is hurting people, I don't see any point in rejoicing, even if the people being hurt have brought this upon themselves. That type of mentality only reinforces a "Team R" or "Team D"-mentality, it makes people not want to admit they're wrong when they know the other side is going to act like a bunch of kids throwing sticks at them.

Secondly, I really think the ACA is a disaster, and the Republicans need to just get out of the way of this train, because it's coming off of the tracks sooner or later I believe and we're starting to see the sparks of the brakes failing to slow it down.
  16. Minister_of_Information

Minister_of_Information I'm your huckleberry Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +968
    You raise a decent point.
  17. Gatorrick22

Ratings Received:
    +4,274
    First point is well taken, but when you see Obama on TV already taking a victory lap in the media... touting his side and views... it's really difficult to justify being robotic without feelings, and taking it up the tail pipe.

Secondly, the ACA is a runaway train... with real living people on board. We cannot allow that train to wreck like that.
  18. philobeddoe

philobeddoe Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +224
    I think the laughter is directed toward the intellectual misfits and "takers" who supported Barry .... and are now surprised that they were duped. What's the old saying .... "be careful what you ask for"?
  19. tim85

tim85 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,016
    Believe me, I get it. Part of me feels like these people really deserve what they get, but in reality, I think they're just misguided and they're still fellow citizens of our country.

I'd be interested to hear some perspective from the left on this, though.
  20. mocgator

Ratings Received:
    +506
    I could care less if they are "misguided" or not. The democrat myrmidons have economically destroyed this country for future generations and are about to destroy our healthcare system. When do we hold these useless idiots accountable??