The left are still livid about the Zimmerman case!

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by PSGator66, Jul 24, 2013.

1. MichiGator2002

MichiGator2002 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,762
    Rush was just talking about a story in the Daily Mail that says the family Zimmerman helped rescue on I-4 is afraid to speak publicly because they are afraid of getting blown up on Twitter and in the press if they are perceived as making him seem at all heroic.
  2. neisgator

neisgator Belligerent Gator

Ratings Received:
    +106
    :grin:

I was like damn, you arent that old, Bill!
  3. gator85jd

gator85jd New Member

Ratings Received:
    +65
    Those on the left are masters of intimidation.
  4. DeanMeadGator

DeanMeadGator '63 Gator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +153
    Where is the concern from the left and the left-leaning media as to the horrific murder rate of blacks by blacks in Chicago, the absence of black fathers in families and the out of wedlock birth rate?
  5. JerseyGator01

JerseyGator01 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +538
    The fat white liberals that dominate the leadership of the Dem party/media are used to getting their way like spoiled brats. Their continuous temper tantrum is quite amusing to watch actually. So spoiled.
  6. gator996

gator996 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +15
    1. I have no anger....If I'm too blunt for you and you perceive that as anger that's your misunderstanding. I have no need to sugarcoat anything here. Someone want to discuss the racial history of this country...what is there to get angry about?

2. What the black community is so upset over is all of the issues that this case touches on.....

Racial profiling of young black men
    Gun laws and how more blacks are dying as we loosen them
    The system of jurisprudence and its bias for whites & against blacks historically
    Racism in general (in regard to reactions to Rachel Jeanteal & juror B37)

Many whites, like you, look at the case in a vacuum...like a single event.
    And, assume Blacks are primarily upset with the verdict.

Many black people have no faith in the legal system when it concerns blacks, especially in the state of Florida. So I don't think too many blacks were surprised by the outcome...disappointed, yes....surprised, no...

I know far more people, both black & white, who were more angry at the assumption of rioting by the city, state & national authorities & media than they were at the verdict.

Trust me, I think the verdict was wrong and there was more than enough to convict him of manslaughter but the state attorney sucks...

We saw it in the Casey Anthony case...

In general, the one thing I've learned is that the State sucks in high profile cases

But I digress....

When you see that the case was a singular event for many white observers for most blacks it touches on a lot of those "other" issues you were speaking of bil....

The reason why I don't trust a lot of conservative leaders when they bring up issues in the black community is that its quite apparent that they aren't sincere...

The new congressional caucus on black men & boys wasn't attended by one republican leader but they had no problem showing up on TV to ask "What is Obama doing about gun violence in Chicago?"

Many here complain about the NAACP, Sharpton, Jackson...but last week in Orlando there were NAACP meetings about black youth crime...would any of the conservatives here even consider attending?

With all due respect, even the way you framed your last statement goes a long way in exemplifying the problem...

Its not my problem.... or only the black communities problem...its ALL of our problem...

"Black" issues of gun violence, education, the legal system, family structure, economic opportunity CANNOT be resolved solely within the black community because the forces affecting those issues cross societal lines.

Guns is a perfect example...

Black leaders want to curb access to guns to lower black on black crime....

Conservatives want to debate the issue as 2nd amendment rights...
  7. gator996

gator996 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +15

You believe blacks haven't voiced their concern about all of the issues mentioned?

I can point to hundreds of speeches, meetings, marches in the black community addressing your concerns.

The real question is where are white people when these things occur?
    What have they done?

Can you name a speech, march, meeting the GOP has had about these black issues?

As a matter of fact the only people I know of that continually raise these issues and look for solutions are black leaders.

Can you name someone else for me?

:sick:
  8. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +515
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yswEJ81hnWA
  9. gator996

gator996 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +15
    I saw O'Reilly's show that night....

...my general impression was that he & Krauthammer never even got to the correct reasons why the issues occur...or what the solution is.

It all revolves around economic opportunity...when you have none you end up with people who don't give a f*ck about your rules of society...

In some instances, maybe rightfully so...
  10. jimgata

jimgata Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +619
    Murder rate has been reduced by 50% last 20 years. Violent crime has made a sharp decline. Murder rate by guns down 50% last 20 years. That doesn't seem like loose gun laws are increasing the murder rate.

I would like this country to reach a point where race or gender makes absolutely no difference in a person's life. Apparently just throwing money and passing laws won't do it .
  11. PIMking

PIMking New Member

Ratings Received:
    +895
    Because the OJ verdict was a travesty and the Zimmerman verdict wasn't because the state didn't show proof of murder. It's a travesty that a young man lost his life but the jury got that right unlike the OJ trail.
  12. gator996

gator996 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +15
    US crime rate at lowest point in decades. Why America is safer now.
    http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Justice/2012/0109/US-crime-rate-at-lowest-point-in-decades.-Why-America-is-safer-now

The crime rate for serious crimes, including murder, rape, and assault, has dropped significantly since the early 1990s in part because of changes in technology and policing, experts say

In the past 20 years, for instance, the murder rate in the United States has dropped by almost half, from 9.8 per 100,000 people in 1991 to 5.0 in 2009. Meanwhile, robberies were down 10 percent in 2010 from the year before and 8 percent in 2009.

RECOMMENDED: US crime rate down: six key reasons

The declines are not just a blip, say criminologists. Rather, they are the result of a host of changes that have fundamentally reversed the high-crime trends of the 1980s. And these changes have taken hold to such a degree that the drop in crime continued despite the recent recession.

Because the pattern "transcends cities and US regions, we can safely say crime is down," says James Alan Fox, a criminologist at Northeastern University in Boston. "We are indeed a safer nation than 20 years ago."

He and others give four main reasons for the decline:
    Increased incarceration, including longer sentences, that keeps more criminals off the streets.
    Improved law enforcement strategies, including advances in computer analysis and innovative technology.
    The waning of the crack cocaine epidemic that soared from 1984 to 1990, which made cocaine cheaply available in cities across the US.
    The graying of America characterized by the fastest-growing segment of the US population – baby boomers – passing the age of 50.

The data point to a persistent perception gap among Americans. Despite strong evidence of crime dropping over recent decades, the public sees the reverse. "Recent Gallup polls have found that citizens overwhelmingly feel crime is going up even though it is not," says Professor Fox. "This is because of the growth of crime shows and the way that TV spotlights the emotional. One case of a random, horrific shooting shown repeatedly on TV has more visceral effect than all the statistics printed in a newspaper."

In many police departments across the US, changes during the past decade or more are hard to overstate, say many law enforcement experts.

Technology has given detectives powerful new tools with which to analyze blood and DNA samples or other forensic evidence, for instance.

Computerized "hot spot" crime mapping has also helped police connect dots in ways that were more difficult before.

From pushpins to databases

"We used to put pins on a map to figure out what the patterns were and where to concentrate our limited resources," says Tod Burke, a former police officer in Maryland who now teaches criminal justice at Radford University in Virginia. "Now we have databases and computers. It's really gotten a lot more sophisticated."

Beyond technology, law enforcement personnel are much better educated and trained today than ever before, adds John Paitakes, professor of criminal justice at Seton Hall University in New Jersey. They've also benefited from leaders like William Bratton, who recast policing in Boston, New York City, and Los Angeles by applying the "broken window" theory posited by social scientist James Q. Wilson in 1982. The theory held that run-down and vandalized areas were more prone to serious crime than were areas kept in better order.
  13. madgator

madgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +403

Just need to relax and have some Purple Drank!
  14. gator85jd

gator85jd New Member

Ratings Received:
    +65
    I'm sure that's comforting to the families of the 700+ black teens murdered in Chicago since 2012. Or is that a segment of society you're going to ignore?
  15. Wormwood56

Wormwood56 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,209
    It's not economics. Blacks were poorer in the 1930s, 1940s and 1950 than they have been after 1965, yet their murder rate was far lower, as was the number of households without a father, number of drug abusers, level of violent crime, and on and on.

Try learning your history from someone other than pseudohistorian Howard Zinn or some agenda-ridden academic like Cornel West and John Hope Franklin...

El Paso is one of the poorest large cities in America, yet their violent crime rate is the lowest among all cities of 500,000 or more. San Antonio is also among the lowest.

It's culture that is the problem, not economics. O'Reilley and Bill Cosby are dead on. The Civil Rights Industry has no vested interest in fixing anything, because racial turmoil is what funds them and keeps them rich...
  16. bludigal

bludigal New Member

Ratings Received:
    +2
    it is an economic issue, so why the focus on race? Ever from either side?

But regardless off one's situation I don't think saying screw the laws against theft and violence is correct. Now screw the drug laws and try to make some money, I get that. Arcane laws that should be repealed, we should not be legislating morality.

But no excuse for theft or violence no matter how poor.
  17. baygator1

baygator1 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,599
    Please stop with the opportunity lie. Our President is black and the top law enforcement official in the country is black. Your color does not bind you to a predetermined fate in this country. You, by perpetuating the lie, are a big part of the problem.
  18. wargunfan

wargunfan Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +189
    OJ is still working on that from his jail cell.
  19. wargunfan

wargunfan Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +189
    And the leftist butthurt goes on and on.
  20. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +515
    How to create economic opportunity? Wait until you have a committed partner and the ability to support a family.

I did not watch the Kraut part of the show last night but the impression I got was OReilly would agree with that.