The left are still livid about the Zimmerman case!

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by PSGator66, Jul 24, 2013.

1. Row6

Row6 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +26
    All our opinions are irrelevant to the jury decision, which was not the subject of my comments. Nor have those specific comments been addressed by anyone, least of all you or MJW. I have invited both of you to do so and yet you both demur while continuing to hurl generalized insults. Step up to the plate or step out of the dialogue.
  2. MichaelJoeWilliamson

MichaelJoeWilliamson Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +497
    We could respond this way to every comment you make in this thread. And it would be true each time.

Time for you to move on.
  3. rivergator

rivergator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,596
    and then there's ...

link
  4. Row6

Row6 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +26
    How convenient for you that would be, after being challenged on statements you can't back up.
  5. Row6

Row6 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +26
    Dead or in jail. When?
  6. MichaelJoeWilliamson

Ratings Received:
    +497
    I, as well as countless others, have backed up every I have written in response to you regarding this trail. To ascertain that, all one needs is the ability to find the testimony of the trail on the internet and then to be able to read said testimony.

We encourage you to acquire those skills.

But absent that, perhaps it is time for you to move on.
  7. MichaelJoeWilliamson

Ratings Received:
    +497
    I also do not think the young man deserved to die. This in spite of what Will Munny said to the Schofield Kid in "Unforgiven."

I also think Zimmerman acted with incredible irresponsibility, maybe even criminal irresponsibility, in the way he behaved while carrying a deadly weapon. That said, I do not know enough about the laws to know what kind of criminal irresponsibility charge could have been levied against him. One that might have given the state a reasonable chance of conviction. Certainly not the two presented to the jury.
  8. bludigal

bludigal New Member

Ratings Received:
    +2
    So you ignore that I say that it is very possible that Zimmerman was guilty? There just was no evidence he was guilty. You know I like that idea that their has to be evidence you did something wrong before you go to jail or, used to be, got charged.

And yes, I think Martin's parents are getting treated in the press like rock stars for "how well they are handling all this and appealing for calm"

Why isn't anyone asking why was your kid in so much trouble> why were you such crappy parents? Is that not a valid question when a jury just found the guy who shot him innocent? Or is that not "PC"?

Come on, they are probably appealing for calm cause deep down inside they know their child and they know he probably did start the fight and just couldn't finish it.

If it was my child and I "KNEW" I raised him better than to start a fight in that situation, I sure as heck wouldn't be appealing for calm, I would be appealing for Zimmermans head on a plate.

Sorry, 12 months ago I was like this was a gross miscarriage of justice to let the press charge someone with a crime, a special prosecutor etc. But they went forward without any evidence of a crime and lost, and still people are upset with the decision?

Why aren't people upset with NBC for editing the tape, why won't peope admit maybe there is a way that Zimmerman is innocent? I admit he may have been guilty but there was no proof.

Sorry, if I let facts get in the way. Like it isn't stalking to follow someone and say you what you doing here? Or even if he walked up and used racial epithets on Trayvon, Trayvon still had no legal right to hit Zimmerman. So, again, until there was evidence of who started the fight the courts should have left it alone. maybe down the road Zimmerman would have slipped up, admitted he started the physical confrontation by grabbing him. Now it doesn't matter, not-innocent. Way to go special prosecutor.
  9. madgator

madgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +403

how come no one is upset about the fact that the government is being investigated for withholding exculpatory evidence?
  10. asuragator

asuragator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +5,995
    And how come no one is upset that Corey prosecuted a woman for shooting a warning shot at a man with a history of domestic violence, who is now serving 20 years?
  11. MichaelJoeWilliamson

Ratings Received:
    +497
    Why is that relevant to this case?
  12. LittleBlueLW

LittleBlueLW Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,042
    Because it doesnt perpetuate racism quite like the story of an angry white man gunning down an innocent black child in cold blood.
  13. Lawdog88

Lawdog88 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,630

Different facts, my friend.

I am no fan of Corey's and think she's a fraud, but I can see a prosecution in that case, no prob.
  14. Row6

Row6 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +26
    You made very specific statements that you said were the facts of the case. Some were disputed in trial by expert testimony and another was not proven without assuming GZ's word on it. When you asked that I elaborate, I did. You have since typed probably several pages of generalized comments critical of me without addressing these specifics. Until you either do or clam up I am content to note this fact as many times and for as long as you want. You can't back up the statements you claimed were fact.
  15. Row6

Row6 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +26
    You ignore the possibility that TM was reacting fearfully in what he perceived as self defense. We don't know how the physical altercation phase of the interaction began, though we do know that GZ did not identify himself or otherwise act to defuse a situation he created. You criticized TM for this and he wasn't the adult in the room or the one acting suspicious by following the other.

Why don't you lay off TM's parents. Their son is dead and they spoke for calm after the verdict. In fact the predicted riots by some on the right, who were already using them to criticize blacks, never happened. What's the beef?
  16. bludigal

bludigal New Member

Ratings Received:
    +2
    Cause we were all taught you don't discharge warning shots? We were taught to shoot what we are aiming at and not to wrecklessly endanger children.

Zimmerman shot the child he was aiming at.
  17. MichiGator2002

MichiGator2002 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,762
    Corey is probably going to convict the guy that ventilated an SUV because he claims to have seen a shotgun that wasn't actually there. I personally suspect a jury won't find his fear to have been a reasonable one, so he could be convicted of at least manslaughter.
  18. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +5,261
    Agree with this.

I don't know to what degree there is a criminal charge that fits. The only one I could come up with is Reckless Endangerment, and none of the legal eagles on here seem to support that (no specific disagreement, but no support either).

But there certainly wasn't enough evidence to support the murder / manslaughter charges.
  19. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +5,261
    I've had worse and delivered worse even just in pick up basketball and football games, let alone real fights. If that's the standard for justifiably killing somebody then there'd be hundreds of justifiable killings in playgrounds every day around the country.

A good part of his defense was that he was incapable of defending himself. I get that.

But let's not make his injuries more than they were. Which wasn't any more than most guys experience... without killing anybody or trying to kill anybody.

Okay. He was probably scared. We certainly have to assume he was scared as there is no evidence to the contrary and his defense made a huge deal about how he couldn't take on anything scarier than his shadow.

Except of course his ex-wife, and some undercover cop (who apparently must have been a midget, or had his back turned if we are to believe GZ's expert witness as to how non-confrontational GZ would be face to face). So, GZ does have a documented propensity for face to face altercations... perhaps only when he thinks he can win.

Could that propensity have extended to a rail skinny teenager he outweighed by almost 50 pounds?
    I agree with this based on the evidence presented.

I understand your take and certainly understand a shift in position to acquittal for GZ - we're in agreement on that.

We still don't know who initiated the altercation. Regardless of who initiated it, we really don't know that TM was trying to kill GZ or to what extent he was trying to cause "great bodily harm". Saying TM deserved to die is not warranted or supportable from my POV.

GZ gets the benefit of a doubt around the altercation and shooting, and I'm good with that from a legal standpoint. That's how the system is supposed to work when there is not enough evidence.

However, I really don't think it's appropriate for passive aggressive people who are incapable of physically defending themselves, running the streets with an attitude and a gun, looking for perceived "bad guys", and possibly starting altercations (based on past behavior) when they think they can handle the person in question.

Results of that behavior are quite predictable IMO.
  20. DaveFla

DaveFla Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +979
    And I don't think it's right for you or me to decide who is a 'passive aggressive person who is incapable (or even capable) of physically defending themselves, running the streets with an attitude and a gun looking for perceived 'bad guys', and possibly starting altercations (regardless of past behavior) when they think they can handle the person in question.'

I do find it odd that you, and others here, somehow feel its Zimmerman's fault for shooting Martin simply because he was unable to defend himself otherwise. Did you have the power steering in your car disabled? I mean, should you really be driving a car if you have to rely on power steering?