The Last Mystery Of The Financial Crisis

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by 108, Jun 25, 2013.

1. 108

108 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,247
    Rolling Stone and Matt Tiabbi with another in-depth article, full of email quotes between big banks and the 3 main ratings agencies, showing how the ratings agencies became a rubber stamp for toxic mortgages in the name of profits over integrity

To date, nothing has been done since the financial crisis to change the conflict of interest that ratings agencies have with their 'pay-for-play' model.

And nothing will change as long as we the people allow our elected officials to partake themselves in the 'pay-for-play' model known as campaign donations.

It's all a big scam from the top down

Link

2. GatorFanCF

GatorFanCF Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +942
    It must be VERY COLD in hell as I'm 100% in agreement with 108 on his post above. I don't trust big business; and, I don't trust big government: seems to be two sides to the proverbial corrupt coin.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +531
    There has been no doubt for quite a while in my mind that there are government leaders, rating agencies leaders and bank leaders that should be in jail...
  4. 92gator

92gator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +840
    Very interesting linked article...those rating agencies seem like great complanies to work for! (i.e.--not much by way of standards--just whore out the company's cred...).

...not so sure about OP's 'conclusion' though. Surely the insinuation is that their contributions are for the GOP (based on 108's rep), yet most of the GOP's current support base, came from the grassroots popoulist movement known as the TEA Party....and judging from the results of the '12 elections, whatever contributions these businesses are supposedly made to the GOP, pretty much went for naught.

(...unless that is, the bulk of their contributions went to the Democrat party).