The IRS Coverup Continues. Story ignored by the Liberal Press. Bravo Paul Ryan.

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by ncbullgator, Jun 20, 2014.

1. thedude60

thedude60 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +573
    My only problem is why the dems didn't have the ca hones to at least do something helpful when they found illegal activity. The truth will set you free and stop your hand ringing,,.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. dangolegators

dangolegators Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +851
    What illegal activity? To my knowledge, no criminal charges have been made yet. Let me know if otherwise.
  3. CHFG8R

CHFG8R Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,565
    I'm sorry, but they are now (or in the last 6 months) willfully destroying evidence. As egregious as this is, the blatent arrogance of this cover up are the real story now. This, now, rises only slightly above "the dog ate my homework" on the plausibility scale. What, literally, will it take to get a special prosecutor?
  4. CHFG8R

CHFG8R Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,565
    Again, 6 harddrives crashing, along with those in the server, and the backup and all subsequently destroyed? No more plausible than this? And, yeah, the whole thing starting to look like "Ratf---ing" if you ask me.

[​IMG]
  5. tideh8rGator

tideh8rGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +473
    If those e-mails could have vindicated lerner and the irs, they would have been splashed across the front page of every lib fishwrap in America and been the lead story on every single program or talk show on cnn, msnbc, cbs, nbc, abc, you name it. They would have been drilled into our heads by the media 24/7.

The fact that they were deep-sixed is prima facie evidence that they were incriminating. Don't even bother, ben and the rest of you shills, you KNOW I am right on this.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. surfn1080

surfn1080 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +232
    There is not a single email system that there is only one copy of an email.

For the emails to have been lost, they would have had to been deleted from the sending and receiving end plus the server that it is stored on.

There is always a middle server to handle the exchange. Most businesses pay for a Web host. Once you hit 20 plus employees, businesses start to use their own exchange servers. Either way, there is always another copy.

If all that took place and you still believe there is no foul play, then you would clearly follow Obama off a cliff.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. gatorman_07732

gatorman_07732 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +5,194
    The only reason you're holding back judgement is because of your ideology. If you don't think emails are backed up on servers then your simply technically challenged. This is something no reasonable person would challenge.
  8. g8orbill

g8orbill Gators VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +11,452
    does anyone really believe the IRS really is this inept- this agency tracks down years of tax evasion- even libs should be fearful of the corrupt ness of the organization that has so much influence on our lives and the agency that is charged with running obamacare
  9. OklahomaGator

OklahomaGator Moderator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,294
    My company has a network with at least 70 computers. I've never had a computer crash where the emails were not able to be recovered. A simple back up works. Now I couldn't go back 10 years and retrieve all emails because most non important emails are purged but I'm not required to keep them either, unlike the government.
  10. richmondgator81

richmondgator81 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +351
    ::fashions a hat from tinfoil::
  11. gatorman_07732

Ratings Received:
    +5,194
    It is virtual impossible for those emails to solely exist on those alleged hard drives.
  12. HallGator

HallGator Administrator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,590
    Most data is set to be backed at a predetermined period of time. Although I don't use it I do have Cisco certification and that was one of the things we covered in setting up and protecting networks. How often can vary but I don't buy this at all. It's possible that the man is telling what he knows about the truth but if so then someone is lying to him imo.
  13. gatorman_07732

Ratings Received:
    +5,194
    Actually, yes but emails are different. Emails are delivered from a server which means every time you receive an email it already exists somewhere else and does not need to wait to be backed up. There is no question they have an email server.
  14. jimgata

jimgata Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,339
    A major point being missed. The IRS did not reveal the emails were lost, destroyed or whatever you want to call it, until they were being forced to provide them. If they were lost 2 0r 3 years ago, the IRS didn't know it? The IRS's argument is total BS . Those that believe them, face up to reality.
    If the head of the IRS knew they were lost and he did not reveal it until asked, he is guilty of withholding info and his "sterling" reputation is destroyed. For what? To protect this administration.
    I didn't know lying was a communicable disease, but apparently it is, as all those becoming associated with Obama have turned to lying as a defense.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,843
    So ignorance is an excuse to further a criminal conspiracy.?
  16. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,843
    It probably crashed and was destroyed too
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. fredsanford

fredsanford VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,693
    What conspiracy? Where are the arrests?
  18. secgator

secgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,037
    Denial is a very ugly and sad thing.

If not denial, then it means one can't see what is staring them in the face because one has his head buried deep up inside something.
    • Winner Winner x 2
  19. gatorman_07732

Ratings Received:
    +5,194
    Now if the server is swimming with the fishes that's a different story
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. brainstorm

brainstorm VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,237
    I would like to think that the IRS techies would have used the IMAP protocol over POP3 since it keeps (and syncs) email with the client and the server. In other words, a person's email would exist in both places. With IMAP, her hard drive crash would have had no impact - replace her computer, reinstall her client (likely Outlook) and the system automatically syncs again. This protects against client hard drive crashes AND allows email server backup of all email. Great solution. I find it hard to believe (though it is possible) that the IRS was using POP3. (Microsoft only systems may use the MAPI protocol instead - similar concept). It truly makes little sense for the reasons I gave above - mainly, data security and ease in which you can make someone's email quickly and easily available to them when they have any replacement computer.

I am guessing it is rare that you cannot use one of the available techniques to recover data from a failed hard drive. We've done it in the past in certain situations where a remote user had not synced into the network and had their data backed up when the drive failed.

I tend to think this is an example of the IRS planning ahead - don't keep any records that might get you in trouble later. The drive failure excuse is about their only salvation if there is a law against destroying data within the IRS. (Some companies have a "three year policy" to limit liability).
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2014