Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

The Great Replacement

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by flgator2, Apr 30, 2024.

1. vegasfox

vegasfox GC Legend

Feb 4, 2024
    I don't have time to review your post right now but I bet you didn't find a quote showing Trump calling for the execution of the CP5. Just mpre of your patented spin ;)

2. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Here's the NY Times headline for the linked article:
    Trump Will Not Apologize for Calling for Death Penalty Over Central Park Five

Like I stated before, while Trump never explicitly called for the death of the Central Park 5, any idiot with half a brain knew exactly why and for whom Trump was referring to when he stated they should reinstate the death penalty. If you want an explicit statement, there isn't one. If you have half a brain, you know Trump called for the death of the CP5. Either way, keep your money. I don't want or need it.

3. vegasfox

vegasfox GC Legend

Feb 4, 2024
    My recollection is that Trump said the death penalty should be an option for people who kill. The CP,6 didn't kill anyone. I'll check it out later. Point is Trump never directly called for executing the CP5.

Trump's famois ad: BringBback the Death Penalty! Bring Back Our Police! conained a lot of words but not one word about the CP5..

People think Trump called Nazis and white nationalists "fine people." Never happened.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Here's a good explanation on the, "good people on both sides," quote. Trump later said the neo-Nazis should be condemned, but only after being asked about the "good people," quote.

Again, anyone with half a brain would realize where Trump truly stands. Especially after, in the last debate, Trump asked the Proud Boys to "Stand back and stand by."

And yes, Trump never explicitly called for the death of the CP5. But anyone with a half a brain knows why Trump called for the death penalty to be reinstated when he did. Defend Trump all you want. But I have a full brain and can see right through his BS.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. vegasfox

vegasfox GC Legend

Feb 4, 2024
    You're making a lot of unforced errors on this thread.

I believe the transcript in the Scott Adams tweet is Yrp's original statement. The text in the red boxes is comtext the media dishonestly left out in their reporting. Once again you've fallen for a phony Democrat narrative.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  6. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    When a protest is full of Confederate flags, swastikas, and other white nationalist symbols, how do you determine which ones are the "good people," and which are the neo-Nazis. And if you are a "good person," who is just there to protest the removal of a statue, do you march alongside the neo-Nazis and all their white supremacy symbols? Or, do you do the conscientious thing and remove yourself from the situation?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. sierragator

sierragator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    In their world of alternative facts, calling out their racism makes you intolerant. Did you not get the memo? ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. oragator1

oragator1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007

9. vegasfox

vegasfox GC Legend

Feb 4, 2024
    The nazis/klansmen could could potentially be leftists . (or feds)That's a tactic from Rules for Radicals (Saul Alinsky).

• Come On Man Come On Man x 2
  10. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Never take ownership, do we? Always moving the goalposts and making up excuse after excuse.

11. lacuna

lacuna The Conscience of Too Hot Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Redlands, Colorado
    Bots are greasy

12. lacuna

Apr 8, 2007
    Redlands, Colorado
    After double quoting AzCat the username vegasfox then posted this:
    After reading posts full of distortions and incorrect information posted under this moniker for several months I've noticed careless patterns and poor grammatical construction in a lot, or most of what this poster churns out on this board. The errors are different from the more familiar ones made by legitimate flesh and blood contributors to this forum. We can perhaps agree or disagree with them, but know they are real. With foxy here, I have doubts.

I googled my hunch and found articles addressing the question in articles published by Scientific American and The Washington Post.

How AI Bots Could Sabotage 2024 Elections around the World | Scientific American

How AI Bots Could Sabotage 2024 Elections around the World
    AI-generated disinformation will target voters on a near-daily basis in more than 50 countries, according to a new analysis

Hate speech, political propaganda and outright lies are hardly new problems online—even if election years such as this one exacerbate them. The use of bots, or automated social media accounts, has made it much easier to spread deliberately incorrect disinformation, as well as inaccurate rumors or other kinds of misinformation. But the bots that afflicted past voting seasons often churned out poorly constructed, grammatically incorrect sentences. Now as large language models (artificial intelligence systems that create text) become ever more accessible to more people, some researchers fear that automated social media accounts will soon get a lot more convincing.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2023/12/17/ai-fake-news-misinformation/

..... Having real and AI-generated news side-by-side makes deceptive stories more believable. “You have people that simply are not media literate enough to know that this is false,” said Jeffrey Blevins, a misinformation expert and journalism professor at the University of Cincinnati. “It’s misleading.” ....

.....The sites work in two ways, Brewster said. Some stories are created manually, with people asking chatbots for articles that amplify a certain political narrative and posting the result to a website. The process can also be automatic, with web scrapers searching for articles that contain certain keywords, and feeding those stories into a large language model that rewrites them to sound unique and evade plagiarism allegations. The result is automatically posted online.

NewsGuard locates AI-generated sites by scanning for error messages or other language that “indicates that the content was produced by AI tools without adequate editing,” the organization says....

.... Blevins said people should watch for clues in articles, “red flags” such as “really odd grammar” or errors in sentence construction. But the most effective tool is to increase media literacy among average readers.

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Interestingly although they love to demonize him the right has adopted Saul Alinsky's Rules for Radicals. I guess imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
    The Right loves to imitate and hate Alinsky

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. oragator1

oragator1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Semi related.
    But the same people who decry illegal immigration seem to have the hardest time accepting what it would take to stop it. This dude f’d around and found out, though I don’t know the ultimate disposition of the incident. Language.

15. philnotfil

philnotfil GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
  16. vegasfox

vegasfox GC Legend

Feb 4, 2024
    • Please give 1 or 2 examples where i've been wrong about anything. The reality is I've corrected several of AzCatFan's errors on this thread. I'm visually impaired which probably accounts for the grammatical errors. My OQ is in the top fraction of 1% and I have a high knowledge base on certain subjects. What looks like disinfo to you is juste not following phony narratives. As for the CP5, I listened to their confessions and I think they:the guilty. Contrary to what every other poster probably thinks about DNA evidence, I know it is subject to bias and interpretation . Check out an article by Linds
    Geddes in New Scientist
    Fallible DNA evidence can mean prison or freedom | New Scientist

Last edited: May 9, 2024
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. phatGator

phatGator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2007
    Dayton, Ohio
    Doesn’t matter whether anyone is for or against illegal immigration to see that this guy was an idiot. All he had to do was utter one word and he would’ve been on his way with no problem. I have no sympathy for this guy and hope he gets prosecuted.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    While DNA is not infallible, the fact the no DNA from any of the CP5 was discovered in the victim's rape kit while there was a match with the DNA of a convicted serial rapist who later confessed to the crime seems to be a rather strong indicator that there was no problem with the analysis of the DNA.

19. vegasfox

vegasfox GC Legend

Feb 4, 2024
    Of course. Those on the right criticize left-wing authoritarians like zObama but only right-wing sithoritarianism can beat it. Sorry about the grammatical errors.

20. lacuna

Apr 8, 2007
    Redlands, Colorado
    I could be wrong about this. I don't think I am.
    What is your affiliation, connection, or interest with the University of Florida and the Gators?