The GOP Can't Survive Without the Tea Party

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by mocgator, Oct 16, 2013.

1. HallGator

HallGator Administrator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,231 / 35 / -8
    While not arguing for abortion I could ask you how many of those unwanted children would grow up to be dependent on the government from birth?
  2. MichiGator2002

MichiGator2002 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +963 / 43 / -9
    Well, none, if we break the culture if dependence. "Dependent on the government from birth" is a lifestyle that should be made legally impossible, and ideally, socially unacceptable.
  3. HallGator

Ratings Received:
    +2,231 / 35 / -8
    That's a big "if." As it stands right now the answer would be a heck of a lot of them.
  4. corpgator

corpgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +547 / 39 / -5
    I'm glad someone admitted that they are opposed to abortions because it destroys too many minimum wage workers for our society to continue the way it has been.
  5. MichiGator2002

Ratings Received:
    +963 / 43 / -9
    Can't never did anything. Approaching the question as though being dependent on the government is not only an option, but not a problem that can even be addressed, doesn't help anything.

But count me among those who would say abortion has done far more, far more economic damage than not. Of the 50 millions exterminations, there would be some dependents, some inveterate criminals, but... much like the base rate in society... far more people doing jobs and creating jobs and contributing to the growth of our economy. And tell you what, when you have bet heavy on Ponzi-structured entitlement systems that need ever growing pools of new investors to pay the previous ones, voiding millions of eventual taxpayers is self-destructive.
  6. HallGator

Ratings Received:
    +2,231 / 35 / -8
    I never said anything about "can't" that was your injection. I am simply looking at the way things are right now which what I based my original question on.

The problem I see is people fight hard against abortion and then then many of them fight hard against giving money to support a lot of those who are not aborted. Whether we like abortion or not one does lead to the other quite often in this country. No doubt something needs to be done about it but you can't escape the logical extension of what I wrote.
  7. JerseyGator01

JerseyGator01 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +347 / 24 / -8
    I've worked in the pro-life movement and a charity that was involved in foster care. It is a major assumption to say they fight against supporting the poor. They fight most of the time against government waste that is ABSOLUTELY RAMPANT in non-profit organizations. There is very little to no accountability for government money spent in social services.
  8. HallGator

Ratings Received:
    +2,231 / 35 / -8
    If you don't believe there is a major push to cut back on food stamps and welfare payments then I'm not sure what to tell you. Once again, it is not that we don't need cuts so much as it is that many of those who are aborted would otherwise wind up in this group. The way things are in this country right now there is simply no avoiding it.
  9. JerseyGator01

Ratings Received:
    +347 / 24 / -8
    I don't know what to tell you. I stick by what I said. I've probably met a thousand pro-lifers and the stereotype is completely wrong.

The blubber in food stamp operations and the like is mind blowing. Their leaders have absolutely no interest in efficiency or effectiveness as the same groups who are ineffective year after year in bringing real change to their communities keep getting government grant increases. It would be laughable if it wasn't so sad. We are creating a culture where some government programs are preparing to provide for up to 60 percent of the population. There are programs in my community (many) that have been getting money for 30 to 40 years while not helping to bring any change in the community. The groups that actually bring change to a community get weeded out via lawsuits etc. initiated by the groups that don't want change.

You have to see the blubber to believe it. Meanwhile, Planned Parenthood keeps getting more and more government money for doing more and more abortions and fewer adoptions.
  10. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,873 / 66 / -30
    He never "injected" anything on these forums. :laugh:
  11. HallGator

Ratings Received:
    +2,231 / 35 / -8
    And I have talked to piles of conservatives who are pro-lifers as well as reading no telling how many posts on the matter. Once again conservatives and cuts in social programs go hand-in-hand. This is not necessarily a knock on them but it is the truth.
  12. gatorpa

gatorpa Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +271 / 9 / -1
    Afraid I agree, and more stupid ones vote than intelligent ones to be sure.
  13. gatorpa

Ratings Received:
    +271 / 9 / -1
    Ya kinda twisted what he said there, just a little.
  14. rivergator

rivergator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +756 / 45 / -13
    So more people inevitably produce a healthier economy? How about bringing in more immigrants, then?
  15. gatorpa

Ratings Received:
    +271 / 9 / -1
    Do it the the legal channels.
  16. gr82b

gr82b Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +28 / 1 / -0
    Certainly, if done in a reasonable manner, immigration will help the tax base and economy. The TP has a good point in insisting on a modicum of control over the border before resolving the issue of the 10-12 million illegal aliens living here. Immigration from India and China may prove more helpful.

We have a huge drug and organized crime problem with the Mexican border that needs real attention before it becomes a full fledged national security crisis.
  17. JerseyGator01

Ratings Received:
    +347 / 24 / -8
    It's all about the worker to retiree ratio, which has plummeted thanks in a large part to Roe v Wade and people having fewer kids as well. Other governments are begging people to have kids abroad. No so much in the enivrowhack dominated US.
  18. fredsanford

fredsanford VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +398 / 107 / -40
    Wow, that is wacky.

If the worker ratio is too low, it is because American jobs have been offshored. Other countries need wage slaves to perform the jobs American factory workers once performed.
  19. g8orbill

g8orbill Gators VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +5,374 / 144 / -35
    Shab while some jobs have indeed gone over seas it is not the reason for the high unemployment

Our economy led by your boy is the reason
  20. MichiGator2002

Ratings Received:
    +963 / 43 / -9
    The only need for so much immigration is that, as mentioned, we have taken the idiot path of simultaneously stabbing our own population growth in the neck (all too often literally, heh) but having built a state entitlement system that can't pay out without a constant flow of new saps paying in (a scam).

Economy's not only don't grow without people, they don't exist without people. Economic growth is a numbers game as much as it anything else.