The funniest bumper sticker ever...

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by mocgator, Jun 17, 2013.

1. ironhead1

ironhead1 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +366
    I served....have you?
    • Like Like x 1
  2. DaveFla

DaveFla VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,026
    Yes he has... He delivered a pizza to my house just about 10 minutes ago.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. PIMking

PIMking New Member

Ratings Received:
    +894
    Well unlike your idol in Obama, At least Bush served his country.

Btw York was called into duty by the draft... He did a great thing
    • Like Like x 1
  4. oldgator

oldgator Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +139
    "Am I reading your post correctly and you are calling men who SERVED in the military "CHICKEN HAWKS" because of where they were assigned for duty by their superiors???"

Both Chuck Norris and Clint Eastwood were very able bodied males. It was common during those years for men(real men) to seek combat duty than evade it.

Prime example are people such as Bush Sr(who lied to get into military service when he was 16 years of age).

There is a list I posted in another thread on this board listing actors who served in military during WWII--about half of those on that list enlisted and sought combat duty. Others such as Charles Durning and Don Adams were wounded or medically incapacitated in combat zone and given ok for release from military for medical reasons---they chose to remain in military service. Many on that list were already established actors in Hollywood, older than draft age....and enlisted even though there was no requirement to do so....

Vast majority of actors serving in military during WWII were liberal democrats..with a number of them continuing as liberals the rest of their lives.

chicken hawks are those people who talk big and avoided combat duty.

THat is why I respect Bush Sr but not Bush Jr. Though Bush Jr served i military he was deliberately sheltered in a guard unit that had zero chance of going to combat(the air guard unit only had aircraft the military had already taken off list of aircraft for combat). That unit was a shelter for fortunate sons(sons of Dem politicians as well as GOP politicians who sheltered their boys from combat)

so yeah, they may have served in military but chicken hawks are not heros

Charles Durning, Henry Fonda, James Stewart, Don Adams stayed pretty active as liberal democrats for their life after serving in military.

And they were certainly targeted by McCarthy and GOP during the McCarthy witch-hunt. they were liberal democrats targeted by GOP cons.

suggest you look into the history if you doubt me
  5. PIMking

PIMking New Member

Ratings Received:
    +894
    Old there is a button that says "quote" click on it and it will make a nice little quote box for you so it makes it easier to understand where your garble starts
  6. secgator

secgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,039
    In that same light about the old time dems from bygone days....you take a real liber democrat and via time machine, put him back during those times when folks like Henry Fonda, James Stewart, etc were considered 'lib dems'---you know what even THEY would call someone like Hussein, Pelosi, Reid, etc........

Communists.

For someone to even try and compare a Dem of that day to one of today....wait until you at least get finish middle school before you speak again. Utter ignorance to try and correlate or compare the two eras of "liberal Democrats". Not even in the same league.
  7. vangator1

vangator1 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +163
    I'm sure the OP was tongue-in-cheek.
  8. texigator

texigator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +499

So what if they are not "heroes". MOST of the men who served in the military during wartime were not "heroes", but put themselves in a position to be called upon for WHATEVER THEY WERE ORDERED TO DO and to go WHEREVER THEY WERE ORDERED TO GO.

You have yet to address the FACT that YOUR OWN BELOVED PRESIDENT IS THE BIGGEST CHICKENHAWK OF ALL.

OBAMA DIDN'T EVEN SERVE IN THE MILITARY, yet the pompous arrogant S.O.B. felt qualified to serve as Commander-in-Chief and send thousands to their deaths on his orders (and I'm not just talking about the Americans on Obama's Kill List). We are STILL in Afghanistan and people are STILL dying, OVER FIVE YEARS AFTER YOUR CHICKENHAWK PRESIDENT took office.

How you can denigrate the service of two veterans because they didn't volunteer for combat is PATHETIC.

When did YOU serve, oldgator?

And like another poster wrote, yesterday's liberal Democrats are today's moderate Republicans. I am quite sure that most of those "liberals" back then wouldn't support the Nanny State that has been constructed today by your "liberal activists".

And, for the record, I saw that chompalot and rivergator both posted after me, but I have them in "Ignore" and don't know and don't care what they wrote about me, if I were the topic of their posts. Chompalot has claimed before to be a veteran. I'm not convinced. Gays haven't been openly allowed in the military until very recently.
  9. fredsanford

fredsanford VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,693
    Today's pubs are back then's John Birch Society fringe loons.
  10. The_Graygator

The_Graygator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,037

:laugh:

Much like the obese woman I saw in Wal-Mart the other day wearing a faded 2008 Obama-Biden t-shirt three sizes too small for her and buying groceries ahead of me.

She pulled out an orange government-style envelop which must have had at least $1,500 in $100's in it but instead, pulled out one of those food stamp sheet thingies out of the envelop to pay for all her food... and all the while?

she was talking on one of those flip-top Obama phones while she was checking out.

no, I'm not kidding... those Obama phone are all over town where I live. I saw a guy talking on them up town where? At the liquor store where about three or four dozen perfectly fit, low-life, lazy-@ss, won't-work-for-anything bums stand around drinking up their monthly govt. checks at the taxpayers' expense.
  11. g8orbill

g8orbill Gators VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +11,465
    LMFAO
  12. The_Graygator

Ratings Received:
    +3,037
    Funny that chomp tells someone to "shut their pie hole" about military service while he consistently defends a "president" who's administration just cut off hot meals to our troops deployed overseas, harasses our vets into not speaking out how they feel, or punishes vets for flying American flags in their front yards.

Perhaps Obama's biggest hypocrisy about our military is that whenever he's speaking to them he's always promising them "everything they'll need to win" while he's cutting and cutting and cutting vital military spending/budgets needed to win the war against terror and protect our troops.

Defending this joke of a "president" who has zero respect for our military is nauseating to say the least.
  13. rivergator

rivergator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,336
    did you? Or Bill?
  14. finorman

finorman Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +87
    Cpl. Alvin York was a liberal or a liberitarian? He was deeply religious, self sufficient, hard working, and believed in earning what you get....democrat maybe, but so were Strom Thurman and George Wallace.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. scamgtr

scamgtr VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +296
    Relax, he works for the NSA. So watch your tone.
  16. chompalot

chompalot Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +489
    I tell ya, the fits of anger that has been displayed on this forum by some of the so-called military men would definitely be a type of behavior that would be considered detrimental to the unit. I'd even have to go on to say, given such a consistent display of such fits, that that individual might be consider unfit for duty. I mean, a military man that is unable to control their anger on this forum, Lord help him when he gets on the battlefield. One needs to be cool, calm, and collected, and that's something that's lacking on here by some of those who claim to be former military men.

The righties on here glorify the antihero-types like Cheney yet, when it comes to acknowledging true heroism, all they desire to do is some swiftboating.
  17. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +5,914
    That sticker deserves and big green loogie.
  18. The_Graygator

Ratings Received:
    +3,037

This sign is directed at mulsim radicals btw.
  19. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +5,914
    :huh:
  20. FearNoSpear

FearNoSpear Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +465
    This