The Football Coaching Staff is Set for 2018.

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by NOLAGATOR, Jan 11, 2018.

1. DoctorGator

DoctorGator GC Legend

Ratings Received:
    +1,341
    Disagree. Mac and his staff, for the most part, deserved each other.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. DoctorGator

DoctorGator GC Legend

Ratings Received:
    +1,341
    Agree. Also, I like having former head coaches on the staff. I think they bring a unique perspective to the process.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Notoriousgator

Notoriousgator GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +5,907
  4. Notoriousgator

Notoriousgator GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +5,907
    I think English is a steal too. He recruited several monsters at Michigan in Donovan Warren, Steve Schilling, etc... and on top of being a great recruiter he has 4 or 5 years head coaching experience even though it was at lowly eastern Michigan.

Mullen did what he needed to do in keeping jajuan. That's huge as several kids name him as a primary reason they're considering UF. (Or signed with)

Brian Johnson has already paid huge dividends as he's credited with reeling in Emory. (Although Dan already had a relationship with him)

Billy G is...well, Billy g. He's one of the best in the business.

Christian Robinson- I love the fact that he's only 27. He's still very relatable for these kids.

Not on the list above is Nick savage. He sounds like a great SC coach. Ambitious, very motivated, energetic, etc...

I'm happy with the new staff and that's all that matters to me! Lol
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. themistocles

themistocles GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +3,177
    Of course, when things change and The New Broom Sweeps Almost Clean (Seider remains), Fans & Supporters are always going to be positive about the new coach's choices in order to avoid cognitive dissonance.

The thing about football is that in coaching change situations, you get a pretty quick read on both recruiting and performance due to the Feb LOI date, and the Spring Practice, which will give some idea of what's to come with those already on the roster and EE's.

Yes, and clearly, Miss St had one of the best coaching staffs in the country. This may well be true, as it is exceedingly difficult to recruit top quality players to Starkeville. Not quite as bad as Podunk, Kansas, but very similar.
  6. The_Graygator

The_Graygator GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +13,386

Ive pointed out poor staff hirings plenty of times before, especially Nussmeier, who I said who make or break Mac when he was hired.

That said, I like this staff a lot. Don't really have a problem with any of them like I did with Mac's first hirings.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. secgator

secgator GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +7,331
    Central America gets lots of the "loser" shirts from hot market. I know back in 06 when I was repping probably the best hot market company in the business--they had it down to a perfected science--we shipped loads and loads of tOSU National Champs shirts to Nicaragua, Honduras, Belize, and Venezuela. You can't imagine how many shirts and caps ended up down there. I think we shipped the fleece stuff to eastern Europe--not a big demand for hoodies and 11 oz fleece down in Belize & such.;)

Our rep for Ohio hated it too. He had already counted on his commissions since he just KNEW Buckeyes were going to win. My orders for Gators smoked his tOSU orders anyway, and I just kept smiling all the way to the bank thinking about all those thankful, grateful(seriously) central American kids sporting Buckeye loser shirts.:p
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. blkwtr

blkwtr GC Legend

Ratings Received:
    +55
    Good staff with solid recruiting backgrounds. Look forward to Coaches who can actually develop players and recruits.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. tussgator

tussgator GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +166
    Heck yeah, they don't know any better, they just think it's a cool American Sports team shirt, for free even.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,762
    I am concerned about the linebacker coach, but only because on paper he is so inexperienced. I have no idea how good of a talent developer he is. The other concern is Hevesy, because I have read on these boards that he is not an ace recruiter. We had Summers who was a good OL coach but a poor recruiter, so I have my concerns there.

I look forward to seeing the recruiting results In Feb. and of the play starting in September, where we will all get a good idea of where we stand. Moreover, to be honest, I already have a much higher degree of confidence in this staff thank ever had with the past 2 regimes.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. fox

fox GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +5,052
    A dream: they all real professionals who need little sleep, are in great shape, can pay attention to every detail with intensity, love recruiting as much as they do teaching, love UF, love working together, have a great sense of humor, enjoy the game most of all, and have a wild side.
  12. mulegator

mulegator Swamp Gas Mod VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +11,265
    Florida head coach Dan Mullen completed his inaugural coaching staff on Thursday with the hiring of Ron English as the Gators' safeties coach. In addition, Mullen announced the position assignments of his 10 assistant coaches.

Below are the list of position assignments for Florida's 2018 coaching staff:

Both Seider and Robinson are serving in these specific roles for the first time in their coaching careers.

http://floridagators.com/news/2018/...en-announces-assistant-coach-assignments.aspx