The Difference Between Meyer And Muschamp...

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by DeBigLeezard, Jan 16, 2014.

1. GCNumber7

GCNumber7 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +934
    You don't seem to be a 'facts' kind of guy, but here's one anyway. Mullen didn't even run the offense you keep attributing him. The OC was Mike Sanford.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. 95Gator

95Gator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,923
    What part don't you get? I'm guessing the Brantley comment because the uninitiated think that Brantley is at best a possible decent QB but it's not true. If he is adapted well or learns to stay safe in the pocket he will be a maniac. But if you don't believe the people that professionally observe these things than you won't believe me.
  3. Jaggator

Jaggator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +5,205
    True. Two names that come to mind are Mack Brown & Bobby Bowden that won championships.
    Some might throw Les Miles in the group as well.
  4. GCNumber7

Ratings Received:
    +934
    What he means is that if you look past the national championships, SEC championships, undefeated seasons, amazing recruiting, terrific winning percentages, incredibly quick turnarounds and his ability to assemble dominating teams that are great in every facet of the game, Meyer is just an average coach. Got it?
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. 95Gator

Ratings Received:
    +2,923
    Umm he was the qb coach at bowling green and Utah and was OC at UF and was instrumental in developing the Alex Smith Utah offense and Tebow stated that weighed heavy in his decision to Florida.

Those are facts.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. jaxgator1991

jaxgator1991 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +583
    im just messing you man. i respect you're opinion, honestly trying to remember how it got to this point in the thread lol. Champ vs Urban, the better philosopher, your opinion. GO!
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  7. 95Gator

Ratings Received:
    +2,923
    I have said many times that Meyer is a great coach. The kind of coach that assembles the talent and the coaching talent. Without him we don't get all those things but I just look at it as a lesser quality than a coach who can do that and is also a good coach so you can weather the times between when you don't have the coaches. When Adazio was running the offense it wasn't because Meyer didn't want to, that was a lie. It's that Adazio is more knowledgable about how to call and design offenses than he. Process that.
  8. GCNumber7

Ratings Received:
    +934
    Fact: He was a QB coach
    Fact: Mike Sanford ran the offense and called the plays
    Your opinion: Everything else
    • Like Like x 1
  9. 95Gator

Ratings Received:
    +2,923
    Because I can't stop posting while I watch Sesame Street with my daughter. Lol.

I can be a bit opinionated and I sometimes can't stop myself for some reason. I accept all the blame because I am being very vocal in this thread. :( thanks for the kind post.
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. 95Gator

Ratings Received:
    +2,923
    There is zero opinion in what you quoted. You literally rewrote what I said and than said the refs is opinion. How can quantifiable things be subjective? There is zero opinion in what you quoted. Friggen twilight zone. Mike Sanford had zero to do with anything I'm saying here and I never said that Mullen was the OC anywhere but Florida but it's not an opinion that he helped develop the offense at Utah or that Tebow wanted to be at that offense. Those are all quantifiable facts.

I'm not trying, contrary to what people seen to think, to discredit Meyer. I'm just giving perspective to what his qualities actually are. He is smart enough to have Mullen and San.

So I challenge you to find one opinion in the "everything else" comment you made abhor what you quoted from me. I'll pay you $1000 if you can quote one opinion in there. Even if I have a fact wrong, which I don't there is nothing resembling an opinion in what I wrote unless Tebow didn't actually say that Mullen was a big reason which he did and is qualifiable. You can disagree with me but you don't need to be jerky and say I'm just typing conjecture and opinions in a post when there is zero opinion. Sort of negates you as a rational person when quote no opinion and call then all opinion.

You know what an opinion is right? It's a thought based on your own experiences and knowledge not actual things that just are. Lol.
  11. 95Gator

Ratings Received:
    +2,923
    I thought it was absolutely horrible and grounds for his dismissal.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. the_alphagator1906

the_alphagator1906 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +288
    Me too, that was a last chance to get Charlie Strong. Muschamp may actually work out but I think Strong will be great at Texas and he would be just as "loyal" to us as Muschamp would be IMO. The difference between the two? I don't see Strong losing to a GSU team. I just don't.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. 95Gator

Ratings Received:
    +2,923
    I agree. Many theorize it came down to the buyout. We didn't need to give him that much after the luke warm sugar bowl year. That said, I am happy we have him. His upside is huge.
  14. 95Gator

Ratings Received:
    +2,923
    I just want to say with all of my feather ruffling, I appreciate nobody giving me negative rep. I'm very vain and that's the equivalent of a GC zit.

I wonder if Bianchi feels like I do right now all the time. Doesn't feel bad, I just feel like I have an asinine sense of self actualization. Comparing myself to that asshat is an admission of possibly being wrong on every post I've made over the last hour.

Hey Bianchi if you happen to read this, comparing myself to you made me reevaluate everything about myself as a husband and father. You're a terrible journalist. <--- and with that I have hope that some stuff was right because that was.
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2014
    • Funny Funny x 2
  15. GCNumber7

Ratings Received:
    +934
    "was instrumental in developing the Alex Smith Utah offense"

Please quantify this statement? You can pay me via paypal. It will come in handy since I'm buying a new fridge.
  16. 95Gator

Ratings Received:
    +2,923
    I have read this and will search it out. But okay is that your only "everything else"?? Cause that's just one thing you realize so listing all the things and putting one thing as everything else is at best manipulative and in reality wrong.
  17. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +8,382
    I'm with you on Muschamp having to prove himself after last season. He needs to produce a consistently strong team to be HC at UF.

As far as the nice guy thing goes, Stoops, Mack Brown, Miles, Paterno, Coker... are all nice guys (I think), who've won it all. While SOS is a smart ass and very competitive, he seems like basically a good guy. Richt has won the SEC and a few East division titles. Not a national championship, but he has been very successful. Beamer at VA Tech similarly at that level.

Billy D for hoops. Or how about John Wooden - most successful team sport coach of all time.

You don't have to be an a-hole to win. You have to be a leader, a competitor, smart, tough and surround yourself with the right people.
  18. GCNumber7

Ratings Received:
    +934
    Your words:
    So I challenge you to find one opinion in the "everything else".
  19. 95Gator

Ratings Received:
    +2,923
    Okay this was off a quick search so you don't go big that new tv just yet. There is more to it. Read a whole article on it.

This should serve for now. If you want more info, you look. I'm not the one that said I just stated a bunch of opinion.

Also, since you don't seem to understand the difference between fact and opinion, even if I was wrong, which I'm not, it would not render my incorrect fact an opinion.

You see an incorrect fact is not an opinion. And a correct fact is definitely not an opinion. The only reason I offered that $1000 is because I read the quote and saw that there was no opinion listed even if each bullet was wrong.

But they are all right. So you were sort of snotty and wrong all at once. Nice!

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/2010/dan-mullen-mississippi-state-football-coach/
  20. 95Gator

Ratings Received:
    +2,923
    You failed as soon as you wrote that. "I am walking on the moon right now" is not an opinion. A fact is a quantifiable event that can be a true one or not. Again, opinion is not an incorrect fact.

An incorrect fact is not a fact but it's also not an opinion. When being snide, you should have a basic understanding of the rather sophomoric definitions of the words you are arguing.

I enjoyed discussing m theory earlier. Arguing a point with someone that is being rude and wrong by definition is just frustrating.