The Black Panthers want Zimmerman Killed

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by montyw64, Jul 14, 2013.

1. Matthanuf06

Matthanuf06 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +17
    Where did I call you stupid?
  2. rivergator

rivergator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,894
    'dense' mean something else?

like I said, since you understand little of the subject, I would suggest actually reading and thinking about it before throwing out insults.

that's why I asked you where in the Holder video (which you didn't offer as evidence, just jumped on it when someone else did) he mentioned blacks? (you couldn't answer, of course, because he didn't.) If you actually watched (which I'm guessing you didn't) and understood it, you would see what he was talking about.
  3. DaveFla

DaveFla Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +979
    /irony
  4. Row6

Row6 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +26
    "As of 2009, the NBPP claimed a few thousand members organized in 45 chapters, while independent estimates by the Anti-Defamation League suggest that the group is "much smaller" but is nevertheless able to attract a large turnout of non-members (some of whom "may not even realize what this group actually stands for") to its events by focusing on specific issues of local interest.[12]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Black_Panther_Party
  5. Row6

Row6 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +26
    Lots of white people think Trayvon got what he deserved. Some of them are regular posters on TH.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. DaveFla

Ratings Received:
    +979
    I've seen you make this statement a couple times now, and want to see you clarify it.

Yes. It is true that as Trayvon began beating Zimmerman's head against that concrete sidewalk, to the point here he believed that it was either he (GZ) or Trayvon who would be killed, then yes. Trayvon absolutely got what he deserved.
  7. orangeblueorangeblue

orangeblueorangeblue Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,878
    I think it's entirely possible that neither GZ nor TM 'got what they deserved' and sometimes awful things just happen. Both were reacting in a situation that unfolded in an entirely unintentional way.
  8. Row6

Row6 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +26
    Thanks for confirming your approval of the killing of a teenager who had no prior police record - as did GZ - and who had managed to make it to the store and back without attacking anyone until he met a guy stalking him in the dark. You have no idea how it started or whether TM acted in his own perceived self defense.

I think that's despicable.
  9. DaveFla

Ratings Received:
    +979
    If you choose to twist my words to suit your own agenda, then there is no hope for you.

BTW. How do you know Martin had no police record? You do realize, don't you, that at age 17, any records he may have had would be sealed? Furthermore, neither TM's nor GZ's past have any bearing on this case.

You're off the rails, Row. You should take some time away from your computer. Really.
  10. Row6

Row6 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +26
    No records but black. Something fishy there.

Of course their past has something to do with the real world understanding of what happened. You and I aren't on a jury where we can't think about these things.
  11. Matthanuf06

Matthanuf06 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +17
    It doesn't mean stupid. It means you have an ideology, agenda, philosophy, political leanings, or whatever you want to call it and you only seeing what you want to see. In a sense it's confirmation bias. You have a narrative and you ignore anything that doesn't fit that narrative.

My advice, which I doubt you want, is to recognize that ideologies are not perfect. There will always be a scenario that tests the bounds and that doesn't fit perfectly within it. More so, people of all walks of life are fallible. They make mistakes. Whether its conservative or liberal or anything in between.

Holder clearly said the legislation was for people within groups that have been victims of prejudice in the past. Therefore that excludes white straight males. Any other interpretation is intellectually dishonest. I think that's a joke and bad policy. Id imagine most would agree if they looked at it objectively. Does that make Obama or Holder bad people? Does it invalidate the liberal ideology? No. It just makes them wrong in this case.

I get defending your guys. There just is a difference between defending them because you agree with them and they are being unfairly sought out, and defending them when you don't know all the facts and are just defending them because they are your guys.
  12. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +702
    Can you provide the exact quote that made you take the "logical" leap to hate crimes excluding white males? Not stretching interpretations but words that were actually said by Holder. Thank you in advance.
  13. rivergator

rivergator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,894
    Given that I was responding to these falsehoods:

Obama called the case a hate crime!
    Holder said black people can't commit a hate crime!
    Obama called for protests over the verdict!
    Obama said all kinds of bad stuff about the trial!
    Obama and Holder called for vigilantism over the verdict!
    Obama is inciting violence and undermining our judiciary!

I'm not sure that my partisanship is exactly the problem.
    As far as Holder, yes, I know exactly what he said. And it did not validate your claim. That was my point. He's talking about victims, not perpetrators.
  14. Lawdog88

Lawdog88 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,989

If a perpetrator of an aggravated battery is killed in the commission of the crime, it is unfortunate, but excusable.

That's what happened . . . on the ground in this case.
  15. Row6

Row6 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +26
    More unfounded claims by the resident clairvoyant.

You don't know that.
  16. Lawdog88

Lawdog88 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,989

Everybody does, except you.
  17. Row6

Row6 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +26
    I'm sorry, but they don't.
  18. jimgata

jimgata Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,077
    Why do so many people think by just saying something ,it is true. They won't accept a jurys verdict, which they made, based on the evidence given in court, but want everyone to accept their made up versions of what happened as truth. They want Zimmerman to serve 20 years in prison for something they think and not what they know. Just because Trayvon was 17 and the son of someone,it is not reason enough to send one to prison. Proving one was guilty of murder2 or manslaughter is the only reason to send Zimmerman to prison.
    Being a scumbag, a wannabe cop or a dumbass is not a reason for a prison term. Proving one is guilty of the crime charged is the only legal reason for prison.
    Just shut the country down and forget the rule of law if our judicial system starts convicting, by people merely stating one is an a**hole or one doesn't like him or he is dumb. The dumb part would put half the population in prison.
  19. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +702
    I would agree that people should only go to jail with enough evidence, which clearly was not determined by this jury (which should be respected). At the same time, you also have to admit that there is a reverse form of this effect on this very board. We have people stating with certainty that Martin was committing an aggravated assault. Similar effect, both wrong, and why I did not participate in the Martin trial threads. Both sides of those debates threw out assumptions and certainty about a night in which there is clearly contradictory evidence of what exactly happened.
  20. DaveFla

Ratings Received:
    +979
    Yea... They do...