The Black Panthers want Zimmerman Killed

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by montyw64, Jul 14, 2013.

1. rivergator

rivergator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,915
    you're still really claiming that after it's been explained to you more than once? you can't claim ignorance anymore.

how did the DOJ do that?

in a sane world, you would post facts, not falsehoods
  2. PITBOSS

PITBOSS Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +9
    There it is. "However". Actually was expecting "but".
  3. MichaelJoeWilliamson

MichaelJoeWilliamson Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +497
    You really, really need to learn to bing or google. You often take others to task to "prove" thing when a 5 minute search can yield for you the results you need.

To wit;

http://araceagainsttime.blogspot.com/2009/06/attorney-general-holder-whites-not.html
  4. rivergator

Ratings Received:
    +1,915
  5. MichaelJoeWilliamson

Ratings Received:
    +497
    Don't know. But Attorney General Eric Holder settled Hackel's question of whether hate crime laws protect whites: they don't.
  6. MichiGator2002

MichiGator2002 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,405
    Sure they do, but not for violence motivated by their race. If they are gay, for instance.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. rivergator

Ratings Received:
    +1,915
    you might go back and look at the claim we were discussing.

As I've said, that's just one of the falsehoods conservatives have thrown out in the past day or two:

Obama called the case a hate crime!
    Holder said black people can't commit a hate crime!
    Obama called for protests over the verdict!
    Obama said all kinds of bad stuff about the trial!
    Obama and Holder called for vigilantism over the verdict!
    Obama is inciting violence and undermining our judiciary!
  8. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +717
    There is not a single quote in that article. It is the very epitome of an echo chamber, in which a questionable source is quoted by a questionable source, and, at no point, does anybody actually provide the quote given by Holder.

On a side note, I seriously hope that you simply didn't know what you posted when you posted from that blog and that it was the result of a google search in which you did not do the appropriate background research. Because, seriously, that blog and the ones it links to are very disturbing. I don't often agree with you, but I have never figured you for the type that would read the racist ramblings of that blog. I sincerely hope that this level of respect was not misplaced.
  9. MichaelJoeWilliamson

Ratings Received:
    +497
    Oh. Sorry
  10. MichaelJoeWilliamson

Ratings Received:
    +497
    Actually, there is a link there of a video of Holder's testimony. Which you would have noticed had you bothered to look.
  11. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +717
    Actually, I did look at the video posted by your horribly racist source. It returns an error message. The author didn't feel like actually posting a transcript, just his interpretation of a video that isn't there. Maybe you should have looked a little further.
  12. RealDeal

RealDeal New Member

Ratings Received:
    +7
    sharpton and jackson are furious with this verdict! they may order more protests.

[​IMG]
  13. MichaelJoeWilliamson

Ratings Received:
    +497
    My goodness. "Horribly racist source" was a youtube of Holders testimony. Oh...wait. That was Holder. Sorry, your description is accurate.

Did you listen to his testimony? That is exactly what he said. He said that white people cannot be victims of hate crimes

Racist indeed.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. neisgator

neisgator Belligerent Gator

Ratings Received:
    +106
  15. SmootyGator

SmootyGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +663
    It's called overcorrection. It's not something that a person or some group decided to do, it's just kind of they way things happen. Remember the housing bubble bursting? It happened (simply) because banks were giving credit to anyone, even if their credit was sh*t. So what was the solution? Making the credit requirements super strict! The solution should have been going back to the way it was, when there wasn't a problem.
  16. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +717
    Seriously, just admit when you are wrong rather than flailing. There is no youtube video in your source (The blog post from a racist blog entitled "A Race Against Time"). There was formerly a link to a webcast on a government website, but that link is dead and he provides no quotations. The other links, in order are to:

A deadlink to a website called globalpolitician
    A link to VDare.
    The dead webcast link
    A Chicago Tribune article about hate crimes (no video)
    A link to a report by an admittedly white seperatist website (New Century Foundation- who denies White Supremicist roots but does label itself "White Seperatist")
    And two links to prior blog posts on "A Race Against Time" involving crimes committed with black perpetrators and white victims.

That is it. No youtube on your source. No transcript on your source.

In addition, you really should be ashamed of yourself for linking that website. If you look through the other posts on that blog, they are really quite racist. If you want to get one from outside politics, let's take a look at what they posted about a black woman winning Miss America:

A really classy blog you provided as evidence here. I really hope you feel ashamed of yourself for doing so, especially considering it didn't even back your point (again, there is no video on the website only the analysis provided by the same guy who wrote the above lovely opinion).
  17. Matthanuf06

Matthanuf06 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +17
    It's not a caveat. It's a fact. Didn't Sharpton just hold some sort of rally? That's the definition of prejudice right there. Now how would you define that group? It's certainly black, but not ALL blacks. My guess is it is economic and education that further defines it.

How would you define that group? It should be fair game to point of defining characteristics of a group
  18. Matthanuf06

Matthanuf06 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +17
    You cannot be this dense. Clearly we are talking about black on white hate crimes. Look if you want to ignore what Holder said, then by all means do so. You have a philosophy that you obviously feel you need to keep logically consistent, and if ignoring facts and truth is required then you will do so.

I prefer truth, but to each his own. It's in the damn testimony. Just be intellectually honest please.
  19. dadx4

dadx4 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,502
    I appreciate you saying this. Yesterday on the radio another black man called in, educated, had a family and he was talking about the this case except the only difference was that he thought zims was innocent, he's a dem. What he was bitching about was that the media needs to focus more on black on black crime instead of racial stories like this. He thought that if the media would make it a daily story that it might start changing the culture but he wasn't holding his breath. I know a lot of black guys that are super great guys and they all tell me that the Jessie Jackson/Al Sharptons of the world have hijacked a big part of their race. Nelson was telling me that the reason that the media doesn't cover black on black crimes is because it happens so often that their ratings would suffer and he said that all that the media wants is ratings to make money. He was telling me that the outrage should be coming from the communities in Chicago, Oakland. He wants his own people to stand up and tell the bad seeds that enough is enough. He wants the cycle broken but he doesn't know how it can be done. He said that there was no feeling of responsibility any more in a lot of communities especially the men. He said that he works hard for his family and has a good job.
    • Like Like x 1
  20. rivergator

Ratings Received:
    +1,915
    really, you're calling me stupid? this was your claim:
    if you meant something else, you should have said it. when I asked you when Holder said that, you offered nothing. just
    you couldn't come up with a thing. you apparently know nothing about the subject other than the usual lame parroting of rightwing talking points.

the issue with hate crimes, in both Holder's opinion of that particular federal law and how it's generally been carried out for years at every level, is much more a matter of the victim and not the perpetrator. if you don't understant that, then you really shouldn't be in the conversation. And particularly shouldn't be calling other people stupid.