The aftermath of racial violence and race relations after the Zimmerman Case

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by MichaelJoeWilliamson, Aug 26, 2013.

1. Row6

Row6 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +26
    Use your imagination, because that's all we can do absent other evidence:

GZ could have jumped TM from behind in a bear hug and been quickly flipped. TM would have no scars from such an effort. You don't have to believe that is what happened to acknowledge it was both possible and not far fetched.
  2. asuragator

asuragator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +6,085
    There is evidence TM struck GZ, certainly, not necessarily that TM initiated the contact, other than GZ's claim. It's obviously possible that he "jumped out" from hiding and hit him , but that doesn't seem as likely given what Jeantel had said. Then again, it's hard to get a clear grasp of what exactly transpired in those initial seconds.
  3. Minister_of_Information

Minister_of_Information I'm your huckleberry Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,771
    It's also completely conjectural.
  4. DaveFla

DaveFla VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,019
    And IF frogs had wings...

Thank god the US judicial system was not designed to operate on one's "imagination" of how thinks might have occurred...

Really. You guys need to accept the facts as presented during this trial, and accept the final conclusion. GZ was found to be not guilty of murder because he was defending himself from TM who wished to kill him. Without the facts to prove this, GZ would have been found guilty of murder. It's really that simple.
  5. Tasselhoff

Tasselhoff Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +439
    could have, might have, it is possible, use your imagination, I think...

The prosecution had plenty of time, energy, funds and leeway from the court to prove just one of these scenarios where Zimmerman was guilty. ONE. But no. What they, the prosecution, managed to do was show trayvon in a more negative light, cast him as a thug and racist.

Time to let it go.
  6. Row6

Row6 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +26
    Typically some here can't seem to grasp that "not guilty" does not mean all arguments as presented by the defense are accepted now as facts. Reasonable doubt means exactgly that and no more. If those same people are tired of this discussion, butt the f..k out.
  7. Minister_of_Information

Ratings Received:
    +1,771
    You should write a graphic novel.
  8. Row6

Row6 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +26
    Your assumptions of what happened between GZ and TM are as much conjecture as my alternative scenario, and in fact were just corrected only a day ago because of your misunderstanding of the known facts. I wouldn't be lecturing others for having a too active imagination if I had your record. It's just that some of us know when we are engaging that facility and don't confuse it with witnessing reality.
  9. Minister_of_Information

Ratings Received:
    +1,771
    No really, you should write a graphic novel. I'm sure it would be quite entertaining.
  10. DaveFla

DaveFla VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,019
    Tired? Oh, HELL no... I never tire of watching you try to wiggle your toes with your foot planted firmly in your mouth. You do it so well... And so often too.
  11. Tasselhoff

Tasselhoff Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +439
    Oh I can grasp that concept just fine. Now you can go back to grasping at straws. So many on here were so sure Zimmerman was guilty and needed to hang that they refuse to look at what the evidence overwhelmingly pointed to. That it was in fact Trayvon that was guilty.

Of course claiming young black teen with a thuggish past might be the guilty one over a Hispanic/white guy is anathema to some of you.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Row6

Row6 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +26
    Your assumptions of what happened between GZ and TM are as much conjecture as my alternative scenario, and in fact were just corrected only a day ago because of your misunderstanding of the known facts. I wouldn't be lecturing others for having a too active imagination if I had your record. It's just that some of us know when we are engaging that facility and don't confuse it with witnessing reality.
  13. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +5,803
    Wish we could retire this thread... It just brings out the an ingrained discourse (a microcosm of our populace, and it's diversity) we'll never really reconcile here in Too Hot.
  14. Minister_of_Information

Ratings Received:
    +1,771
    Then again, it could be a major bore.
  15. Row6

Row6 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +26
  16. Minister_of_Information

Ratings Received:
    +1,771
    I don't know, though. Could be amusing. I've always gotten a kick out of farce.
    • Like Like x 1
  17. MichaelJoeWilliamson

MichaelJoeWilliamson Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +497
    :laugh: @ MoI toying with Row
  18. wargunfan

wargunfan Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +189
    The continued refusal to accept the Zimmerman verdict and the constant fabrication of scenarios wherein George Zimmerman gets away with murder is the very kind of inflammatory fiction which incites angry Blacks to commit violence against defenseless Whites. It is irresponsible at best and shows a lack of respect for the justice system.
    I note with interest the cowardly fashion in which these attacks have been committed. Shooting in the back. Beating an old man to death. Gang attacks. Inciting this kind of cowardly revenge with fantastic imaginings of how GZ might be guilty of murder is the exact opposite of what a mature responsible adult would do.
    Posting this kind of imaginary tripe on an anonymous message board may engender only approbation from one's peers. But it is this kind of inflammatory propaganda which has led to innocent people being injured and killed.
  19. tegator80

tegator80 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,831
    I believe the reaction is an attempt to justify why they are right, even though the facts, or the ruling in the court, says otherwise. And I will say that is why liberalism ultimately wins: because they are unfailing in their convictions and conservatives/libertarians will occasionally stop to reflect on their beliefs. And those delays/discernments give them a little leg up each time.
    • Like Like x 1
  20. wargunfan

wargunfan Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +189
    The continual drumbeat from the left as to why and how GZ got away with murder is providing cover for murderous Blacks who are itching to "get even for Travon". Those persons who refuse to accept the verdict and constantly invent scenarios where Trayvon Martin is murdered bear some responsibility for the resulting murders. They need to shut up and support the justice system. They won't of course. It's just their right to spew out inflammatory imaginings.