The aftermath of racial violence and race relations after the Zimmerman Case

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by MichaelJoeWilliamson, Aug 26, 2013.

1. Minister_of_Information

Minister_of_Information I'm your huckleberry Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,775
    The interpretation that sticks with me is that they both acted imprudently upon an emotional need to prove something. I sense anger, fear, resentment, immaturity, and foolish bellicosity to varying degrees on all sides. At the end, though, one was able to walk away and tell his tale and the other one was not, and because the one that is dead seems to have struck first, there really isn't much that can be done.

That doesn't make it right either. It cannot be made right.
  2. asuragator

asuragator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +6,085
    Yep. I probably should have said that I don't think Trayvon handled it well either. Perhaps though, I am more forgiving of the teen walking home who is an unarmed than the late twenty something fella with the gun. Regardless, death is a horrible price to pay for something that could very well be avoided. There are never winners in such cases.
  3. Minister_of_Information

Ratings Received:
    +1,775
    I feel the same way (see my edit).
  4. Matthanuf06

Matthanuf06 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +17
    What if Zimmerman really wasn't following him? This is one of the reasons why a person cannot just double back and attack whomever they think is following them. It would give anyone a reason to attack anyone.
  5. Lawdog88

Lawdog88 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,370

Doc, whoa, my man. "Right wing obsession . . . " ?? If anything, these racial predators have been working for years, plying their deceptions, denigrating stereotypes, and outright exploitative lies to self-promote and aggrandize a power strangle-hold on race exploitation activism, and are just now being actually called out in strong terms for what they actually are.

I mean, one of them has even admitted that he was afraid of his own race moreso than the race he has made his fortune vilifying. Frankly, it is long overdue to call a spade - a spade - in their case. Rip Van Public's scales have finally fallen from their eyes with these two, and to me, it is a supreme irony that it seems to be the result of their ultimate PUSH over invented instances of racism.

So, you got the broad brush baby, and the wrong color paint. ™

Defending these clowns ? Please. Next you'll be saying that Morris Dees doesn't have a wrong-headed racial agenda, or that Bobby Kennedy is a true environmentalist.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. DaveFla

DaveFla VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,057
    One of the side effects of marijuana use is paranoia after all...
  7. MichaelJoeWilliamson

MichaelJoeWilliamson Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +497
    Yep. One would have thought that had Zimmerman initiated violence, injuries to his person might have pointed to that.

The only aggressive injures found were on Martin's knuckles and hands and the bullet wound on his chest.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. asuragator

Ratings Received:
    +6,085
    How is it broad brushing, LD? When you see the same two names coming up repeatedly without any mention of other black leaders, just screeds about how bad they are.

Even you said it yourself in an earlier post that they should be talking about the issues, "drilling down into them" or something to that effect. Well, I would agree but I don' think invoking Sharpton or Jackson every time a thread on race comes up is really a way of "drilling down" into to the issues.

Defend them? Or perhaps, point out the fact that the there is an obsession with them, and I'd bet dollars to donuts that the obsession springs in part from having no interest in actually dealing with anything of substance (i.e. "drilling down"). It's just deflection against any possibility that racism still exists on the right.
  9. Row6

Row6 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +26
    She didn't say that he said he was home but that he was "near home". That could mean anything.
  10. asuragator

Ratings Received:
    +6,085
    Who said he actually doubled back? It's possible he did but we don't know that either. In any case, here is another scenario I laid out.

11. Row6

Row6 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +26
    1 What you accuse Jackson of - and I don't thereby accept your characterization - is what MLK was accused of by like minded people in his day. I was alive, conscious, politically aware, and actively engaged in the CR movement so I know what I am talking about. He was not almost universally acclaimed by all Americans as he is today and was well hated by many whites and probably most in the south. "Outside agitator" was the phrase as "race pimp" would be too racy in those days - they both mean the same thing.

2 Jesse Jackson - along with MLK and the president - have on numerous occasions spoken out on the failure of many black males in abandoning their childred - Obama referred to it in his speech on the Mall just two days ago. Jackson also started and runs PUSH in Chicago which emphasizes education and ambition for young blacks as well as demonstrating against violence. Where are you getting this crap?

3 Trying to suggest Jackson had something to do with MLK's murder - besides for standing next to him when it occurred - puts you in tin-foil hat land.
  12. Row6

Row6 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +26
    Of course there is. There is no proof what he meant by that and no other witnesses.
  13. Row6

Row6 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +26
    A lot of "if"s and assumptions in your version, which is fine for establishing what you think happened, but that is a different matter than knowing what happened.
  14. Row6

Row6 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +26
    Speaking of vilifying a race, no one mentioned in this post has done that except in the posters mind. OTH, he has been shown to make specific charges against them in just the last couple of weeks that were ignorant of the facts, and when presented with the evidence doubled down in a weak effort to maintain the legitimacy of his prejudice. It seems any mention of race that may suggest that white people are not perfect and may at a minimum lack understanding - no matter that no one claims that blacks don't have cultural problems of their own - can not be abided by he and some other TH posters. In their minds it appears it is the poor white people who must be lifted up to counter perceived moral high ground claiming by blacks, even though no white person in America would trade places with even a rich black man - at least if they had any sense.
  15. Minister_of_Information

Ratings Received:
    +1,775
    The evidence suggests that Martin struck first, and perhaps 'only'. There is not much evidence to suggest that this act was legally justifiable. That leaves us where it leaves us: not knowing what happened exactly, but in a position where convicting Zimmerman is not supportable under the law. Feel free to ascribe whatever motive to this analysis you like, I don't particularly care. :wave:
  16. Row6

Row6 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +26
    I don't acribe any particular motive to your comments or challenge them. I only wished to emphasize the speculative nature of any judgments about the parts of the GZ/TM narrative for which we only have one witness. I also wanted to correct the idea that Jeantel had said TM had already been home and then went out again.
  17. asuragator

Ratings Received:
    +6,085
    Here's the thing, we actually don't really know if Martin struck first either, I think that gets assumed because that is what GZ has said.
  18. DaveFla

DaveFla VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,057
    And you call the 'birthers' crazy for not giving in to the facts....

:rolleyes:
  19. wargunfan

wargunfan Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +189
    Right on and righteous truth. Rep if I could.
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Minister_of_Information

Ratings Received:
    +1,775
    Let's put it this way. There is evidence that he struck first, and there isn't any evidence otherwise. I don't think there is sufficient evidence to establish with certainty that he did strike first, but there is nothing credible in the record that suggests that he did not.