The aftermath of racial violence and race relations after the Zimmerman Case

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by MichaelJoeWilliamson, Aug 26, 2013.

1. tegator80

tegator80 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,971
    It is truly disappointing that the traditional Black power structure has decided that personal prestige is better than raising the bar higher in racial relations. That is the primary reason that I think there is going to be a very stratified country: the mostly Democratic politicians have said things, or done things, that say there are evil people out there (racist whites, rich) and they just can't take them back. Once you are hooked on the stupid vote you aren't going to go back to the old ways. And seeing our education system I think relying on a large contingent of stupid voters/cattle to continue in the future is a pretty safe bet.
  2. bludigal

bludigal New Member

Ratings Received:
    +2
    Being followed and scared is not reasonable to resort to violence as the answer and it has precedent in Florida law. To defend one's self the other person has to be the aggressor and it takes action.

I believe he was scared, but in Florida being scared doesn't give you the right to violence and you know it.

What I have a problem with is why we are not devoted to a meritocracy. I don't care the color of the poor. Just so long as those who merit a promotion get it and we all know merit is who you know not what you know.

But let's talk about grammar. I am listening to NPR and they are talking about a local mentoring program for the poor. One of the leaders of the program is using improper grammar while advocating the program. All I can do is shake my head. Who is going to be "mentored" by this person and have success.

You do not have to speak properly all the time, I sound like Tony Soprano when I am mad. But when it is time to work I sound like an educated professional. If you can speak in an articulate way you are not going to move up that corporate ladder and get the middle class dream. Let's start there. It hurts all immigrants and minorities equally. It has nothing to do with race.

But no one brings it up. Speaking proper English and being able to function in a white collar environment is what gets people out of poverty. It is not the only thing but it sure improves one's chances.

Yet, I hear on the radio the lady who wants to help people find work and I think OMG who would hire her!
  3. bludigal

bludigal New Member

Ratings Received:
    +2
    Poverty is not a race problem, it is a problem and people from all races suffer from it, so why the focus on race?

Why do we care if 90 percent of poor are white black or hispanic? We should just care that they are poor and know that it leads to problems. You can't wave a wand and say well, you are poor since your family has been poor for generations. Each person is responsible for achieving the American dream.

America is supposed to grant everyone an opportunity to pursue the dream, not to achieve the dream. No one said life is fair and no one said we will all have a level playing field. A white hillbilly does not benefit from being white. A white rich kid does not benefit from being white, he benefits from being rich.

The problem is focusing on race in my opinion.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. DaveFla

DaveFla VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,064
    Bravo. Well put..

Rep+