The 2 likely teams to play in the NC are ranked 42 and 52

Discussion in 'Swamp Gas' started by geauxgator1, Dec 3, 2013.

1. geauxgator1

geauxgator1 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,753
    • Like Like x 2
  2. gatorgrl

gatorgrl Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +192
    Pathetic is right. AU is my NC right now.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Gators15

Gators15 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +41
    It's just one more good reason for Auburn (if they beat #5 Mizzou) to get the nod over OSU if they beat #10 MSU.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. NiftyGator

NiftyGator Member

Ratings Received:
    +34
    Oh look we are second.... like usual. If only OSU played in this conference then Meyer would still be "retired."
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. NiftyGator

NiftyGator Member

Ratings Received:
    +34
    Can't beat that. All SEC teams in the top 46. SEC winner deserves the nod, but that would be up to the polls. FSU is in with a win. OSU has to dominate by yards and by at least 8-17 pts I think. Can't fault OSU for such a weak SOS. If Auburn dominates by yards, 10-21 pts they get it and OSU wins by 3-7 pts. I think 10 pts is dominate in SEC title, right? 17 pts any where else. Mizzou could get in with a win, but OSU or FSU would have to lose. Bama has a shot but OSU, FSU, Mizzou would have to lose. I've seen crazier stuff happen in the last month of college football. Remember our first title? We were 4th at the start of Championship week. Huskers lose to Texas. Then OSU beat ASU in the bowl game, I believe.
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
  6. 62gator

62gator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +152
    FBS football puts way too much emphasis on not losing a game and not nearly enough on who you play........unfortunately.
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Gators15

Gators15 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +41
    based on people's opinions but not by unbiased computers? (BCS)
  8. james8323

james8323 Member

Ratings Received:
    +6

Who cares? This is what I get upset about us Gators. They both are in the top five in scoring offense, top five and 20 in scoring defense. OSU is second or third in Sacks this year. Hell OSU's schedule is rated higher than FSU's. Let's focus on fixing this Gator team. We would love to be in the same place as FSU or OSU right now.

Everything else seems like whining cry-baby crap. Go Gators! Let's get back to where we should be.
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  9. eastowest

eastowest Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +158
    Combined records for both teams that they played....136-153
    F$u:71-74.........Played 5 teams with a winning record...Clemson 10-2.........Bethune Cookman 10-3
    Osu:65-79........Played 6 teams with a winning record....Wisconsin 9-3......Only team with 9 or more wins
    • Informative Informative x 2
  10. rpmGator

rpmGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +490
    Michigan State may be the highest ranked team OSU has played all year. If the BCS numbers had them ahead with poor opponents, I doubt they will fall if they beat someone better.

It will take a loss, or the undefeated will play for the title. The only way to keep the SEC from getting the trophy, don't vote them into the game. I doubt we will get much help from other regions on this one.
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Wormwood56

Wormwood56 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +909
    We'll just have to wait and see what the computers say. As of right now, the computers have (in order): FSU, Ohio State, Auburn, Alabama and Mizzou.

All four teams are playing opponents with at least ten wins. In my estimation:

* FSU (#1) is going to have to destroy Duke (#20) to stay in the running
    * Ohio State (#2) is going to have to decisively beat Michigan State (#10) to stay on board
    * Auburn (#3) is going to have to decisively beat Mizzou to jump either if they play a lackluster game
    * Mizzou (#5) is going to have to beat Auburn by two TDs to jump either FSU or OSU if they play a lackluster game

Alabama is out of it.

I see FSU beating Duke by four TDs at least. They know what is at stake.

I see Ohio State beating Michigan State, but not by a large margin. They are the most vulnerable.

I see Auburn and Mizzou in a dogfight, which may not be enough if Duke gets slaughtered and MSU gets beaten by double digits.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. zanesville

zanesville Member

Ratings Received:
    +25
    ohio and fsu have given new meaning to the BCS game. The difference is that the C should stand for 'cupcake'. Both of those teams have played one ranked team all season. The SEC should go to a 3 game conference and fill the rest of the schedule with Idahos, UNLVs, La. Lafeyette, etc. and then there would be multiple undefeated teams like these two.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Wormwood56

Wormwood56 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +909
    Why do that when they can schedule Ole Miss, Miss State, Kentucky, Tennessee, Arkansas...and Florida? Not every SEC team is good...
  14. Bushmaster

Bushmaster Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +484
    No, but the good teams are REALLY good. AU, UA, ATM, Mizz, USC, LSU can play with and beat anybody in the country on any given day. Put f$u or osu in the SEC West against AU, UA, ATM, LSU and then the 3 SEC teams of Mizz, USC , and uga and there is no way in hell they win them all. Play them in a time frame of 9-10 weeks and they probably lose 2.

Its not having to play one game you have to get up for, its getting up almost EVERY week that simply takes a toll on you as a player.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. gatorinmi

gatorinmi Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +100
    That's actually generous. Here's what Sagarin has:

Auburn: 26
    OSU: 61
    FSU: 66
    • Informative Informative x 3
  16. gatorinmi

gatorinmi Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +100
    The Colley Matrix:

Auburn: 27
    OSU: 71
    FSU: 86
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. Forceps

Forceps New Member

Ratings Received:
    +79
    Guys, I hate to be the one to break it you, but FSU would trounce Auburn, Mizz, and Ohio St. I don't care who we've played, look what we've done to them.Oh, and guess what else, Auburn has a loss! You can argue who should be #2,OSU, Aub, and Mizz, but you have to consider the talent level of FSU, too. It would be one thing if we had struggled in some games like the years past, but I think everyone who watches football, can see that there are 22 NFL players out there. Auburn is fortunate to not have 4 losses. They get a couple of gifts from Bama and suddenly they're this juggernaut? Go back and watch the TAMU/AUB game, the LSU, GA, MissST, OleMiss, WASHINGTON STATE for crying out loud. Put it this way: if FSU played any of those teams and they were the same scores, everyone would completely discredit FSU.
    BAMA is the only team that matches up well, or better. They run a power, balanced game. We are designed to defend the offenses of OSU, MIZZ, and AU. I could see Bama getting 17-24 pts. But could they hold us down. I know we're getting 40+ against all the others.
    • Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Bedlam

Bedlam Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +131
    The computers are programmed by people. They create the algorithm for how the computer decides which team is better. A person tells the computer how much weight is placed on win/loss record as opposed to strength of schedule. That's how you get some computer with Northern Illinois is #2 and some computer where Auburn is #1.
  19. Freddy02

Freddy02 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +214
    LOL based on what? FSU hasn't played a team that finished in the top 10. They played one ranked team Clemson - who also blew out many of the same teams FSU did.

You can't lose games you don't play and if you play in a weak conference you can never claim to be the best.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Gatuar

Gatuar Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +188
    I think this is the one year where FSU is really that good...in years past they've lived off that creampuff schedule but we all saw they are legit and it stinks

That being said I would love a year where we had an "easy" scheduld.....it seems since I've been following UF football for over 30 yrs now we've always had a top 10 schedule