That didn't take long the crab king is reinstated

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by largartos, May 4, 2014.

1. horanic

horanic Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +600

Cheating....if he went to FSU they would have called it forgetful focusing. Instead of remembering to look at his own test he was focused on someone else's test. Obviously this would have been the other persons fault in some way.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. coleg

coleg Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +266
    Why make up lies? First JW has never started a game for Martin, and he also did not play in ANY of the games last weekend. Rant on.
  3. coleg

coleg Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +266
    I kind of think Regator was referring to the UF player here.... Cam Newton.
  4. sotagator

sotagator New Member

Ratings Received:
    +40
    It was reported his community service was performed at the YMCA. He probably shot hoops three or four afternoons with the little kiddies. I'm quite sure he wasn't giving speech or cooking lessons........
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. uftaipan

uftaipan Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,985
    Excellent. I was hoping you would tip in at some point. First, I will stipulate that as a relief pitcher JW has never started and probably will never start a game and that he did not play in any of the games against college baseball powerhouse Minnesota (22-19). Stiff punishment if you ask me. I'm satisfied.

But two questions.

The first is, since I can't stomach to go research this myself, what is the latest narrative on how those crab legs forced JW to take them without paying? Two days ago it was thus: "He was mobbed by adoring fans and had to be physically withdrawn from Publix by police officers for his own safety. Further, his car was still running during a thunderstorm et al, and his girlfriend was dying of malnutrition back at his apartment. So if during the course of all of this distraction paying for the food slipped his mind, we should all be understanding."

Well, now that the police report rubs against that particular narrative, what are the faithful saying today? Since we know what it isn't -- "Hey, maybe he is just an effing thief, plain and simple. And maybe he is capable of other forms of self-entitled, unethical behavior." -- please entertain us. Give us a taste. My guess is that they're going with the "So what?" or the "Everyone does it" defense from here until the next incident.

Second, what's the spin on how he completed 20 hours of community service at such superhuman speed? Personally, I think they'll go with "He did four hours a day between Wednesday and Sunday, and this while studying for his finals in English and Public Speaking, which he aced without serious effort." I don't think they'll resort to "So what? Nobody actually does their community service" until after the media looks into this a touch more. But never mind my thoughts. Give us the scoop!
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Tebowism0823

Tebowism0823 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +6,104
    And I think horanic was making fun of your program/school and their ethics. Try and keep up skippy!
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. AuldG8R

AuldG8R Member

Ratings Received:
    +34
  8. phideltdj

phideltdj Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +833
    The media is giving Winston a pass as nobody talks about the rape incident when discussing his recent run in with the law yet Manziel was ripped consistently for attending a frat party on another campus and other issues. You have one player that has 3 times broken potential laws that we know of and Manziel that is cocky and likes to party and which player has suffered more in the media...things are really out of whack.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. coleg

coleg Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +266
    Help me keep up here ism. What part of Regator's post was NOT about Cam? Cam was on his way out and had some issues with tests at UF. Horanic likes to rail against all things FSU which is entirely his prerogative on this site, and I didn't jump in the thread to interject my opinion vs his. My opinions are pretty worthless here so I try to stay with facts.
  10. coleg

coleg Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +266
    Tai, you obviously have invested much more time in this than I. I have not commented because JW was caught doing a monumentally stupid thing for him ( especially) to do. Subsequently he was given his punishment. It all seemed "cut and dry" so I didn't follow it much.
  11. uftaipan

Ratings Received:
    +1,985
    So here's what I'm getting, and you correct me if I'm wrong: We're going with "Let's move on, he's completely fulfilled his penance, this incident has zero bearing on his credibility with the [still unresolved] alleged sexual assault, and of course he should get to play against Oklahoma State."
  12. zanesville

zanesville Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +132
    What's the over/under number on how many times he gets in new trouble before the Oklahoma State game in which he will play no matter what the crimes?
  13. uftaipan

Ratings Received:
    +1,985
    How will you ever know? The Burger King and Red Ryder War incidents did not come to light until after the sexual assault allegations, which was successfully covered up for almost a year. The only thing that shocks me is that this particular shoplifting incident went public. And if anyone believes he just happened to get caught stealing in his first and only attempt, then I have a bridge to sell you.
    Last edited: May 6, 2014
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. swampbabe

swampbabe Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +698
    I'm curious about who signed off on the community service requirements. Seems like 20 hours is a lot to do in a week, especially during finals week and yes, I realize that that's an oxymoron. Emphasis on moron.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +8,501
    He probably did the community service and took his finals concurrently... those online music appreciation type classes where everyone has the answers can't be too taxing to complete during breaks shooting hoops at the YMCA.
  16. Swamp_of_Gators

Swamp_of_Gators Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +972
    I think it was actually the academic cheating. He got caught cheating on the same assignment at least 2 times (first time he stole someone's paper, the second he copied a paper from online). That was likely going to result in his expulsion from UF, but he transferred from UF before his punishment was determined.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Tebowism0823

Tebowism0823 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +6,104
    I think horanic knew what the post was about. He just decided to flip it towards the crab.
  18. gatorr4life

gatorr4life Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,632
    THIS.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. antny

antny Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +362
    People are screwed up. Parents and fans running to get autographs from him on sports center.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. DeBigLeezard

DeBigLeezard Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +480
    This is, most likely... "The Post Of The Decade."
    How right you are!
    I am sorry but if Tim Tebow or Danny (both being our former National Championship quarterbacks) were ever accused of the crap that Shameous has been... then... I am not walking up to either of them, asking for an autograph.

What is it with people these days?
    • Agree Agree x 1