1. Gator Country Black Friday special!

Stay on top of the football coach search with the Insider Authority on Gator Sports with a special discount!

Now's a great time to join or renew and get up to $20 off your annual subscription! LIMITED QUANTITIES -- for details click here.

Ten states where Obamacare wipes out existing health care plans

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by mocgator, Sep 30, 2013.

1. mocgator

mocgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +688
    Something about keeping your doctor?? I know it's racists and Bush's fault..

http://dailycaller.com/2013/09/28/ten-states-where-obamacare-wipes-out-existing-health-care-plans/

President Barack Obama famously promised, “If you like your health care plan, you can keep your health care plan.” He later got even more specific.

“If you are among the hundreds of millions of Americans who already have health insurance through your job, or Medicare, or Medicaid, or the VA, nothing in this plan will require you or your employer to change the coverage or the doctor you have,” Obama said.

But as Obamacare’s rollout approaches, we have learned this is not true. Here are the ten states where consumers may like their health care plans, but they won’t be able to keep them.

1) California:

2) Missouri:

3) Connecticut:

4) Maryland:

5) South Carolina:

6) New York:

7) New Jersey:

8) Iowa:

9) Wisconsin:

10) Georgia:
  2. PSGator66

PSGator66 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +845
    This cannot be true! I saw Obama speaking at a college the other day and he said that people can keep their existing insurance and prices will go down. He also said that the Repulicans are just trying to scare the American people.
  3. g8trjax

g8trjax Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +409
    He's worried about it, otherwise you wouldn't see the non stop BS campaign parade around the country.
  4. philnotfil

philnotfil Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +728
    58,000 is much less than the 54% who expect to lose their coverage. Why such a large difference between expectations and reality?

List of hospitals in Missouri

Rough estimate, 170ish hospitals in Missouri. When I lived in Gainesville my health insurance wouldn't let me go to North Florida, only Shands or Alachua General, did I not have health coverage?

We are only to the second point on the list, and they have already gotten to the examples that don't support their headline?
  5. annwal

annwal New Member

Ratings Received:
    +0
    A recent report discovered that, should Mitt Romney earn the presidential election, American households might pay twice as much for healthcare as they would under the Obama Administration's Affordable Care Act.