Tell us something we don’t know....

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by akaGatorhoops, May 4, 2018.

1. madgator

madgator GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +7,476

Yes, Dennis is a very quiet guy. Friendly and accommodating if you want to take a picture or have a chat but definitely an introvert to say the least
  2. jmac83

jmac83 GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +883
    North Shore High, actually. Twin Lakes and Palm Beach Gardens were the close-by rivals. This was the era of Anthony Carter at Suncoast, Otis Thorpe at Lake Worth and Robbie Thompson at Forest Hill.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. madgator

madgator GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +7,476

My JV basketball coach was a team mate of Thorpe and was a starter on the Lake Worth team. Which I believe either won states or went to the state final 4 in what was it '78 or '79
    Last edited: May 15, 2018
  4. Notoriousgator

Notoriousgator GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +7,570
    Right there with you. I've played with or against dozens of pro athletes. Jason Williams was easily one of the top 2 I've ever had to guard. The other is Anthony Goldwire. As soon as he crossed half court he was in range. All I could do was laugh.

Played vs Roy Jones Jr while he was with the Beach Dogs. Mercury Hayes (Mich football), Travis conlan (Mich bball), Mitch Richmond, Fred Weary, Mike Peterson. My buddy made Mike look so bad on a move that Mike came up to him and open fisted him in the nose. Big dick move. Eddie Shannon was one of my best friends while at UF and he introduced me to Kenyan weeks, Kendrick spruell and many others...This post could go on for days. I've been very fortunate over the years. Played sofyball with Dante Bichette and mike schmidt while at PBCC. I showed Greg Anthony a new construction mansion on loxahatchee river road when he considered moving to Jupiter.

One last story. At a UF basketball game I was walking up the stairs to my seat and Bo Carroll, walking down the stairs, intentionally bumped me with a shoulder to confront me. (Due to issues I had w one of his budies on the team) he turned to me as if he wanted to fight. Beauchamp saw this and came running over to break us up. He told bo it was in his best interest to avoid me. Leave it alone. Tim knew that I had training.
  5. WESGATORS

WESGATORS Moderator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +9,847
    If that's not a Guinness World Record I bet it's awfully close.

Go GATORS!
    ,WESGATORS
    • Funny Funny x 2
  6. madgator

madgator GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +7,476

I played against Eddie a lot in high school. He was back in the area recently as an assistant coach at PBA. Guy can still play. I also played against Fred (maybe the best Bball player on the football team in those days) and Mike Peterson as well.

That story about Mike kind of shocks me cause he was always cool with me and I considered him one of the nicest guys on the football team. He once broke up an in-game scuffle I had with Darrell Jackson (although there was more than 1) in his freshman year. I was a senior and we did not get along at all as he had a serious attitude problem. My friends who were still at UF after I left said that he calmed down and actually became a really nice person (supposedly found Jesus during his UF days).

Darrell was actually the only Gator football player that I ever had a problem with. Had words with Ian Skinner briefly but wasn't going to get into it as he was there with his good friend and known psycho Ernie Badeaux
    Last edited: May 15, 2018
  7. madgator

madgator GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +7,476

LOL! Sorry, I guess I missed the shift button there...…..
  8. madgator

madgator GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +7,476

Great stories...….my mother worked for the Expos organization at the old WPB stadium. So I was always around there when I was kid (during the '80s). Best place to meet MLB superstars was spring training, and I met them all from those days and even a few old school stars like Hank Aaron. Have autographs from everyone from George Steinbrenner to Daryl Strawberry, literally hundreds of signatures over the years. Access was so open when compared to today. Especially when I was in the stadium before the gates opened.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Notoriousgator

Ratings Received:
    +7,570
    I've always thought Fred Weary was the best basketball player of the bunch. The things he could do were ridiculous.

The only time I ever saw Ernie was at ale house. Lol

Yeah, I grew up in Jupiter. I knew Eddie from his Jr year on.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Notoriousgator

Ratings Received:
    +7,570
    I don't know how old you are but did you ever play with or against omar and Wilbur from Dwyer? Sisco newkirk? Tony white dwyer? Any Palm beach county all stars?
  11. madgator

madgator GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +7,476
    We played Dwyer in I believe my junior year......'92-'93. So yes. Newkirk went to Suncoast right? Yes, my junior year we played them as well.

My senior year we switched districts so they were both out
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. gatorade

gatorade GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +869
    I've been to the Oscars x2. Not as a seat filler, either.
    They are not that fun and way too long.
    Golden Globes is a much better time.
    • Like Like x 2
  13. JohnC1908

JohnC1908 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +578
    I watched the NFL draft in the late 90s at a sports bar that was pulling some raw feed. ESPN goes to commercial but Andrea Kramer remained on my screen and then gave out her phone number. I proceeded to ruin her afternoon and rendered her ineffective the rest of the draft. I feel bad about it now but it’s too late.
    • Funny Funny x 3
  14. madgator

madgator GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +7,476

I like the story but ineffective is a word I would use to describe Andrea Kramers reporting without any distractions.
  15. Notoriousgator

Ratings Received:
    +7,570
    While working for seagrams I was in Nashville having dinner by myself. 2 guys asked if they could sit with me and I looked up and it was Blaine bishop and Steve mcnair. They were so great. Paid for everything too.

It was at Hooters (don't tell @The_Graygator ) so needless to say ALL the girls were at our table.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Notoriousgator

Ratings Received:
    +7,570
    This is a picture of Timmy when we were partying on Bourbon Street. I'm standing a foot away from him doing a dance with reidel. We thought the picture was going to be of us! Lol
  17. Notoriousgator

Ratings Received:
    +7,570
    Apparently I can't post a photo to save my life. Any help?
  18. Notoriousgator

Ratings Received:
    +7,570
    When I was 10 or 11 my family left Michigan for Disney. I was standing there with my 2 brothers and I look to my left and I see Peter billingsley (a Christmas story) standing 15 feet from us and he was looking right at us. I kept trying to get my brothers to say "you'll shoot your eye out kid" and he clearly heard us. After a few mins he gets closer and said, you'll shoot your eye out kid.

We laughed for days about that.
    • Like Like x 1
  19. grant1

grant1 GC Hall of Fame

Ratings Received:
    +2,259
    It's odd that you saw bodies and my wife and I saw a body (in a body bag) under the Memorial Causeway bridge going to Clearwater Beach while going boating, although it was around 50 yards away.

Strange that 2 brothers have seen the dead years apart.
  20. akaGatorhoops

akaGatorhoops GC Columnist VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +13,399
    You need to use a hosting site.. like photobucket.