Teen brutally beaten on FL bus. Race conveniently omitted.

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by ncbullgator, Aug 5, 2013.

1. HallGator

HallGator Administrator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,695
    If they are not going to be tried as adults I would recommend they have to get a job and pay compensation to the victim. They serve at least 6 months of weekends in jail and they do around 200 hours of community service. What they are suggesting is not punishment, it's a slap on the wrist. There has to be repercussions for this kind of behavior and they need to be severe enough to get these kids attention.
  2. Jaggator

Jaggator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +5,203
    I watched the video again and it looked worse than the first time I saw it. Maybe clips of the beat down were omitted on CBS. I didn't know that they kicked him repeatedly while he was down. I guess they got tired of using their fists.
  3. gator34654

gator34654 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,114
    The beginning of long rap sheets for these 3 thugs
  4. asuragator

asuragator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +6,082
    The headlines don't necessarily capture everything. It seems to me like they are handling it more as a restorative justice case. There are things going on behind the scenes that we do not know about, including consulting with the victim/parents about the recommendation.
  5. Lawdog88

Lawdog88 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,958

Pretty wild speculation, Doc, especially since the victim has not recovered sufficiently to testify.

Everybody who has ever handled a JJ case in Florida, knows that the JJ system is nothing more than a social agency cloaked as a pretend court system. It is there for one reason: to get the government involved in the juvenile's life in some kind of way or another.
  6. asuragator

Ratings Received:
    +6,082
    It might be speculation, but there's nothing wild about it, LD. I just said it seems...

I know the tendency in Florida has been to confine juveniles offenders to detention facilities or to keep them some pretty onerous probation conditions, but there still remains a undercurrent of folks trying to actually do some good for these juveniles including getting them into diversion programs and employing restorative justice principles to the way these cases are handled.
  7. shelbygt350

shelbygt350 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +756
    A friend of a friend - white teen girl had to transfer to public school from private. Parents financial problems.

AA black guys grab her ass when she walks by. She reports. Black girls deny. Nobody in Adm does anything. Her grades are in toilet

Parents dont know what to do

I suggest she be given mace and next ass grab gets it in eyes.
  8. Minister_of_Information

Minister_of_Information I'm your huckleberry Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,330
    Although that sounds justifiable, I'm pretty sure that would get her expelled.
  9. HallGator

Ratings Received:
    +3,695
    jdr, these teens committed a serious crime. Restorative justice may be called for in cases and many times I would be in agreement with it. In this case as I have stated before these 3 could have killed the youth they attacked. In my opinion this type of attack should be treated with punishment and it should be of a sufficient nature to not only make these perpetrators understand the seriousness of what they did but to send a signal to others. As it is I don't think they are sending any signal at all.
  10. asuragator

Ratings Received:
    +6,082
    We don't know the full extent of what the punishment entails only that the prosecutor recommended 9 mos court supervision. There could be more to it than that.

Reminds me though of that case in Lakeland FL back in 07 or 08 where a bunch of teen girls lured one of their "friends" back to one of their houses and then proceeded to kick the crap out of her all while filming it. They then put it on youtube. Most of them received probation, though I think an 18 yr old and the worst offender got a few weeks in jail--but was released b/c of time served. Anyway, as bad as they were, it does seem to me that given their youth and the circumstances, the prosecutor is showing some mercy; curious though to see if the judge goes along with the recommendation.
  11. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +6,690
    It can get a lot worse than ass grabbing. They need to consult other parents in the community, and teachers who are willing to talk about what is going on on that campus. Form a coalition and get the problem officially recognized and dealt with. It can be done, but it takes resolve and persistence.

Or they need to get the hell out.
  12. Emmitto

Emmitto VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +565
    To what end?
  13. HallGator

Ratings Received:
    +3,695
    Not sure how the circumstances would be a mitigating factor. And any mercy the courts shows them is more than they were giving to the kid they were attacking. I know your heart is in the right place jdr, but there are times for the leniency and there are times for punishment. I believe this is a time for the latter.
  14. gator34654

gator34654 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,114
    Hall, times are changing. With BO and Eric Holder social justice is the name of the game. Whether or not its justified and mostly not, AAs will now get a slap on the wrist all in the name of equality. Doesn't matter if they commit more crimes, all is seen now as AAs are disproportionatly incarcerated or given longer sentences. Based on face value that may appear to be so, but closer look reveals they do commit more crimes and when sentenced most have long rap sheets so when they say so and so gets 5 years for robbery, and joe blow who's white gets 3 years, they don't stop and say AA guy has a long rap sheet and habit.

We have racist leaders by that I mean "my people" holder sides with AAs. He and BO are in their mind going to help their bros. Its just the way it is and the LSM has bought into it.

These 3 thugs get a slap on the wrist and learn that you can pretty much get away with murder. It's the new age of bending over for AAs as if we today are to pay for past sins of yesteryear.
    • Like Like x 1