Tebow to NFL?

Discussion in 'Swamp Gas' started by gator34654, Apr 15, 2014.

1. Tebowism0823

Tebowism0823 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,527
    Wouldn't be spring/summer without it.
  2. Spurffelbow833

Spurffelbow833 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,574
    Look for "Eternal Debate 2: Can Tim Tebow Broadcast?" coming to a TV set near you this fall. I'll laugh my ass off if the circus comes to Bristol. They richly deserve it.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. ETGator1

ETGator1 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +176
    You are entitled to your opinion, but if Tim gets a tryout with Philly, I'll believe it is because of the thoughts I posted above. Besides, I said it was my hunch. That has to be as good as the hunches of anyone else in the absence of any comments from anyone who actually has some good inside information.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,350
    You really don't know just how dysfunctional Denver's whole football organization was before Tebow. Do you? It was one of the worst teams in the league and 'Horse teeth' A.K.A. Elway traded all the most productive players he had on offense in an attempt to "Suck-for-Luck" which backfired on his ass.
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. GreenandScaly

GreenandScaly Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +303
    Tebow should do what Doug Flutie did: Play in the CFL and put up big stats until an NFL team takes notice.
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. G8R92

G8R92 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +390
    You can hate Elway, call him names, make fun of his teeth, but you can't argue with his success. In his 3rd season as EVP, Denver had one of the most prolific offenses the NFL has seen and went to the Super Bowl. The Jags, Bucs and Fins could sure use some of that "Suck-for-Luck".
  7. msa3

msa3 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +699
    Sure, just make stuff up. Why not?

The only "productive" player that Elway traded away was Brandon Lloyd, the most glaring Tebow-hater on the team. Lloyd was a spoiled prima-donna my stats guy who bitched and moaned about Tebow every chance he got (he also blew a chance at a TT comeback by dropping at 2PC). Getting rid to Lloyd was the only chance the Broncos had a t a working locker room that year. And Lloyd is such a great player that he couldn't make a splash in New England and spent last year waiting for the phone to ring.

The truth is the Broncos tried to run a conventional NFL offense in TT's second start, and Detroit murdered them. So Elway, McCoy and Fox came up with an offense that could work for TT. When you combined that with an amazing bunch of luck the broncos put together a very nice run in 2012 and caught a few more breaks against Pittsburg. Had Manning not come to Denver, it would have been interesting to see what could have happened -- to see whether an offense built around TT's skill set could have worked. I don't know. But I do know that the same starting receivers have been pretty close to all pro with Manning behind center, and with TT all we could hear was how many balls they dropped.
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. GolphinGator

GolphinGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +162
    Denver sucks and it was fun watching them get butt stomped. As soon as Manning got some pressure the prolific offense went into the tank and put up stink for the game.
    • Winner Winner x 2
  9. thedude60

thedude60 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +492
    To hell with ole happy feet,,never will win any title again...
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. BobK89

BobK89 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +449
    Look, I'd love to see Tebow on an NFL roster in the fall and would be ecstatic if he were a starter. But, Josh Freeman, with all his baggage, just signed with the Giants while Tim is on the outside looking in. I just think that it does not bode well for him in the NFL.
  11. thedude60

thedude60 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +492
    Who really gives a rats ass about the no funners,,,Ole shaka kahn is about to ( with the impotency of the Jax business leaders,) giving the assurance that the cocktail party will move....His swimming pools and palm trees for the rednecks in the north end zone just about puts the last nail in the coffin.......Home and home time... Just a thought, rotate between Ron Zook field and the gatordome in atlanta !!!!!!
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
    • Agree Agree x 1