Tebow to NFL?

Discussion in 'Swamp Gas' started by gator34654, Apr 15, 2014.

1. samit23

samit23 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +165
    This is a ridiculous statement. If Tim were willing to play a different position then he would be in the league. He is not a QB at that level and nobody wants that much media around for a 3rd stringer. Nobody cares about his religion. They care about winning and money.
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. thedude60

thedude60 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +360
    His performance as a starter with a poor ass offensive group of players say your are off by 180. Would be the best QB for the Bucs Or jags this decade.
    • Agree Agree x 3
  3. og8trz

og8trz VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +205
    Teams spend millions on promotion & to attract ticket buyers, yet the avalanche of attention Tim brings is distracting?
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  4. Pieisyummy

Pieisyummy Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +83
    A lot of it, or at least some of it, seems to be some racial angst over black running QBs told to be pocket passers. If such talk triggers you, compare Stephen A Smith's response to Tebow being "but but what about Charlie Ward q q." Well, on multiple levels, as long as Vick is in the league, Tebow should be.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. orangeblueorangeblue

orangeblueorangeblue Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,512
    Given they let him play for 2 1/2 years and part of one year as a starter, they're not very good at "blackballing."
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. orangeblueorangeblue

Ratings Received:
    +2,512
    Absolutely, at least from a winning team construction standpoint.

Let's say you want him on your team but he ends up being the 2nd best QB on the field. Let's say you play the better option. Let's say the fans refuse to accept that there's someone better. Let's say they boo when you play the #1 QB. Let's say they start to rally to have Tim start and the pressure gets so high that your options are: 1, play him or 2, lose fan support.

Rock and a hard place.
  7. orangeblueorangeblue

Ratings Received:
    +2,512
    In fact, that's the reason I got excited about Tim and New England. That's one of the few places the fans would be absolutely fine with Tim at #2 getting a few wildcatesque plays a game.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. the_alphagator1906

the_alphagator1906 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +128
    I am sorry but there is no way you can look anybody with a straight face and say that Jeff Tuel is better than Tim Tebow. There is absolutely no way you could. Do you know who Jeff Tuel is??? Most sports fans don't, well my friend was an NFL QB somehow last year. I mean there are some really bad QBs in the NFL. They can't win from the pocket, from outside the pocket or anywhere that has anything to do with a pocket. Yet, they have a job as an NFL qb. I mean seriously, Jeff Tuel????
    • Like Like x 1
  9. coach

coach Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +183
    Ridiculous that the kid is not on an NFL roster. A league full of backup QBs that absolutely can not play and a guy with a winning record as a starter is looking for work. The reason can not be about football.
    • Agree Agree x 3
  10. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,780
    TT would be in the league if his fans weren't so fanatical.

But we/they are. Not all of us by a long shot. But too many are just nutz, and NFL GMs and coaches don't want to do deal with that to land a 2nd string QB.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,070
    There are ways to mitigate the frenzy though. Bill belichick did a good Job of this by deflecting too many tebow questions and of course not holding a super bowl sized press conference for the signing of a back up like new york did.

Denver, well that tebow mania was warranted since it was all derived from his victories and the manner in which he achieved them. I would even say the tebow mania was needed in Denver. That city hadn't been that excited since elway won the super bowl. When the fans started calling for tebow it was because they knew incumbent starter Orton was not the answer and after starting 1-4 he solidified that notion, which at 1-4 any team would start looking at the depth chart for answers whether Tebow's on it or not.

While I'm not certain of the actual reason he isn't on a team. I'm thinking it's more of a compilation of reasons. At the same time I think there is a little truth to all of them, crazy fandom, surprisingly polarizing show of religious faith, media circus, and of course his skills are not that of a prototypical qb, all of which are contributing to his free agency.
    • Agree Agree x 3
  12. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,780
    Good points.

I just think if you bring him and he's not the starter, you're just counting the days until the Tebow chants begin... whether truly warranted or not. And people accusing the team that they don't start him because of his religious beliefs.

The funny thing is that Denver with Manning would be a place where even Tebow fans would realize he needs to sit, learn and wait his turn. I guess Elway just didn't believe he was capable, but that should have been a good situation for him. And he could have been used as an occasional change up that teams would have to prep for.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,070
    That's why I thought new England was a good fit somewhat. Because no one would overtake Tom brady. Maybe even Seattle backing up Russell wilson. Then him and harvin can link up once again. I think wilson is pretty much entrenched as the fan favorite in Seattle.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. ETGator1

ETGator1 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +150
    Philadelphia Eagles - Chip Kelly will give him a look at some point this spring.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  15. Tebowism0823

Tebowism0823 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,019
    Is this known knowledge in Philly or something you might think may happen?
  16. ETGator1

ETGator1 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +150
    Just a hunch based on the combination of two things :

1. Nick Foles and Matt Barkley aren't franchise caliber QBs. Chip Kelly will want more competition this spring for the QB position above what he has now on the roster.

2. The offense Philly ran last season wasn't Chip Kelly's offense. He's a competitor and it may be his vanity, but he will want to see an offense more similar to what he ran at Oregon.

I'm not doing anything more than connecting the dots and making a conclusion that it would make sense to give Tim Tebow a tryout in Philadelphia this spring/summer.

Worse things can happen than not playing in the No Fun League. The SEC Network with Tim onboard kicks off its SEC coverage on 8.14.2014.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. gatordavisl

gatordavisl Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,210
    Why, if Foles and Barkley are not franchise QBs, would Chip Kelly bring in Tebow, who is not currently considered a franchise QB? If Philly is not running the Oregon offense, I think that has something to do with NFL defenses and the fact that many college (ex. spread the field horizontally with the running game) offenses are not effective. The current NFL is a vertical/passing oriented game. Tim might get a look in Philly, but I don't know that it would be for the reasons ET is suggesting.
    • Boring Boring x 1
  18. Spurffelbow833

Spurffelbow833 Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,154
    Tim will be 27 by the time the season starts. He doesn't have any more time to sit behind somebody and learn. Either he can play now or he can't. I believe he can, but that and a dime will get you a phone call in 1963.
  19. 96Gatorcise

96Gatorcise Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +541
  20. Sylez_G_Koolaid

Sylez_G_Koolaid Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +148
    Been away for a bit, but I'm glad to see the Eternal Debate lives on!
    • Funny Funny x 1