Tebow to NFL?

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by gator34654, Apr 15, 2014.

1. thedude60

thedude60 Active Member

Ratings Received:
    +573
    Tim was more popular worldwide than the entire no fun league, did you guys forget. The computers could not understand how a guy with the "inability" to be a drop back machine, would be the biggest thing to hit the league in years. A get your nose bloody, run over LB's and DE's, be a team leader, winner at all costs, whether a 95 yard drive, running over Reavis island , or riddling the proud Steeler D for over 300 yards. Lets don't be ignorant and judge his preseason time with the Pats,playing with training camp cannon fodder. Idiots love to say he can't pass, he proved in gametime he could win. How does an inept QB that is a lifetime loser, benched for Tim, get the backup job for Jerry's kids? My humble opinion is nothing more than a frightened " lynch mob" of NFL exec's who were scared shi**less that one man could be bigger than their computerized, boring version of football.​
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
    • Agree Agree x 4
  2. PacificBlueGator

PacificBlueGator Member

Ratings Received:
    +41
    As a life-long Denver Bronco fan, I was thrilled to see Denver take Tim,but I really thought it was surprising to see him go in round 1. The infatuation with him from the press and fans was a distraction, and it got very tiring to see someone command so much attention who hadn't done anything for the team. There was incredible pressure to play him.

It was great to see him win 'helter-skelter', but you could see teams beginning to figure out how to defend him, and he started to lose. The playoff game against the Patriots was brutal. They just sat back and didn't let Tim run, and when he was forced to sit in the pocket, he couldn't read the defense and was sacked numerous times.

I credit Denver and McDaniel for taking a chance, and for Fox doing the best he could with the situation he had. I was also very relieved to see him leave Denver, because the team was not going to win with him and by that I mean have a shot at a championship.

He will always be one of the greatest Gators and not making it in the NFL doesn't diminish that at all. I think he has the opportunity to be a more successful person and have a more meaningful career outside of the stadium then he does inside it.
    • Agree x 2
    • Wish I would have said that x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Dislike x 1
    • Funny x 1
  3. dawny

dawny Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +203
    Try TE/LB if he wants to be in the NFL, he is backballed at QB,good luck
  4. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +5,834
    So winning "helter skelter" isn't a good enough win? And getting a shitty team like the Broncos to the playoffs wasn't good enough either for a 'true Bronco's fan? Please, I saw every game he played and all that mattered was the W or L and he won more often then he lost.

The reason Denver started to lose was they had the 20th best defense in the league, which is below average, yet the Denver bloggers in that town always gave the defense the credit for most of Tebow's wins... Screws Denver and that whole dis-organization. They got clown stomped in the SB... and I laughed all night long while it was happening.
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  5. G8R92

G8R92 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +693
    Didn't Denver lose their last 3 regular season games in 2011 and back into the playoffs?
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 2
    • Boring Boring x 1
  6. PacificBlueGator

PacificBlueGator Member

Ratings Received:
    +41
    No, it really wasn't. Defenses realized if they just didn't let Tim run, he wouldn't beat them with the pass. Your sentiment is the reason a lot of people got tired of Tim, i.e. whenever it didn't work out for Tim his fans berated the team, management, coaches, players, etc. Denver went to the SB, got beat by a great Seattle team. At least they played for the championship when all the other teams sat home.
    • Boring Boring x 3
  7. orangeblueorangeblue

orangeblueorangeblue Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,878
    There's no doubt the fans' reaction (both real/long-term and bandwagon Tim fans) have hurt his chances quite a bit. But as per "figuring" Tim out and Tim "can't pass ..."

Very few rookies can pass in their first year. Even the great ones struggled quite a bit in year 1, and in fact it's only the mobile QBs who have excelled in both the passing and running games in their rookie seasons recently.

Now perhaps teams can "figure out" that if you stop a QB from running then you limit their passing but that's true of all rookie mobile QBs, not just Tim. The thing is, eventually they learn how to pass and then you're in trouble.

With Tim he was never granted that opportunity to learn.
    • Agree Agree x 3
  8. gator34654

gator34654 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,320
    Denver loaded up the O for PM and had weapons TT never had. You are not comparing apples with apples.
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  9. orangeblueorangeblue

orangeblueorangeblue Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,878
    Eh, I'll admit that you give Tim Peyton's surrounding cast and he still does nowhere near as well.

That doesn't mean anything, though. We're saying a rookie / 2nd year player couldn't play as well as one of the greatest NFL QBs of all time. Wow. Shocking stuff.

That said, leave Tim in Denver for 5 years and he wins a whole bunch, that much I'm pretty sure of.
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. PacificBlueGator

PacificBlueGator Member

Ratings Received:
    +41
    I do agree with that, who knows if Josh had stayed at Denver and the team made a decision to dig in and build behind Tim, it may have worked out. Seattle was certainly wise to let Carroll develop his team into his image, but that was a calculated risk based on Carroll's record. Josh was a rookie coach himself who tried to emulate Belichek and he wasn't going to get the same benefit.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Gatorrick22

Ratings Received:
    +5,834
    in 2010 Denver had the 28th overall defense.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Gatorrick22

Ratings Received:
    +5,834
    And the year Tebow won the starting jobs over Orton they traded away their previous years two best receivers. Lloyd and a former Gator receiver...
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,395
    Man I bet the steelers are mad at whoever told them this^^^^
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  14. gator_n_sc

Ratings Received:
    +3,395
    Agree
  15. Gatorrick22

Ratings Received:
    +5,834

Lol... too funny. Maybe PBG never saw Tim play in Denver?
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. gator_n_sc

Ratings Received:
    +3,395
    Tim was always going to be a project and like with any project there is a high reward for taking the risk. But it takes coaching and mentoring which is difficult when you go through coaches like underwear.

I wouldn't probably put Tim as a top 30 QB in the league right now in the traditional manner that is but there are nearly a 100 qb's in the league and he certainly is better than a majority of the back ups and a few current starters for some teams.

Off the top of my head I believe Tim is better than colt McCoy, Terrell pryor, Blaine gabbert, that rotating cluster f#$* Arizona had a couple years ago and a good bit of back ups. Oh and let's not forget 30 million dollar man jamarcus Russell.

For the record I would have taken someone of Peyton's caliber, BUT.. would have been thrilled to have Tim as a back up to learn from one of the best ever. I don't know many fans who would want Tim in over Manning except on maybe goal line situations. So the excuse they didn't want the pressure behind Manning is a little absurd.
    • Agree Agree x 3
  17. rpmGator

rpmGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +944
    Can't pass, what a load of CRAP. Tim passed in college, had big numbers. Tim passed for three hundred yards in one of only three, the last three, without any first team practice or starts in his true rookie season and won a game.

He then enters a season where the passer was killing the team with turnovers. Tim comes in again without practice with the first team. So he is told, throw it away or run and keep turnovers down. Then his sure handed receivers helped his average out also as some of them were rookies.

Tim was killing it in fantasy points by scoring with both running and passing. The total starts he has is equal to one rookie year. Compare that to rookie QB stats and the thing that jumps out is win's and a playoff win, won by reading the D and a perfect pass on the numbers, in stride, to win a playoff game.

A winning record in regular season, a win in the playoffs is the bottom line. No one has allowed Tim, who throws one sweet long ball, to play with the first team until in season. Which is proof positive that he can be a whole lot better on the pine for some team than the crap you say is better than Tim. At least we know Tim can win under that circumstance, yet some prefer a passer like Orton over a winner like Tebow.
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. G8R92

G8R92 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +693
    I give up. I've tried to read the post above 3 times and can't do it. Was it typed on a flip phone?
  19. rpmGator

rpmGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +944
    Matter of fact it was typed on a phone... The typo's I couldn't fix so you will have to ask someone whatitsaid.
  20. SwampKing1

SwampKing1 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +119
    NFL black balled him imo due to his religious "following".
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1