Tea party members have better cognitive reasoning

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by OklahomaGator, Dec 17, 2013.

1. vangator1

vangator1 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +163
    The only thing surprising is that the report only said "slightly". We all know he meant "significantly".
  2. chemgator

chemgator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +891
    Interesting "logic". However, look at the difference in how the two presidents handled unemployment:

Reagan: "Pick yourself up by the bootstraps and make yourself useful."

Obama (paraphrased for brevity): "Relax. Have some extended unemployment benefits. You'll like them. When I engineer a recovery of the economy, your job will come back. All will be well, I promise."

What is the net effect of those two statements? People in the 1980's were looking harder for a job, finding one that might only be a short-term job, losing it, and then being counted as unemployed again. People after the 2008 economic collapse were persuaded to stop looking for work. After a certain period of time, they stopped being counted as unemployed.
  3. asuragator

asuragator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +5,985
    I provided a factual comparison, you give fake paraphrases attributable to Obama and unsupportable comparisons between the 1980s and now. I mean, how do you know people were looking harder for jobs in the 1980s? That's just made up stuff.

But if you think there was much difference in how the two president's handled unemployment, can you answer which president said the following? (Hint 1: It's either Obama or Reagan; Hint 2: It wasn't Obama)

Last edited: Dec 21, 2013
  4. gatorman_07732

gatorman_07732 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,797
    Very nice, now do you know do you know what the GDP comparisons are from year 4 on? Just so you know, Obama is into his second term.
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2013
  5. rivergator

rivergator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,589
    Actually, you've kind of messed up everything you done on this thread. Called the unemployment figures wrong, even though I noticed you declined to look at the BLS site and point out what was wrong. You somehow tried to pretend someone was claiming that the economy improve under Reagan, which is something you simply made up.
    Although, if we are to believe the other conservative poster, Carter gets full credit for that.
  6. gatorman_07732

Ratings Received:
    +3,797
    No actually you are very deceiving poster. Only an idiot would think Reagan left the economy worse of than he found it and here in lies the premise of the thread which is cognitive reasoning and you don't have it.
  7. rivergator

Ratings Received:
    +1,589
    AGain, no one said that, no matter how many times you keep repeating it. You say the unemployment figures I posted were bogus. So go look at the BLS site and tell me how they were wrong.
  8. gatorman_07732

Ratings Received:
    +3,797
    Of course you guys insinuated it, of which your back tracking. That was my only point and you and jdr decided to play statistical games that proved nothing to my point. If I might, you are the one that hijacked this thread to divert from the fact that liberals are void of cognitive reasoning. I take that you did it to raise up the white flag on the matter.
  9. rivergator

Ratings Received:
    +1,589
    you disagreed with the stats that were posted. obviously, you can't show they're wrong. all you can do is insult. my guess is that you might have even gone to the BLS link I posted, realized the figures were right and decided you'd just go back to more insults rather than talk facts.
    It is a shame, there used to be more conservatives on this board who were actually willing to talk facts instead of the stuff that you and others do. I'm guessing you guys made it too embarrassing for them.