Taser Death of Graffiti Artist Israel Hernandez-Llach Revives Debate

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by gator996, Aug 13, 2013.

1. Gatormb

Gatormb Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +760
    Wow. A failed McDonalds. When's the last time you heard of that?:plain:

Carry on.
  2. GatorFanCF

GatorFanCF Premium Member

Ratings Received:
    +612
    Posted earlier: " The decedent most certainly would have disobeyed the officers' multiple vocal commands to stop and surrender. "

Were the commands given in BOTH English and Spanish? Perhaps he was hearing imparied and therefore didn't know what the cops were saying...did they "sign" the instruction to stop? It's South Florida; so, maybe they should have had a Creole interpreter at the scene as well - I mean, let's make sure we have ALL bases covered - it would only mean another 20,000 officers in the county...small price to pay for an "artist." :ninja:
  3. MichiGator2002

MichiGator2002 VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,692
    I don't honestly care if they weren't given in Spanish. It would only make me care a little if this specific person were not an English speaker anyway. English is the lingua franca, whether official or not. Do you think Italian police stop to run through their orders in various Eurozone languages just out of deference?

I'll do you one better -- is there any scenario in which the police are barking orders, in any language at all, where a reasonable person is going to assume the order is to move about freely, to continue what you are doing as though they aren't there, or to run away from them? Pretty sure that's a 'no'. If the police have singled you out and are barking commands, I don't care if they are in Urdu, the safe assumption is that gist of these orders are "don't move, let me see your hands, no sudden movements".
  4. wargunfan

wargunfan Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +189
    Where I live we have spent a great deal of money repairing the damage from a group of twenty-something retards whose hobby is "grinding" every available surface with their BMX bicycles and spray painting buildings. It's the same attitude as the late great graffiti "artist". The phrase poetic justice comes to mind. If I ever get my hands on one of them they better like the taste of spray paint.
  5. anstro76

anstro76 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +858
    Such an enlightened post. Retards, mocking a dead artist (notice the absence of quotation marks), and pre meditated assault. Really covered the bases with this one.

Sent from my mind using ESP