Suspensions

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by BobbyGator72, Aug 31, 2013.

1. BobbyGator72

BobbyGator72 Member

Ratings Received:
    +49
    I know this is a hot topic especially with CM going off on the inaccurate reporting but I wonder if the NCAA would ever release how many athletes were suspended for failed drug tests during week 1. TAMU had half of it's defense suspended today, Florida had it's share even FAU had a bunch last night against Miami. I am not saying they need to release the players names, just a total number. I bet it would be close to 200 maybe even more... That said do you think that problem needs to be addressed. I know that smoking weed is done by a large percentage of the population but it is illegal and if such a high number continue to fail I think something needs to be done... Either make it a harsher penalty or push to legalize it...
  2. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +8,458
    It should be decriminalized, but even if it is, teams may want to discipline usage.

Teams don't discipline consistently so I am not in favor of releasing information on who is being suspended for drug use.
  3. BobbyGator72

BobbyGator72 Member

Ratings Received:
    +49
    I thought it was an automatic suspension of 1 game for a 2nd failed drug test.