Study shows that Obama administration most secretive since Nixon

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by PSGator66, Oct 11, 2013.

1. PSGator66

PSGator66 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +667
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2013
  2. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +4,286
    The old communist Soviet Union was just as secretive as this administration we have now.
  3. HallGator

HallGator Administrator VIP Member

Ratings Received:
    +3,224
    I'm sure that is a highly objective study too. Coming from breitbart that is. :roll:
  4. philnotfil

philnotfil Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +228
    Not actually a study, but carried out by the Committee to Protect Journalists, merely reported by Breitbart. They call it a special report, but it reads like a long form editorial.

A link to the actual special report

The closing paragraphs:
  5. Gatorrick22

Ratings Received:
    +4,286
    So, do you guys dispute it? Is Obama's administration open and transparent?
  6. g8rjd

g8rjd Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +374
    Actually, Rick's hyperbole aside, this is one of the greatest disappointments of this Administration, particularly in light of its initial campaign promises to be so open. Of course, there is a difference between saying how you would govern and actually having the responsibility to govern, and, in a post-9/11 world, openness may not seem as practicable from the inside as it appears it can be from the outside. It was a major criticism of the Bush Administration during the first campaign, but has picked up right where that Administration left off.
  7. Gatorrick22

Ratings Received:
    +4,286
    You make a compelling argument on the POTUS' behalf. However, I as referring to the lack of openness to the Reps in the House of Representatives and the Reps is the Senate. His doors have mostly been closed to the opposite party, and Obama has been very unwilling to open up to a possibility to some sort of middle ground debate or compromise on key issues... other than Obama-care. Issues like the budget come to mind.
  8. g8rjd

g8rjd Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +374
    Actually, I was being critical of the POTUS for failing to keep his campaign promise and only suggesting a reason why that might have happened. I assure you, I am not defending him for this.

As far as openness to Congress, since I'm not in Congress, I have no idea what the Administration is or is not telling them, particularly in closed security committees, such as national security issues. So I'm left to hear what one side says they aren't hearing about, which begs the question of how they would know about something that they claim they aren't hearing about.

I also don't consider "secretive" synonymous to "willingness to compromise." I find those to be two entirely different things. "Secretive" is failure to disclose information, sometimes sensitive information, upon request. "Willingness to compromise" is changing a position to something in the face of disagreement. I was discussing the former, not the latter.
  9. Gatorrick22

Ratings Received:
    +4,286
    Secretive is synonymous with closed doors. That precedes anything like a possible compromise. No open doors... no way to even talk, let alone compromise. Not nitpicking... just correcting and misunderstanding. Therefor the closed door policy of Obama makes him un willing to even talk, which makes in turn makes him secretive... behind his closed doors.
  10. g8rjd

g8rjd Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +374
    Your view is intriguing, but not what I was saying at all. Hopefully, my last post clarified that.